Would China be more likely to invade Taiwan under a Trump 47 Presidency?

Just a few years ago we always heard from the GOP that Democrats “embolden” bad actors (terrorists and tyrants) and endanger the US its allies and interests thru their supposed weakness  

Now under MAGA the Republicans have fully transitioned to assume the mantle as USA’s only Pacifist party. The Democrats are the warmongers. Under Trump international entanglements, NATO, and in fact the entire  War II world order are to be rejected. America First. 

President Xi has maneuvered himself to be President for life. Has has vowed to not leave the Final Reunification of China to the next generation. 

Why would Trump sacrifice the American lives to protect 24 million ingrates who have been “ripping off” the US for years and stealing our technology? 

Discuss 

• Thanks 1

I would be happy to see China invade Taiwan.

Taiwan would benefit from an invasion.

The infrastructure in Taiwan is not up to snuff.  China could improve Taiwan a great deal.

Also, MOST IMPORTANTLY....

The FOOD.

An invasion of Taiwan could return Great Chinese Cuisine, particularly SiChuan Food, back to Taiwan.

The ChiangKaiShek army, when fleeing to Taiwan, had a huge group of wonderful SiChuan chefs traveling with the army.

I recall the great food I once enjoyed in Taipei, cooked by these Old Soldiers.

Now they are dead.

We need NEW Chinese Soldier-Chefs in Taipei, if for no other reason than making the food in Taipei edible, once again.

• Sad 2

Just now, scottiejohn said:

But NOT to the Taiwanese!

Yet another drivel post by you!

I believe that China would be less likely to invade Taiwan, anytime soon, with Trump as the leader of the Free World.

However, if China did invade Taiwan, many people on Taiwan would be quite happy.

Yes. 100 percent.

Because Trump wants to pressure Ukraine to surrender to Putin getting nothing in return.

Xi will see that and figure that's the precedent.

Do the dirty, maybe deal with some sanctions for a few years, then the weakened west now who has the most important leader a fellow anti democracy dictator, and then win it all.

Maga fascists are looking super short term. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

What goes largely unnoticed about Taiwan is the role of the KMT. The KMT wants a Hong Kong-style agreement with the PRC. And the KMT are just a whisker away from gaining power. This would mean a peaceful absorption of Taiwan into the PRC. For that reason, I now do not want to see American weapons sold to Taiwan. There is a good chance they would end up as part of the PRC's arsenal.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

if China did invade Taiwan, many people on Taiwan would be quite happy.

And many, many more, would be very unhappy, especially if the conflict spread to other countries in the region!

Get back to your KFC and leave countries alone!

41 minutes ago, John Drake said:

What goes largely unnoticed about Taiwan is the role of the KMT. The KMT wants a Hong Kong-style agreement with the PRC. And the KMT are just a whisker away from gaining power. This would mean a peaceful absorption of Taiwan into the PRC. For that reason, I now do not want to see American weapons sold to Taiwan. There is a good chance they would end up as part of the PRC's arsenal.

I sort of agree with you.

However, from the perspective of continued stability in the SouthChinaSea area, I would like to see Taiwan remain out of the hands of the PRC.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

And many, many more, would be very unhappy, especially if the conflict spread to other countries in the region!

Get back to your KFC and leave countries alone!

OK.

But, I would rather have SiChuan food....

And, the HOTTER the better, too.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

The infrastructure in Taiwan is not up to snuff.  China could improve Taiwan a great deal.

The FOOD.

An invasion of Taiwan could return Great Chinese Cuisine, particularly SiChuan Food, back to Taiwan.

The ChiangKaiShek army, when fleeing to Taiwan, had a huge group of wonderful SiChuan chefs traveling with the army.

Now they are dead.

We need NEW Chinese Soldier-Chefs in Taipei, if for no other reason than making the food in Taipei edible, once again.

Morbid, moronic and mythical in the same post. I will call you 3M.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

The FOOD.

Now they are dead.

You are sick 

5 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

If you are correct, (that I am sick), then....

Let's just chalk it up to my 35 years imprisoned on that heartbreak island of Formosa.

HAHa  you even made  that up as you heard many times before link? 

Edited by still kicking

4 minutes ago, still kicking said:

HAHa  you even made  that up as you heard many times before link? 

Sorry.

But this is actually your first one-line comment that I am not able to easily understand.

I do not understand: heard many times before link.

The rest of it, I understand, though.