Swiss Woman Killed in Attack by Algerian shouting "Allahu Akbar"

Social Media

image.png

A knife-wielding attacker reportedly shouting "Allahu Akbar" and "Long live Palestine" fatally wounded a Swiss tourist in a brutal attack in Algeria, leaving her three children and a friend devastated. The incident occurred on October 11 at the Scanner café terrace in Djanet, a popular tourist destination in southern Algeria. The woman, whose identity remains undisclosed, was attacked while seated with her family and a friend in the bustling city center of Djanet.

The assailant, described as a young man from northern Algeria, approached and slit the woman’s throat. She was rushed to the hospital but succumbed to her injuries after losing significant blood, according to reports from Swiss broadcaster RTS. Although the exact motive remains unknown, witnesses stated that the attacker shouted "Allahu Akbar," which means "God is greatest," as well as “Long live Palestine” during the assault.

Following the attack, the man quickly fled the scene. In response, Algerian authorities launched a sweeping manhunt, enlisting helicopters and distributing the attacker’s photo to the public. After an intense search, he was apprehended several days later. According to RTS, the man had previously attempted to assault another group of tourists at a local market on the same day but was repelled before he could cause any harm. Locals reported that he had been living in Djanet for six months and was dressed in the style of a "Tuareg," a nomadic ethnic group native to the Sahara.

The incident was initially reported by Swiss media but did not gain widespread coverage until it was reported by French newspaper *Libération*. Switzerland's foreign ministry has since confirmed the tragic event, noting it is aware of “the violent death of a Swiss citizen on October 11 in southeastern Algeria.” Authorities also clarified that they have assisted the victim's children and her friend, arranging for their safe return to Switzerland. However, they refrained from disclosing additional details out of respect for the family’s privacy.

Algerian authorities have chosen to stay silent on the matter, even advising locals to avoid posting or sharing information about the attack on social media. Reports suggest that this incident has dealt a heavy blow to Algeria’s ongoing efforts to boost tourism, particularly in the Sahara region. Djanet, known for its striking landscapes and cultural heritage, has recently been at the center of the government's promotional campaigns aimed at positioning Algeria as a tourist-friendly destination. Just last year, the country welcomed 2.5 million visitors—the highest figure in two decades—signaling progress for the tourism sector. Algeria’s push for increased tourism comes as the government actively works with ANEP, its media and advertisement agency, to promote the Sahara region as a safe, attractive destination.

Despite Algeria’s push for tourism, the country’s past struggles with violence loom large. In the 1990s, Algeria experienced a bloody civil war following the electoral success of the Islamic Salvation Front (FIS), a group advocating for an Islamic state.

Tensions escalated as the FIS clashed with government forces, igniting a conflict that left tens of thousands dead, with Islamist groups bearing much of the responsibility for the casualties. Although Algeria has made strides in stabilizing and reviving its tourism sector, incidents like the recent tragedy in Djanet reveal the challenges that persist as the nation attempts to reshape its image on the global stage.

Based on a report from the Daily Mail 2024-10-28

news-logo-btm.jpg

news-footer-4.png

image.png

• Sad 3

1 minute ago, RichardColeman said:

Biggest load of tosh I have ever read. 

Feel free to read the attached d list and re-address your insane comment !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Islamist_terrorist_attacks

According to Fondapol, a French think tank, between 1979 and May 2021, at least 48,035 Islamist terrorist attacks took place worldwide, causing the deaths of at least 210,138 people. - yeah just one bad apple !

yeeha,

But we are not allowed to quote facts or point these things out, because if we do, we are racists!

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, black tabby12345 said:

Senseless killing of the one from Permanent Neutral Nation.

One idiot/lunatic,  giving a bad name to the whole Muslims.

Don't you mean "one of the MANY" giving Muslims a bad name?

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

It would be interesting how many died in attacks by non-Muslims in that time?

(Already more than 100.000 the last months by Israel and more even by Putin) Add Iraqis and others attacked by US. Only some examples.

You mean, how many non-Muslims men were shouting Allah Akbar attacking women with a knife... :coffee1:

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

According to Fondapol, a French think tank, between 1979 and May 2021, at least 48,035 Islamist terrorist attacks took place worldwide, causing the deaths of at least 210,138 people. - yeah just one bad apple !

Not many is it. Over 4 decades.

The Christians in Russia have doe more than that in the last 3 years.

The Jews in the last year have done about 45,000

The American Christians and their allies have killed millions since the seventies, in Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq etc.

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

You are certainly quoting pretty disturbing figures.

I don’t stand for any particular side.

But I also noticed something  quite shocking.

One president from the Free World killed 280,771-315,190 Iraqi civilians since 911 out of own greed; in the unprovoked  invasion for Oil.

As well as the US and allies servicemen; 7057 from the direct conflict.

30177 of US soldiers and veterans suicide deaths after their return(mostly by 

PTSD due to their wartime experience).

Iraqi Civilians | Costs of War

US & Allied Killed | Costs of War

Civilians Killed & Wounded | Costs of War

Islamic fundamentalists & the West.

Both look evenly brutal.

Edited by black tabby12345

2 minutes ago, HK MacPhooey said:

And not necessarily an Islamist as Muslims consider there is only one Islam otherwise one is considered to be Kafir 

I don't care what Islamists or Muslims describe me as.

I find their intolerant, violent religion simply vile.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

yeeha,

But we are not allowed to quote facts or point these things out, because if we do, we are racists!

I don't care how they think, how different they are and think, just one thing ... Stay away from my country, go back and live what your religion tells you, no problem as long as you're far away. The Swiss family went into their domain, yes that's something you should think twice. European immigration laws are going to change in more and more countries, it is too late yes, but at least something will change in the right direction.

29 minutes ago, black tabby12345 said:

You are certainly quoting pretty disturbing figures.

I don’t stand for any particular side.

But I also noticed something  quite shocking.

One president from the Free World killed 280,771-315,190 Iraqi civilians since 911 out of own greed; in the unprovoked  invasion for Oil.

As well as the US and allies servicemen; 7057 from the direct conflict.

30177 of US soldiers and veterans suicide deaths after their return(mostly by 

PTSD due to their wartime experience).

Iraqi Civilians | Costs of War

US & Allied Killed | Costs of War

Civilians Killed & Wounded | Costs of War

Islamic fundamentalists & the West.

Both look evenly brutal.

An inconvenient truth for the bigots.