LA Times does not endorse Kamala.

Cryingdick

37 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Stop lying.

It wasn't about the editorial board.

It was about the billionaire owner.

He and only he blocked this.

There is zero doubt the editorial board would have endorsed Harris otherwise.

Why did he block it?

Anyone's guess but I think it's obvious.

Trump has degenerated into a vindictive madman running around threatening to attack and shut down all kinds of media that opposes him. You know, what PUTIN did.

So this billionaire would want to avoid that if Trump wins.

Harris is going to win big in California regardless so why should this billionaire risk anything that might piss of the dotard that may soon be the American dictator?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13992949/Kamala-Harris-voter-hurls-abuse-woman-Trump-yard-sign.html#v-8749953816552818268

• Haha 1

Another thing about billionaires if Trump wins.

Trump is obviously planning to have an oligarch system like Putin.

But for that you've got at least fake support for dear leader.

Also I assume they all know each other so maybe the LA Times guy is a friend of Musk and Theil. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@NickyLouie Got to laugh !It reminds me of :

Billionaire’s on the right of me Joker's to the Left here I am( Soros,Bezos, Gates) stuck in the middle with you .

They are angels when they dish out money for the lefts cause’s

but Capitalist so & so when its for the other side .

Edited by riclag
  • Haha 1

Looking at those ballot propositions!

My state would be better off if they succeed from the Union and form its own or join Mexico !

The insanity of progressive spending!

• Haha 1

My daughter owns a lunch restaurant in Bakersfield with a staff of 12 people.

Hours including prep per day 6  x12 =
72 hrs x 18 , roughly $ 1300 per day not including Social Security that she must match and other taxes associated with employees and running a small business . As of right now she struggles to meet payroll, often times she must have catering events to supplement meeting her payroll ! 
Right now a burger and fries -$17.Thats goin up , she’ll have to raise the prices!

Proposition 32: Yes
Proposition 32 would give the state’s lowest-paid workers a modest raise, setting the minimum wage to $18 an hour in January, up from the scheduled $16.50 under current law. Businesses with 25 or fewer workers would have until 2026 to start paying $18 an hour. Earning a decent wage shouldn’t be a privilege afforded to people who happen to work in a city that has a higher local minimum wage, and raising base pay statewide is more equitable than a patchwork of rules for different regions and industries.

Edited by riclag
  • Haha 1

Los Angeles Times editor resigns after newspaper owner blocked plans to endorse Harris

Updated 11:12 PM EDT, Wed October 23, 2024

The leader of the Los Angeles Times’ editorial board said Wednesday she has resigned from her post in protest after the newspaper’s owner blocked a decision to endorse Kamala Harris in the presidential election.

“I am resigning because I want to make it clear that I am not okay with us being silent,” Mariel Garza told the Columbia Journalism Review in an interview. “In dangerous times, honest people need to stand up. This is how I’m standing up.”

Garza’s resignation comes after Patrick Soon-Shiong, the billionaire doctor who purchased the publication in 2018 for $500 million, told the Times’ editorial board not to endorse in the presidential race, she said. The newspaper has endorsed a candidate in every presidential election since it backed Barack Obama in 2008.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/10/23/media/los-angeles-times-endorsement-harris-resign/index.html

• Thanks 1

I understand the desperation of the left.  If I were a looney of the left I’d be desperate too.

This is what they have.

Will she ever answer direct questions?

• Like 1