Pattaya Traffic CCTVs

PPGuy

On 10/19/2024 at 12:04 AM, PPGuy said:

Not sure if this has been posted previously but this link shows the locations/views from a number of CCTV cameras around Pattaya. Primarily of the status of the traffic but also some views of the 'hotspots', albeit from a distance. Fairly decent quality pictures.

https://ioc.pattaya.go.th/live-cctv

Brilliant! I noticed hardly any over Jomtien way! There are some at the junction of Thepprasit and Thappraya but not sure if they're working.

How many of you went directly to the Walking Street cameras to see if you could spot if your "teerak" was really just out visiting her "sister" ?

There is also an app that lets you see all (well, "most") of those Traffic Cameras scattered around the country.

It's called iTic.

itic-logo.png

Works better on a phone than a PC it seems.

After you open the app you see a map of Thailand. On the right side are 4 small squares (3 white, 1 black). Click on that and you'll see 6 icons. Each will show different information like the current pollution index (the AQI icon), gas station locations and so on.

The "Traffic cone" icon will show you all those Traffic Cams scattered around the country. Click on one and it will show you the live feed from that camera.

Note that it seems they are not (yet) linked to all the traffic cameras as I've seen a number of cameras on different roads that don't appear on their map so I'm guessing it's a work in progress.

Also, when I first installed it, I could click on the gas pump icon and it showed me literally every (major) gas station in the country. Doesn't seem to be working now for some reason. Could be the internet, could be the app.

It can be a handy tool at times. Like if you're about to head downtown and you see that it's wall-to-wall traffic jammed up at one intersection or you see it's pouring rain on the way to (wherever).

Would be nice if they could use it with Google Maps so you could change the language and use it for trip planning. Maybe one day......

• Thanks 1