The Lower League Thread

mrbojangles

A big game in div 1 this week Brentford v Doncaster ,if Doncaster avoid defeat they are promoted to the Championship

Well done Doncaster Rovers a thrilling 15th away victory of the season with an injury time winner to take them back into the Championship as Champions of Division 1 after one season .

stuttering end for the reds this season...king billy needs to work a few more miracles to get us in the playoffs this season I think.....doesn't help that none of our strikers have scored since December....not good enough Coxy, Blackstock Sharpy....get your fingers out these last two games !!!

Squeaky Bum Time?

Edited by PREM-R

I was at Gayfield today for the playoff decider against Alloa.

Proper game of two halves due to the blustery wind.

Poor game....the ref disallowed a perfectly good second half goal for us....and a defensive error cost us a late goal against the run of play.

A late free kick was sent flying over the bar and we retired gladly to the warmth of the Tutties Neuk for a pint.

Not sure if the other sides lost or not...will check later.

Mind...the steak pie was superb...9/10. :)

post-78923-13676888902734_thumb.jpg

post-78923-13676889286884_thumb.jpg

post-78923-13676889637439_thumb.jpg

Edited by smokie36

stuttering end for the reds this season...king billy needs to work a few more miracles to get us in the playoffs this season I think.....doesn't help that none of our strikers have scored since December....not good enough Coxy, Blackstock Sharpy....get your fingers out these last two games !!!

Squeaky Bum Time?

So close and yet............

A big game in div 1 this week Brentford v Doncaster ,if Doncaster avoid defeat they are promoted to the Championship

Well done Doncaster Rovers a thrilling 15th away victory of the season with an injury time winner to take them back into the Championship as Champions of Division 1 after one season .

A belated well done to Donny, congratulations to the mighty millers on promotion to league 1, smile.pngclap2.gif

good news on Barnsley and the wendies avoiding the drop and hopefully the blunts will find a new edge and sharpen themselves up for the playoffs.

south yorkshire la la la....

au contraire, the game I was at, me and the other 11,000 odd definately heard smokey smile.png

Congratulations mate! smile.png

You know we had the wind advantage second half....their keeper was taking goal kicks and the ball was swirling back on to the eighteen yard line.

It picked up even stronger towards the end which worked against us as almost impossible to control the ball or make accurate passes.

Oh well.....next year....!

Edit: 901 at the game....which is a good crowd for Arbroath. wink.png

Edited by smokie36

you know the wind blowing is not so much of an advantage, its the fans behind the goal sucking it in that does the trick whistling.gif

hope you dont have to wait as long as the millers, its been 12 years or so since the last time we had something to cheer about.

best of luck for next year. smile.png

would it be fair to say im not hearing violins smokie wink.png

There's no mindless violins on the terraces of Scottish football.

SC

EDIT: Added 'mindless' for clarity, and to link to the Link

Edited by StreetCowboy
  • Like 1

This from doncaster's popular stand http://popularstand.wordpress.com/

And you must listen to this commentary from doncaster broadcaster he kept so calm then lost itlaugh.png

http://audioboo.fm/boos/1358258-brentford-vs-doncaster-rovers-final-minutes

This from doncaster's popular stand http://popularstand.wordpress.com/

And you must listen to this commentary from doncaster broadcaster he kept so calm then lost itlaugh.png

http://audioboo.fm/boos/1358258-brentford-vs-doncaster-rovers-final-minutes

Glen Wilson was the perfect commentator until the penalty was missed then he turned into a fan fantastic link.

Would just like to say how happy I am that Sheffield United will be staying in League 1 for another season and have nothing to show for the money they leached off us over the Teve saga.

• Like 1

Would just like to say how happy I am that Sheffield United will be staying in League 1 for another season and have nothing to show for the money they leached off us over the Teve saga.

whoa spam alert

leached.....money paid after been found to have played an elible player yeah right

whoa spam alert

leached.....money paid after been found to have played an elible player yeah right

Didn't happen.

Amazing moment.... I was out of the seat & running around the garden, Luckily the neighbours were out!!!

Amazing moment.... I was out of the seat & running around the garden, Luckily the neighbours were out!!!

A proper team Leckyman! Congrats

>Amazing moment.... I was out of the seat & running around the garden, Luckily the neighbours were out!!!

A proper team Leckyman! Congrats

I heard a certain Luton fan kicked in the screen on his TV.....whistling.giftongue.png

• 2 weeks later...

Well done to Palace - so that's where Kevin Phillips fetched up!

Speaking as a former adoptee of Sarf London, the cheap side of the river needs a top flight team (yeah - I know - ever since Arsenal left!*).

Holloway reckons they might spend the 120 million quid benefit for getting into the Premier League (is it really that much these days?) on building a bigger ground. Try staying up more than 40 weeks first mate.

*Yes I do know that Charlton is a South London team. Just heading off another dig by Spuds.

Well done to Palace - so that's where Kevin Phillips fetched up!

Speaking as a former adoptee of Sarf London, the cheap side of the river needs a top flight team (yeah - I know - ever since Arsenal left!*).

Holloway reckons they might spend the 120 million quid benefit for getting into the Premier League (is it really that much these days?) on building a bigger ground. Try staying up more than 40 weeks first mate.

*Yes I do know that Charlton is a South London team. Just heading off another dig by Spuds.

You're old enough to have watched them in Woolwich! giggle.gif

Edit: Yes well done to Palace. Shame for Watford.....both good local family orientated clubs.

Edited by smokie36

Bladdy cheek. Had to look it up - 100 years ago - last played at the Manor Ground, Plumstead on 26-April-1913. I remember it like it was yesterdaycheesy.gif .

Historical factoid: When the second stand was built at the Manor Ground it was nick-named the Spion Kop - long before Anfield and one or two others adopted that moniker.

Personal factoid: the only time I've watched Palace live in the top flight was also the only time I've watched Spurs live in any division. 28th March 98 Palace 1-3 Spurs (I was living in Bromley at the time). I remember Klinsman looked pretty awesome and scored and it contributed to Palace's relegation. That was in Palace's yo-yo years.

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 1

Bladdy cheek. Had to look it up - 100 years ago - last played at the Manor Ground, Plumstead on 26-April-1913. I remember it like it was yesterdaycheesy.gif .

Historical factoid: When the second stand was built at the Manor Ground it was nick-named the Spion Kop - long before Anfield and one or two others adopted that moniker.

Personal factoid: the only time I've watched Palace live in the top flight was also the only time I've watched Spurs live in any division. 28th March 98 Palace 1-3 Spurs (I was living in Bromley at the time). I remember Klinsman looked pretty awesome and scored and it contributed to Palace's relegation. That was in Palace's yo-yo years.

I was at that game too Santi....a short hop from Tooting in those days. biggrin.png

• 3 weeks later...

I was at that game too Santi....a short hop from Tooting in those days. biggrin.png

me to !!!!