3BB Fibernet installation in a condo

Alldar

I would like to have 3BB fibernet installed at my condo in Pattaya.

I was talking multiple times to 3BB and to the condo management and from what I understood 3BB is only responsible for installation of the fiber optics cable at the ground floor of the condo. They say they cannot install the cable to my room. They advised me to talk to condo management to get a technician install the cable to my room. Condo management refused that as they say they cannot do it and the 3BB must install the cable to my room.

In the shop they offered to get some technician install the cable to my room for about 3000 baht. As I understand this technician is 3rd party subcontractor and if there would be some problem with the internet 3BB might say that the technician did the bad work.

Is this your experience as well? I am pretty shocked by this. Also shouldn't the cable installation be free of charge up to some length? I read somewhere that up to 300m it is free of charge. I am living on 8th floor and it is surely less than 300m but they still refuse it.

Did you pay this 3rd party technician to install the cable to your room?

8 minutes ago, Alldar said:

n the shop they offered to get some technician install the cable to my room for about 3000 baht. As I understand this technician is 3rd party subcontractor and if there would be some problem with the internet 3BB might say that the technician did the bad work.

if it is fiber optic cable and you have the "ONT" and modem in your room then go for this option...if it is not a fiber cable but the existing coaxial cable  or ADSL  twisted pair phone line  cable then look for another provider/option.

Often the condo management have a "rather cozy" deal with a certain telecom company and will only allow that company to install internet services  ask them who the  allow.

Other than that you can look at a cellular 5G  mobile internet package and associated modem  which is a second rate choice but would allow you more options..if the condo management wont cooperate.

Thanks for your answer. Yes we are talking about fiber optics cable directly to my room.

I have talked to my condo management already and 3BB is available in the building.

5G mobile internet I have now and the speed is really unstable. That is not a solution for me.

I am specifically asking what is your experience about installation of the fiber optics to a room in a condo by 3BB. Did you have to pay this 3rd party technician as well? Did 3BB find the technician for you? Shouldn't it be free up to some length?

28 minutes ago, Alldar said:

In the shop they offered to get some technician install the cable to my room for about 3000 baht. As I understand this technician is 3rd party subcontractor and if there would be some problem with the internet 3BB might say that the technician did the bad work.

Yes this is how it works, i recently paid 3k for installation, not an easy job for them so worth 3k baht

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes this is how it works, i recently paid 3k for installation, not an easy job for them so worth 3k baht

Did 3BB find the technician for you? Was it 3BB technician or a subcontractor?

I still have a feeling like something shady is going on. I was having a call with 3BB call centre and the lady told me that they cannot find technician for me.

I suppose that installation on the first floor is a bit easier then the

20th floor ?   splicing the fiber cable requires very expensive equipment

3BB are already providing the modem/ONT for "free"  

3000 baht doesn't sound too expensive as a one off payment for a needed service..obviously "free" is better but sometimes you can't always get what you want.

6 minutes ago, Alldar said:

Did 3BB find the technician for you? Was it 3BB technician or a subcontractor?

I still have a feeling like something shady is going on. I was having a call with 3BB call centre and the lady told me that they cannot find technician for me.

3BB should organise it, arrange via Line, can find contact details on their website, no need to go anywhere or call anyone. Seems it's a sub contractor, with a 3BB vehicle.

There is a 3BB office in Big C Extra

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, johng said:

I suppose that installation on the first floor is a bit easier then the

20th floor ?   splicing the fiber cable requires very expensive equipment

3BB are already providing the modem/ONT for "free"  

3000 baht doesn't sound too expensive as a one off payment for a needed service..obviously "free" is better but sometimes you can't always get what you want.

Well I agree with you but you are not answering my questions. Shouldn't the installation be free up to some length? Even the lady on the call centre mentioned this. I am not on the 20th floor so that is completely irrelevant.

And second most important point was who should find the technician which can install the cable to my room. Should it be 3BB and is it 3BB technician or a subcontractor? If it is a subcontractor and there will be a problem with the internet they might blame the 3rd party technician.

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

3BB should organise it, arrange via Line, can find contact details on their website, no need to go anywhere or call anyone

Well that is my hope as well that it will be done via 3BB. But the lady on the call centre was not helpful so far. First she said that they will not find the technician for me and I just cannot have the internet even though it is available in the building. When I complained and I said I am willing to pay for the installation she said she will check and call me again.

6 minutes ago, Alldar said:

Shouldn't the installation be free up to some length? Even the lady on the call centre mentioned this. I am not on the 20th floor so that is completely irrelevant.

Yes installation up-to a "certain length"  is normally "free".

I'm sorry I'm not answering your questions as you would like them answered but this is Thailand  (T.I.T) there are many occasions where paying a bit of "extra" money  will magically yield results that where never before possible..

11 minutes ago, Alldar said:

And second most important point was who should find the technician which can install the cable to my room. Should it be 3BB and is it 3BB technician or a subcontractor?

Sorry  please don't take offense but  a clear case of "think too Mutt" ...just get the cable installed in the room and enjoy the high speed fiber optic internet..who cares who installed it  :w00t: 

12 minutes ago, johng said:

Sorry  please don't take offense but  a clear case of "think too Mutt" ...just get the cable installed in the room and enjoy the high speed fiber optic internet..who cares who installed it  :w00t: 

Also no offense but your reply is really not helpful. I was expecting an answer from someone who has experience with 3BB fiber optics installation. "Just get the cable installed" -> this is what I really want to do. Do you have the technician who will do it? Since 3BB call centre was not helpful so far. 

Edited by Alldar

Around B3000 is the price, It's what I paid, just your rental fee alone does not cover installation, they do a good job, you are lucky you can have fibre in your room

Follow-up service from 3BB I also find very good, any drop in speed, they are right on it,