Onward ticket provider (new to me)

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Based on reports over time...

"onwardticket.com" has proven to have zero issues. For few extra bucks might be money well spent. Other companies also success.

The posts re use of debit card issues, is not a problem with that company. 

Screenshot_20241024-150446.jpg

We know about Onward Ticket. This thread is in regard to an alternative. No one has suggested any issue using debit cards with them. TBH I have no idea why you created a post about it and then quoted me. 

Perhaps you misunderstood something or meant to refer to Onward Flights.

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Do not understand your post.

Forget the "fake" take on things.

Post facts. Was onward ticket from company you used successful or not?

Your post is scaremongering.

If you have not used this option personally than posting random review is meaningless 

Screenshot_20241024-220851.jpg

You are doing it again here. Onward Tickets is fine. This thread is with regard to Onward Flights.

You keep berating people for providing useful info.

20+ years ago when I still worked, the most holiday time I could take en bloc was 3 weeks, and I always had a return ticket within 21 days.

The Thai Embassies state;
Foreigners entering Thailand by any means under the Visa Exemption scheme are required at the port of entry to have proof of planned travel (confirmed air, train, bus, or boat tickets) to leave Thailand within 60 days of the arrival date. https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/page/exemp-visa

What is the purpose of having an onward ticket.
To show an intent not to overstay, or an alternative means to depart if refused entry?

19 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

20+ years ago when I still worked, the most holiday time I could take en bloc was 3 weeks, and I always had a return ticket within 21 days.

The Thai Embassies state;
Foreigners entering Thailand by any means under the Visa Exemption scheme are required at the port of entry to have proof of planned travel (confirmed air, train, bus, or boat tickets) to leave Thailand within 60 days of the arrival date. https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/page/exemp-visa

What is the purpose of having an onward ticket.
To show an intent not to overstay, or an alternative means to depart if refused entry?

The purpose of the onward ticket is simple. Whilst it can be certainly argued that immigration could ask to see a ticket outbound in whatever format (I havent been in now 171 entries) its primary purpose as regards the airline carrying you is it alleviates them of any potential fine (now up to $10.000) should any country refuse you being landed because you didnt have that onward ticket

In short its covering their backsides  and you cant blame them

3 minutes ago, Chivas said:

The purpose of the onward ticket is simple. Whilst it can be certainly argued that immigration could ask to see a ticket outbound in whatever format (I havent been in now 171 entries) its primary purpose as regards the airline carrying you is it alleviates them of any potential fine (now up to $10.000) should any country refuse you being landed because you didnt have that onward ticket

It's already been established though that these onward flight tickets are 'fake', not an actual booking.

What use is an onward flight, bus, train or boat ticket if you're refused entry anyway, unless the flight is genuine and booked from the same destination as the arrival.

Exactly how does it cover an airline backside, as they would still be responsible to return you to your point of departure.

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

It's already been established though that these onward flight tickets are 'fake', not an actual booking.

What use is an onward flight, bus, train or boat ticket if you're refused entry anyway, unless the flight is genuine and booked from the same destination as the arrival.

Exactly how does it cover an airline backside, as they would still be responsible to return you to your point of departure.

The tickets are "genuine" in that they appear in an airline reservation system for 48 hours after the 6 character airline code is generated

Did you read the point that I made in 171 entries I've never been asked to show any kind of ticket at immigration.... Yes it could though which is why on the last 3 flights inbound I've done (one ways) I've purchased that onward ticket mainly because its the airline that 99% of the time that could be difficult and highly unlikely (based on experience) immigration itself

If you read my Air India trip report in the travel section you'll see how close I was to having to produce it

Notwithstanding the fake bit go back and read the OP. The guy who supplied the information did have to make use of one of his and produced it at check in when flying to Japan.....the onward ticket was for the same airline. Ground handling did indeed check it and it as expected it was perfectly valid

Out of interest all 3 onwards tickets I had were generated via Singapore airlines

Coincidence or not I have no idea

51 minutes ago, Chivas said:

its primary purpose as regards the airline carrying you is it alleviates them of any potential fine (now up to $10.000) should any country refuse you being landed because you didnt have that onward ticket

This is correct.

Regardless if the ticket is a "rent a ticket" or throw away cheap flight, it covers the airline from fine. 

In any event the ticket even if real would most likely be useless as not allow for change of date/destination etc.