What's the deal with LineMan at the moment ?

Aurelien

I've used LineMan application for food delivery for years, never had issues. Around 1 month ago, the fees suddenly became higher, up to 20 bahts per order, no matter the distance. It used to be only 2 or 3 bahts. At first i thought it was because of rainy days but it stayed that way. More, the app keeps canceling my orders and i have to try 3 or 4 times before finding a driver while before, it was instantaneous. Any ideas why ? Or did you notice the same thing ? 

• Like 1

It's the business model.

They start with a low delivery fee, get you used to ordering through their app, then once they have a steady customer base they increase the fee to improve profitability.

As far as cancelled orders because there are no drivers, you do know that we've had rampant flooding in parts of town over the past 10 days or so, right?  That means (a) fewer drivers as some cannot get to work and (b) increased demand for food delivery as potential diners cannot get out and about.

This exact scenario also applies to Bolt, Grab, Food Panda, inDrive, etc.  

8 hours ago, Aurelien said:

the fees suddenly became higher ... More, the app keeps canceling my orders and i have to try 3 or 4 times before finding a driver while before, it was instantaneous.

Thanks for posting about this, @Aurelien.

I've noticed similar and was wondering, too.

From recent experience in Bangkok, I can report similar problems there.

Suggests the fundamental problem may be LineMan operations with CM flooding just adding to the situation.