Foreigner Wrecks Chiang Mai Stall After Smoking Ban Warning

webfact

I think the bloke is a tool, in a strange land, smoking amongst people at food venues which actually had a no smoking sign.  🥴

Anyone with half a brain knows near worldwide smoking in public is a no-no.

When I was a smoker, many moons back, I was once told to move away from outside a shop, I smiled and walked away. 😇

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Just like the crackdowns on wearing helmets, inspections of bars and the result is no hookers found in Pattaya, just like the crackdowns on crossing the road etc... 

... As soon as there is a spare open space left for a few weeks or more, a few stalls start up and before we know it there is a 'pop-up market'... 

No, that market has been there for 20 odd years and all the other illegal markets that got closed down didn't return

Life experience has taught me not to believe anything a woman says.

The video shows two obnoxious street vendors acting like deranged embeciles. 

The police should sentence the two to a week at a feminine beauty school where they could learn to dress and act feminine.  Maybe learn to comb their hair or apply makeup.

10 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Your comment is laughable. People saw, and you can also see that he smacks on the table in an aggressive manner, before shouting and walking out. You really think Thai people working selling in market stands attack people without a reason? You must be new here.

Not really, both parties behaviour are poor - as I said your account us not balanced.

As for newcomer?  I see you are having a Pi $$ing competition on who has lived here longest - now that is laughable...  Your a funny Guy & Thai Expert pmsl

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I also agree with this - people who behave antisocially in public are better out out of the way. 

But, the video show's him very angry - Did he go from Zero to 100 degrees boiling hot for simply being asked very politely to extinguish his cigaretted - I doubt it, I'm guessing the tone and lauguage used against him triggered his anger (snowflake indeed), nevertheless, it is my suspicion that the situation was handled very poorly by all concerned...   

This was not a one sided conflict.

Sure, you have a point. However, when there is a sign, and you still lit up a cigarette that stupid. Ok, let´s say he didn´t notice the sign. Still very stupid to lit up a cigarette among people in the middle of a marketplace where they also are making, cooking and selling food. I was once a smoker. Quit about 7 years ago. All the time since I stared smoke at the age of 16, I have always shown respect for people around me, and never been smoking in crowds of unknown people or walking outside on the streets. Never thrown a butt in a place not designated for it or some times in a waste bin. If I would have been doing like this guy, then I would have seen myself wrong disregarding if people told me nice, hard, arrogant or aggressive. There simply is not any excuse for this mans behavior. They totally had the right to tell him to stop in any way the saw fit.

58 minutes ago, Lokie said:

As for newcomer?  I see you are having a Pi $$ing competition on who has lived here longest - now that is laughable...  Your a funny Guy & Thai Expert pmsl

Was that your answer, Sir?

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

That argument is a clutch at straws - cooking is with an open flame....    Smoking poses no 'fire' risk in this situation whatsoever, attempting to use the 'smoking' argument from a safety aspect deflects from the real issue here... 

1) Pillock Smoking and getting angry when told he can't.

2) Inflammatory over reaction from the two Thai women escalating the situation.

Why maybe a little bit extreme when it comes to this issue, but I don't think smoking should be allowed within 10 meters of food, it is truly one of the most disgusting habits a human can engage in, and second hand smoke is just beyond obnoxious.