Addiction

Badrabbit

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Have you had your appendix removed?

Have you had a CAT scan?

Has anyone diagnosed Crohn's disease?

Bear in mind the pain you have now is withdrawal, which simply has to be endured.

Make sure you keep hydrated. Drink lots of water.

No to your questions.

I can not endure the withdrawal symptoms  I will reduce the amount I take slowly.

Yes to drinking lots of water.

19 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

(You feel stupidity sometimes hurts.)

Well, take other painkillers alternatively. As Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Orphenadrine or combinations of those.

Do not listen to this, as it will totally mess up you stomach. Just contact a doctor specialized in drug addiction and painkillers. You should not do like advised above and self-medicate.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

No to your questions.

I can not endure the withdrawal symptoms  I will reduce the amount I take slowly.

Yes to drinking lots of water.

Good luck. Water helps alleviate some of the physical discomforts of withdrawal. Stay hydrated.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Do not listen to this, as it will totally mess up you stomach. Just contact a doctor specialized in drug addiction and painkillers. You should not do like advised above and self-medicate.

As said I'm going to reduce and hope in time I can be free of the addiction.

I feel fine taking the tablets obviously its not ideal but as long as I don't have to go through the terrible pain of withdrawal I will continue to take the tramadol.

• Sad 1

On 10/25/2024 at 10:37 PM, Badrabbit said:

Am I experiencing withdrawal, it's awful.

Gee, that's terrible!

Maybe you can tell that to the person who forced you to take those addictive opioids.

Oh wait.

That's you.

Nevermind.

Have you tried fentanyl yet?

I have.

It's boring.  Just puts you to sleep.

You might like it. 😘

1 hour ago, Badrabbit said:

As said I'm going to reduce and hope in time I can be free of the addiction.

I feel fine taking the tablets obviously its not ideal but as long as I don't have to go through the terrible pain of withdrawal I will continue to take the tramadol.

Ok Sure! It´s all up to you, as it´s your life and your body. As you are not prepared to go through the withdrawal, you will most likely not get rid of your addiction, as that is a part of the process. Of course, you feel fine taking the pills, as that is also a part of the addiction. I think you are just fooling yourself here, which might end up in that you cutting a few year of your life expectance.

Edited by Gottfrid

17 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I recently tried "Arcoxia" (etoricoxib) for severe back pain (reamended by my pharmacist) and it was amazing. 

His problem is not pain of that type. It is withdrawal pains. 

Very gradual tapering helps.

There   are also some medications used specifically for withdrawal symptoms  but these need to be individualized and are  really not something that can be safely and effectively self prescribed. There are doctors who specialize in precisely this. 

While pain is OP's main complaint withdrawal  also often depletes serotonin levels leading to a general dysphoria that further reduces what (in addictive personalities) is often an inability/unwillingness to tolerate even temporary discomfort. 

Proper medical management can substantially reduce pain and discomfort from withdrawal as well as provide encouragement and moral support.  However it cannot be rendered completely easy and confortable so motivation/ determination  is important. Unfortunately these are often weak.  A desire for immediate gratification/relief are often  features of an addiction-prone personality and part of why it us so difficult to get off drugs and so common to relapse. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

there are fictors who doecialuze jn precisely this. 

an adfmdiction-prone personality

Just to translate, that's "doctors who specialize in precisely this" and "an addiction prone personality".

You can use Kratom powder or Kratom leaf to offset the withdrawals symptom.  Realize you'll eventually have to withdraw from Kratom, but it's an easier step down.  By the way, this is exactly why Kratom was historically outlawed.  From a historical perspective, it cut into the opium trade.  It's an effective way to taper off of opioids, but was made illegal as those who made money off of the opium trade of old wanted addicts.

You need to taper off of the Tramadol.  Kratom will make the step-down easier.  If you don't have the will power to taper, then get professional help.

13 minutes ago, connda said:

You can use Kratom powder or Kratom leaf to offset the withdrawals symptom.  Realize you'll eventually have to withdraw from Kratom, but it's an easier step down.  By the way, this is exactly why Kratom was historically outlawed.  From a historical perspective, it cut into the opium trade.  It's an effective way to taper off of opioids, but was made illegal as those who made money off of the opium trade of old wanted addicts.

You need to taper off of the Tramadol.  Kratom will make the step-down easier.  If you don't have the will power to taper, then get professional help.

I am reducing the amount I take, was 4 now down to 3 over 24hrs.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

I'm going to decrease the amount I am taking, I have been taking 4 50mg tablets 1 every 6 hours( 24 hrs) for over 3 years(I can't believe how stupid I have been) I will now go down to 3 50mg over a 24 hr period.

I can't afford to get professional help so I have to do this on my own.

I can't tell you how scared I am, the withdrawal pain is something I can not cope with.

If it comes to it I will just continue taking them.

Thanks for all the helpful comments apart from one that said " just stop" I wish it was that easy.

This all started about 4 years ago, all of a sudden I got pain in my Abdomin, it was so bad I honestly thought my life was over, since then I have been on the tablets because I was scared the pain would return, many many tests showed nothing.

"ULTRACET" tablets are 37.5mg tramadol with added acetaminophen.  They might be be easier to taper-off with.  Available OTC at most pharmacys.

4 minutes ago, dddave said:

"ULTRACET" tablets are 37.5mg tramadol with added acetaminophen.  They might be be easier to taper-off with.  Available OTC at most pharmacys.

Yes I was thinking about Ultracet.