Positive stroke for moving to Chiang Mai

2. 20

Samsung repairs / after sales service

3. 3

Cannot find a working offline translate app

4. 25

Why do receipts cost so much?

5. 175

Deadlocked Between Trump and Harris in NBC News Poll as Election Approaches

6. 10

Thailand Urged to Tackle Foreign Influence in Tourism Business

7. 91

Big bike forced off road by car on Bangkok highway - video

8. 314

Hit and run got me, I'm all broken!

9. 74

WrLife still ok?

10. 8

Expats in Pattaya nasty ?

11. 2

Should "Ethnic Minority" be Replaced with "Global Majority"?

12. 3

90 Days report starts from?

Wall street very convinced ,its gonna be Trump

riclag

12 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I'm sorry, I just have the actual tax brackets, not some analysis:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_Cuts_and_Jobs_Act

Screenshot_20241021_221005_Chrome.jpg

I post a link to the official House Buget Committee, and you try discredit it with a cut-and-paste from Wiki? 

You are either being dishonest, or you know nothing about taxes.

The standard deductions for 2024 are:

Single or Married Filing Separately—$14,600.
Married Filing Jointly or Qualifying Surviving Spouse—$29,200.
Head of Household—$21,900.

No one earning $14.600 a year of less pays any federal income tax. 

Again, because of the Trump tax cuts, people less tax, and tax revenue increased, and "The share of taxes paid by the Top 1% of households increased while the tax burden paid by lower income earners decreased."

But like most leftists, you do not care about the truth. You'll say anything you think benefits the left. 

TrumpTaxCuts.thumb.jpg.4b1e0ee37d6da1aaedf7b3d3c3ba6018.jpg

Publication 505 (2024), Tax Withholding and Estimated Tax | Internal Revenue Service

Despite CBO’s Predictions, Trump Tax Cuts Were a Boon for America’s Economy and Working Families | The U.S. House Committee on the Budget - House Budget Committee

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I guess the laws are different in your country.

A mob trying to stop a government process is not just an out of control protest.

It was a protest.  You can your types only want to make it worse for political reasons.

Would you describe the mostly peaceful summer of love as peaceful?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

"A good deal of his bizarre campaign rally?" OK. Let's look at the numbers. How long was the rally, how much time was spent on Palmer's driver, and does that equate to "a good deal" of time? Your claim, feel free to prove it. 

The fact that there is even a discussion of the amount of time Trump spent in an important presidential campaign spouting penis envy of Palmer's 'driver' size shows the depth Trump has sunk American politics.   I mean, seriously, talking for any length of time about someone's penis size to a crowd that I assume included women and children in such an important election?   Am I the only one feeling I am getting deeper and deeper into the Twilight Zone?

American voters should be outrageously offended by his crude, grossly inappropriate, and totally unpresidential remarks and behavior.  Instead, we've all become numb to this disgusting creature and his supporters end up, not outraged, as they should be, but focused on the length (small pun) of Trump's bizarre comments.   Well, it wasn't the whole speech, so what's the big deal?   I'll focus, instead, on all his big, beautiful lies that make me feel better.  Go away and let me stick my head deeper in the sand.  Sad. 

1 hour ago, G_Money said:

Why not?  Billionaires produce.  Those making 12k a year don’t.

Damn those people on 12k a year.

Reports emphasize that despite their critical contributions, cleaners are often underpaid and suffer from in-work poverty. Public sentiment has pushed for better pay and treatment, suggesting that these workers are highly valuable, even though they are paid less than a real living wage  .

Many argue that these workers’ contributions to society and the economy go underappreciated, but their roles in maintaining public health and operational infrastructure are indispensable.

5 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Reports emphasize that despite their critical contributions, cleaners are often underpaid and suffer from in-work poverty. Public sentiment has pushed for better pay and treatment, suggesting that these workers are highly valuable, even though they are paid less than a real living wage  .

Many argue that these workers’ contributions to society and the economy go underappreciated, but their roles in maintaining public health and operational infrastructure are indispensable.

Boo Hoo.

Lobby the UK government for higher wages if you feel the floor sweepers are under paid.

Are you a U.S. taxpayer?  I didn’t think so.

Edited by G_Money
  • Love It 1

12 minutes ago, newnative said:

The fact that there is even a discussion of the amount of time Trump spent in an important presidential campaign spouting penis envy of Palmer's 'driver' size shows the depth Trump has sunk American politics.   I mean, seriously, talking for any length of time about someone's penis size to a crowd that I assume included women and children in such an important election?   Am I the only one feeling I am getting deeper and deeper into the Twilight Zone?

American voters should be outrageously offended by his crude, grossly inappropriate, and totally unpresidential remarks and behavior.  Instead, we've all become numb to this disgusting creature and his supporters end up, not outraged, as they should be, but focused on the length (small pun) of Trump's bizarre comments.   Well, it wasn't the whole speech, so what's the big deal?   I'll focus, instead, on all his big, beautiful lies that make me feel better.  Go away and let me stick my head deeper in the sand.  Sad. 

Trump is an entertainer. He has been in the entertainment business longer than politics, and he has met a lot of famous folks. So it is natural for him to pepper his speeches with amusing anecdotes about celebrities.  Now, be honest, you really arent offended by the remarks about Palmer's 'long game', and neither was the crowd. They loved it!

It was just Trump being Trump.What you see is what you get.  And all the feigned outrage just makes the left look like humourless scolds. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

They would be paid more if the Biden/Harris administration hadn't let 10 million plus people into the country to flood the workforce for blue collar jobs and artificially drive down wages.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Trump is an entertainer. He has been in the entertainment business longer than politics, and he has met a lot of famous folks. So it is natural for him to pepper his speeches with amusing anecdotes about celebrities.  Now, be honest, you really arent offended by the remarks about Palmer's 'long game', and neither was the crowd. They loved it!

It was just Trump being Trump.What you see is what you get.  And all the feigned outrage just makes the left look like humourless scolds. 

"Trump is an entertainer".....very true.....but what the US and the world needs is clear headed, sensible, moderate, democratically elected leader........not an entertainer.

Just now, Will B Good said:

"Trump is an entertainer".....very true.....but what the US and the world needs is clear headed, sensible, moderate, democratically elected leader........not an entertainer.

Too bad that's not on offer by either party. So, pick the guy who's been there and done that. Aided the cause of world peace and kept the American economy humming along. Not the empty pant-suit.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Hanaguma said:

Too bad that's not on offer by either party. So, pick the guy who's been there and done that. Aided the cause of world peace and kept the American economy humming along. Not the empty pant-suit.

Perhaps you have some catching up to do on your heroes "achievements" in office. :whistling:

5 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Trump is a golf cheat, Palmer epitomized all the honorable aspects of the game. Only a sick person would see the humor in Trump profaning one of the game's icons.

Do you think Trump being a sexual predator is funny too?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Perhaps you have some catching up to do on your heroes "achievements" in office. :whistling:

Not my hero, but given the alternative the only logical choice for president.  He did well, the economy was humming along until Covid fvcked the world. The border was in far better shape too.  Inflation was low, gas was cheap, etc. These are the things American voters care about, not off-colour remarks made in jest at a campaign rally.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Hanaguma said:

Not my hero, but given the alternative the only logical choice for president.  He did well, the economy was humming along until Covid fvcked the world. The border was in far better shape too.  Inflation was low, gas was cheap, etc. These are the things American voters care about, not off-colour remarks made in jest at a campaign rally.

Please do some reading on stuff........:coffee1:

8 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

It's not 'feigned outrage'.  There is genuine outrage and disgust but there's much more sadness for me, as an American, at what Trump has done to my country.   Sorry if I find no humor in it.

Just now, newnative said:

It's not 'feigned outrage'.  There is genuine outrage and disgust but there's much more sadness for me, as an American, at what Trump has done to my country.   Sorry if I find no humor in it.

Trump hasnt been in the White House for a while. What has been done to your country was done by the current administration. 

As to worrying about Arnold Palmer's junk, get over it.  It is an attempted media sh!tstorm that will fade within a day. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, newnative said:

Boo hoo hoo 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, HK MacPhooey said:

Non Americans don't really care about Trump's business empire or any of his financial or other misdemeanours especially those pursued by the Democrats favourite weapon of 'lawfare', most people don't really care about the 'locker room' talk and supposed claims of his misogyny or racism - all they know is that the world was a lot safer and people had a lot more hope during the Trump Presidency and they fear what further damage four more years of Obama/Harris mismanagement would bring    

The Trump presidency consisted of sucking up to dictators, and giving offence to allies. Every democratic leader understood nothing Trump said could be relied on. He was a diplomatic disaster.

Speak for yourself. You're not speaking for many non-Americans.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HK MacPhooey said:

Non Americans don't really care about Trump's business empire or any of his financial or other misdemeanours especially those pursued by the Democrats favourite weapon of 'lawfare', most people don't really care about the 'locker room' talk and supposed claims of his misogyny or racism - all they know is that the world was a lot safer and people had a lot more hope during the Trump Presidency and they fear what further damage four more years of Obama/Harris mismanagement would bring    

Obama? Is he on the ballot? Or is all the rambling drivel I see from the resident MAGA crowd partly a result of their advanced age?

So people were safer and had more hope when Trump was president? Tell me, how safe and hopeful were they after the Trump virus struck and his mismanagement of it had already killed countless numbers of his fellow Americans. Tell us how safe they felt, please.