I met Mr Independent

So today I spent the afternoon in LK metro 

There was no alcohol but I sat in a bar which I was happy there was no alcohol I don't drink it!

But to get to the story I spoke to another farang and we brought up the topic he is known as Mr Independent because he does live in Pattaya without any support 

He won't have a GF he doesn't even have family back in Belgium 

And we watched and watched time and time again farangs elderly who NEED a girl friend as a mother figure 

Be brutally honest,how many of you expat guys living in Thailand Don't have a girlfriend or some emotional person support 

Are you independent or you NEED a person to be there 

Mr Independent doesn't ,a string Belgium man 

Edited by georgegeorgia

11 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

When I go to shopping centres the only people that I see holding hangs are Mothers with their  Children and Thai woman with their felang boyfriend .

In both situations the woman is in control of the Male 

That's because the man WANTS it like that 

He needs a mother figure any Girl will do as long as he has SUPPORT whilst living here emotional which is fake but makes him feel like he is ok .

Some don't even have sex they just need a boss girl to look after them 

I would like expats here who are Mr Independent and rely on no one but themselves to get through life , unfortunately none nowadays 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Haha 1

I've lived in Thailand/south-east Asia for 22+ years.  The worst time that I had was when I had a Thai GF/wife.

Now divorced (for the 3rd time about 10 years ago), I am completely independent of anyone, Thai or otherwise.  I prefer it that way.  I no longer have the responsibility of considering the views of a wife or partner.  I can do what I want and go where I want. I'm a social guy, but have zero interest in sharing my life with a partner.

Since getting divorced all those years ago, I have traveled to or lived in Mauritius, Turkish coast, UK, Khao Lak, Koh Lanta, Koh Phangan, Samui, Pattaya, Ranong, Bueng Kan, Yangon, Mandalay, Naypyitaw, Luang Prabang... I'm not sure that I could do that with a partner 'in tow'.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

So today I spent the afternoon in LK metro 

There was no alcohol but I sat in a bar which I was happy there was no alcohol I don't drink it!

But to get to the story I spoke to another farang and we brought up the topic he is known as Mr Independent because he does live in Pattaya without any support 

He won't have a GF he doesn't even have family back in Belgium 

And we watched and watched time and time again farangs elderly who NEED a girl friend as a mother figure 

Be brutally honest,how many of you expat guys living in Thailand Don't have a girlfriend or some emotional person support 

Are you independent or you NEED a person to be there 

Mr Independent doesn't ,a string Belgium man 

There is nothing peculiar about human beings requiring and obtaining emotional support from other human beings.

It fact it rates 10/10 on the "Being a Normal Human" scale.

There is no arguing with that...... except from weird, delusional, dysfunctional, lonely, isolated, creepjerks.

"To be brutally honest".

🙂

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

When I go to shopping centres the only people that I see holding hangs are Mothers with their  Children and Thai woman with their felang boyfriend .

In both situations the woman is in control of the Male 

You must have a poor life Mr Nick 😁

Everywhere in the world, happy couples hold hands, not only at supermarkets in Thailand. 

I have to admit, I prefer to sit at the coffe shop while my wife shopping, or stay home. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Been holding my partner's hand in public for over 50 years, in 7 or 8 different countries.   TH just happens to be one of them.

Since my first gf in 3. Grade proud holding hands to

53 minutes ago, Hummin said:

You must have a poor life Mr Nick 😁

Everywhere in the world, happy couples hold hands, not only at supermarkets in Thailand. 

I have to admit, I prefer to sit at the coffe shop while my wife shopping, or stay home. 

I don't often see Thai couples holding hands .

Not even teenage couples .

Its just Parents with Children and Felangs with a Thai woman who hold hands in public

15 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I don't often see Thai couples holding hands .

Not even teenage couples .

Its just Parents with Children and Felangs with a Thai woman who hold hands in public

Young thais do more and more holding hands, hugs and kissing in public, but I have to admit it is more a western thing than a Thai culture. 

12 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Young thais do more and more holding hands, hugs and kissing in public, but I have to admit it is more a western thing than a Thai culture. 

I have never seen a Thai couple kissing in public . but yeah, a few hello and goodbye hugs and thats it 

In Pattaya mostly see guys dragging their girlfriends around 24/7, for some it's just an LT, others it's a monthly paid one. For a lot of men their partner is a rent a friend, who don't like being on their own.

Personally i like being independent, see friends and girls when i want, I don't drag anyone round