The Hill: What if Biden was the better candidate, all along?

riclag

“By most accounts, the election is still a horse race too close to call. But although Vice President Kamala Harris quickly assumed the presidential mantle from Joe Biden and put in place an impressive start-up, October has not been particularly kind to her. Donald Trump has closed the electoral gaps, and some believe he is actually leading.

Opinion pc.

I’m loving the Second guessing with two weeks out!

I believe this is true. I've criticized Trump, Harris, and Biden. But I also posted a message a few weeks ago in which I tried to assess Biden's performance (real) vs Trump's past performance. At the time, I felt Biden was the better choice for, among other reasons: repatriating American industry, building the world's strongest economy coming out of covid, his strong(er) dollar policies, and his effective anti-China stance. Trump fizzled on his border wall, promises of China tariffs, pushing what now is clearly a compromised covid vaccine. weak dollar policy, and he along with Biden bloating the deficit with bad covid spending rules that allowed fraud and mismanagement to plunder the system. If Biden was still running, I would have voted for him.

• Thanks 1

Removing Biden had to happen after all of that. He can lurk in the shadows these days but is unfit for public consumption in general. The dems in a drama queen moment of panic and hysteria did what comes naturally. Their greed got the best of them and they really really wanted that $100 million war chest. Obviously in hind site that was just a small amount not worth chasing.

They made a really bad short sighted decision to grab some money thats just what they do. The funny part is at some point money doesn't help because you can only buy so many commercials especially if you have to keep your agenda hidden.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Water under the bridge.

Media like the Hill has to write stuff like this to justify their existance.

Of course Biden who has been a great president should have kept his implied promise of being a transition to a new generation presidency and not even run for the nomination in the first place.

But that said, if people are being honest including democrats Harris is performing much better than people expected. We didn't know her before. We know a lot more now. There are pros and cons but compared to Trump, there is no contest for non-fascist Americans. 

7 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Removing Biden had to happen after all of that. He can lurk in the shadows these days but is unfit for public consumption in general. The dems in a drama queen moment of panic and hysteria did what comes naturally. Their greed got the best of them and they really really wanted that $100 million war chest. Obviously in hind site that was just a small amount not worth chasing.

They made a really bad short sighted decision to grab some money thats just what they do. The funny part is at some point money doesn't help because you can only buy so many commercials especially if you have to keep your agenda hidden.

Fairy Tales from the Obama crypt!

He and Biden helped install the unelected choice!One willingly the other unwilling according to reports!

“We can do it the easy way or the hard way”.

https://m.economictimes.com/news/international/us/what-was-the-final-warning-issued-by-nancy-pelosi-that-convinced-joe-biden-to-quit-the-presidential-race/articleshow/111967147.cms#goog_rewarded