iCon Fraud Unveiled: Lessons in Greed and Hard Truths

webfact

1 hour ago, proton said:

The biggest ponzi scheme ever :sad:

I assume you are referring to BTC. Yeah, I hear of that for the past 7 years.... 

and because of that I will post why it's not, but for others to know, not for you.

Some people believe that Bitcoin is a Ponzi scheme because they don't really understand what a Ponzi scheme is or how Bitcoin works.

Bitcoin is not a Ponzi scheme. Bitcoin differs from a Ponzi scheme in several ways, such as:

Transparency:  Bitcoin transactions are recorded on a public ledger called the blockchain, which allows anyone to verify them at any time. Ponzi schemes require secrecy to operate.

Decentralization: Bitcoin is a decentralized asset, meaning it's not controlled by a third party or person.
Value: Bitcoin doesn’t rely on new investors to pay returns to earlier ones. Instead, its value is determined by market demand and supply, like other currencies and commodities. Ponzi schemes promise high returns with little risk, but the returns are actually paid out using funds from new investors.

Bitcoin can be highly speculative and its price can be very volatile, but it's not a Ponzi scheme.

And, it’s super important to note that the cryptocurrency space has seen its huge share of fraudulent schemes, like OneCoin, which was a true Ponzi scheme. So, while Bitcoin itself isn’t a Ponzi scheme, it’s crucial to be cautious and do thorough research before investing in any cryptocurrency.

6 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

It's hard to feel sorry for anyone involved in this scheme. Even those at the lower end of the pyramid must have known that the only way to get a return on their "investment" was to recruit more victims - often family or friends.

Similar to Amway

a bit like the scammers that google still allows when you type interest rate Thai banks and you get the scammy 10% return, while thai banks give around 2% ...  also a company that misuses , confuses, using a big insurance name ripoff to make you think they are legit...

16 hours ago, brfsa2 said:

The only true way to really get rich in the long term: Bitcoin.

and that needs a lot of patience. 

It is the only true value now and in the the decades to come, where no government can manipulate it, or create out of thin air as they do with money today.

The main thing that Bitcoin, pyramid and Ponzi schemes, and the iCon scheme have in common is greed. Wanting to make a fast buck. There is nothing whatever behind Bitcoin, so it relies on supply and demand. Initial the value was set low, the supply was low, so demand caused a dramatic increase in value, over time from 20c to $60,000. Anyone who got in early and sold out early will have made a lot of money. But now demand is slowing down, and maybe drying up. In the early days people easily made 10x or 100x their investment, but those days are gone. It makes no sense that someone buying in at $60,000 will make 10x their investment. Maybe 10% if they are both patient and lucky. I very much doubt that any current Bitcoin holders bought in at 20c, but there must be investors still in there for whom the price could fall substantially and they will still make money. The proble is those who bought in recently at a high price. If demand dops and prices start to fall, some will keep their cool but some will panic and sell at a loss. That will fuel a further dop in price, and the bubble could very easily burst. How you think it has a "true value" I have no idea.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Dr B said:

The main thing that Bitcoin, pyramid and Ponzi schemes, and the iCon scheme have in common is greed. Wanting to make a fast buck. There is nothing whatever behind Bitcoin, so it relies on supply and demand. Initial the value was set low, the supply was low, so demand caused a dramatic increase in value, over time from 20c to $60,000. Anyone who got in early and sold out early will have made a lot of money. But now demand is slowing down, and maybe drying up. In the early days people easily made 10x or 100x their investment, but those days are gone. It makes no sense that someone buying in at $60,000 will make 10x their investment. Maybe 10% if they are both patient and lucky. I very much doubt that any current Bitcoin holders bought in at 20c, but there must be investors still in there for whom the price could fall substantially and they will still make money. The proble is those who bought in recently at a high price. If demand dops and prices start to fall, some will keep their cool but some will panic and sell at a loss. That will fuel a further dop in price, and the bubble could very easily burst. How you think it has a "true value" I have no idea.

Ill reference your post at election time when bitcoin climbs to 100k

• Sad 1