I met Mr Independent

So today I spent the afternoon in LK metro 

There was no alcohol but I sat in a bar which I was happy there was no alcohol I don't drink it!

But to get to the story I spoke to another farang and we brought up the topic he is known as Mr Independent because he does live in Pattaya without any support 

He won't have a GF he doesn't even have family back in Belgium 

And we watched and watched time and time again farangs elderly who NEED a girl friend as a mother figure 

Be brutally honest,how many of you expat guys living in Thailand Don't have a girlfriend or some emotional person support 

Are you independent or you NEED a person to be there 

Mr Independent doesn't ,a string Belgium man 

Edited by georgegeorgia

11 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

When I go to shopping centres the only people that I see holding hangs are Mothers with their  Children and Thai woman with their felang boyfriend .

In both situations the woman is in control of the Male 

That's because the man WANTS it like that 

He needs a mother figure any Girl will do as long as he has SUPPORT whilst living here emotional which is fake but makes him feel like he is ok .

Some don't even have sex they just need a boss girl to look after them 

I would like expats here who are Mr Independent and rely on no one but themselves to get through life , unfortunately none nowadays 

Edited by georgegeorgia

I've lived in Thailand/south-east Asia for 22+ years.  The worst time that I had was when I had a Thai GF/wife.

Now divorced (for the 3rd time about 10 years ago), I am completely independent of anyone, Thai or otherwise.  I prefer it that way.  I no longer have the responsibility of considering the views of a wife or partner.  I can do what I want and go where I want. I'm a social guy, but have zero interest in sharing my life with a partner.

Since getting divorced all those years ago, I have traveled to or lived in Mauritius, Turkish coast, UK, Khao Lak, Koh Lanta, Koh Phangan, Samui, Pattaya, Ranong, Bueng Kan, Yangon, Mandalay, Naypyitaw, Luang Prabang... I'm not sure that I could do that with a partner 'in tow'.