Fourth-Year Student Arrested with B354M Crystal Meth, Claims Father Left Drugs

webfact

image.jpeg

UDON THANI - A 21-year-old female university student in Udon Thani, Thailand, was arrested after police seized 354 kg of crystal methamphetamine, valued at B354 million, found in her car.

The fourth-year student, referred to as "Tong" (alias), broke down in tears, questioning, “Why would my father do this to me?” as she claimed her father had left the drugs with her and had since become unreachable.

Authorities from the Udon Thani Border Patrol Police Station acted on a tip-off, surveilling a hotel in the city where they suspected a drug handoff was scheduled. At 6:30 p.m., they observed Tong arriving at the hotel in a white Honda City and subsequently searched her vehicle.

Inside, they discovered 12 sacks filled with tea-branded bags containing crystal meth.

Tong alleged that her father, a Laotian national, had asked her to store the bags without disclosing their contents. She stated that she was unaware the bags contained illegal drugs, explaining that her father would occasionally send her money but rarely communicated. “He just asked me to keep the items, saying someone else would collect them,” she said.

Tong also revealed that her parents separated when she was young, and she was raised by her grandparents. She added that she’d previously helped her father by driving items for him but was unaware of any illegal dealings.

The police have detained Tong for further investigation into the larger drug trafficking network involved, reported Sanook.

Picture courtesy: Sanook

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-10-26

news-footer-2.png

image.png

• Like 1