"Do you personally believe White people smell like wet dog sometimes?"

GammaGlobulin

Pretty sure Indians and Pakistanis smell far worse due to strong cooking spices.

I was in Tops the other day and the entire shop stunk due to one old lady

This said I know many English people that reek of dog as the dog sleeps on their bed.

10 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Pretty sure Indians and Pakistanis smell far worse due to strong cooking spices.

I was in Tops the other day and the entire shop stunk due to one old lady

This said I know many English people that reek of dog as the dog sleeps on their bed.

All Tops outlets are quite spacious, 500 sqm or more. If one old Indian lady stank up such a large space by eating spices, they should be banned....or are you exaggerating?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, saakura said:

All Tops outlets are quite spacious, 500 sqm or more. If one old Indian lady stank up such a large space by eating spices, they should be banned....or are you exaggerating?

I must smell verry bad then I love Vindaloo 

I am wondering how the OP knows he does not smell. The olfactory organ{s} go on strike with any persistent odor. It's why hydrogen sulphide can be lethal.

I have traveled on the Shinkazen, San Francisco BART, Tokyo network, Philadelphia NY Amtrak, Hong Kong, and London Tube. There's a clear winner as to which the smelliest is.

Hint - the inhabitants speak English, and live on an island.

16 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

And I refuse to take off my shoes when entering a Thai house because my socks think worse than my BO.

You got to be joking....

That is equivalent of going in a Euro dwelling and doing a dump on their carpet then using a hand towel to wipe your arse.

• Haha 2

I perform a lot of physical labor around our place, and am often repairing equipment or vehicles. I always make sure I am presentable when I go on errands to buy parts or supplies. Back home nobody cares all that much, people just think to themselves, "looks like he's been working on something", but people here take care in their appearance. One day I ran to buy fuel without cleaning up and changing clothes, and three Thai school girls were just parking their motorbike at the pumps. When the driver saw me she wrinkled her nose and said in Thai, "he's so dirty!"

As far as smelling like something goes, I have never heard of the locals saying foreigners smell like wet dogs, I have heard it said that they smell like butter...and that certainly wasn't meant as a compliment. In their own language and customs calling someone a dog, or dog face is extremely offensive.

On 10/26/2024 at 11:57 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

I have known soi dogs to attack white people, just based on smell....alone.

How did you know? Did the dogs tell you that?

• Like 2

I have found that African Americans (black people) smell really bad. Worse than any white person. They do not seem to understand the concept of deodorant or a type of antiperspirant.. They sweat profusely and easily and hence smell worse than wet dogs. But most White people are clean and use soaps that take away the body smell or use deodorants. 

Dear Folks,

IF you do not come from America, you might not know about this.

IN FACT, this is true.

In America, there seems to be a rumor going round that White People smell like wet dog.

Personally, I do not smell.

Yet, some do.

And then, have you ever wondered?

What might Thai people think, ....really?

Do white people smell FUNKY to the average Thai person?

I think it might depend upon one's diet.

This is why I always eat Thai food.

So then, what do you think?

Does your wife tell you that you smell different, based on reports of her Thai friends who come to visit?

This is a REAL THING in America...if you have ever been to the USA.

image.png.f7ee032344c6b7b78152b7db2f33509b.png

As for me, I live alone, mostly.

Therefore, no need to worry what I might smell like.

However, if you frequently associate with Thai people...then...

Maybe you should give this Topic a bit of thought....

Best regards,

Gamma

Right in there with night time farts.

My boyfriend Ernie was suffering fron silent gas emissions. I sent him to the doctor. He said "Doc, you gotta help me I'm suffering from silent gas emmisions. Last night at the bar I had ten silent gas emmisions, this mornig at breakfast I had two silent gas emmisions and sitting here in this office I had five silent gas emmisons. What the hell am I going to do?" …
"Well first were going to check your hearing" - Bette Midler

• Sad 2

Dear Folks,

IF you do not come from America, you might not know about this.

IN FACT, this is true.

In America, there seems to be a rumor going round that White People smell like wet dog.

Personally, I do not smell.

Yet, some do.

And then, have you ever wondered?

What might Thai people think, ....really?

Do white people smell FUNKY to the average Thai person?

I think it might depend upon one's diet.

This is why I always eat Thai food.

So then, what do you think?

Does your wife tell you that you smell different, based on reports of her Thai friends who come to visit?

This is a REAL THING in America...if you have ever been to the USA.

image.png.f7ee032344c6b7b78152b7db2f33509b.png

As for me, I live alone, mostly.

Therefore, no need to worry what I might smell like.

However, if you frequently associate with Thai people...then...

Maybe you should give this Topic a bit of thought....

Best regards,

Gamma

I realized this "phenomenon" with black people. But sure, some white trash is stinking even after boozing all night/day long.

seems to be a rumor

Most stories start with "Once upon a time."

This "rumor" has no excitement, but okay as a starting point for an innocuous cartoon comedy Simpsons or South Park.

2 hours ago, jippytum said:

I stopped reading this post when the poster advocated eating Thai food to prevent you being attacked by soi dogs. 

Whatever next. 

It's true.

There are many good reasons to eat, exclusively, Thai food when in Thailand.

The fact that this protects from Soi Dog attack is just an added benefit.

(It works sort of like the mythical Garlic and Werewolves...except...it really works with Soi Dogs.)

13 hours ago, saakura said:

Right.

And I, for one, think that TOPS is about the best in Thailand for what I need to buy in the way of edibles.

However, I try to shop ONLY in the Tops location where I know the manager.  He is one of the best managers in Thailand.

3 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

You smell don't you 

Why don't you start using deodorant 

Strange comment. Apparently you know me better than I know myself. Remind me when and where we met.

4 hours ago, loong said:

How did you know? Did the dogs tell you that?

I think the OP has a valid point.

I walk my dog along the streets every day and when we pass farang, she'll stop and sniff the air behind them. I am not saying they smell bad in anyway, just different.

1 hour ago, petedk said:

I think the OP has a valid point.

I walk my dog along the streets every day and when we pass farang, she'll stop and sniff the air behind them. I am not saying they smell bad in anyway, just different.

Did your dog attack the white person?

The OP said "I have known soi dogs to attack white people, just based on smell....alone."

Who knows why some soi dogs attack. They might just think that we are a funny colour.