The Lower League Thread

mrbojangles

Congratulations to Huddersfield and all their supporters. As a Southampton supporter i know that last season you pushed us all the way for promotion to the championship and missed out in the play offs. Justice has been done. Sorry for all the Blades supporters but maybe your turn next year.

I speak for the majority of Sheffield when I say it,s heartbreaking and yes we all feel for Sheffield United and especially the fans who will be in a very sad way, unconsolable and very disappointed to say the least.

I cannot explain it but I genuinely feel gutted, just as I do when we loose these important games,.

Coming from a saddened Owl from the other Sheffield Side speaks loud and clear on the feelings we have at this time and it will be awhile before it eases, that,s for sure.

Bring on next season and let us see you win the league this time, never mind second or third.

It will be a long couple of months until you can get back to looking forward as supporters and the 2013-2014 season that,s for sure.

marshbagssorry.gif for you all at this time and sad.png

Edited by marshbags

Thanks for your kind words guys.

All I can say is that I'm completely gutted, what a season its been, so full of promise but ended in despair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!sad.pngsad.png

sorry to see that sheff utd didnt make it this time, they dont seem to ever have much joy in play off finals. sad.png

On the match, it was poor from a neutrals point of view, a much better game was served up by crewe and cheltenham the following day.

It was the pivital point in the season, Ched was THE man one week and a convicted rapist serving 5 years the next week.

From a Sheff Utd supporters perspective, it was a disaster. He was bought about 3 years ago from Man City for record money ( for Sheff UTD anyway) and was always looking like a mistake of a player to carry. He hardly ever scored any goals and was seen as a kind of white elephant affair. Anyway. he certainly came on top form in the last two thirds of the season transformed into a prolific goal scorer, it was terrific, until......

The other two goal scorers were having a go but no where near Cheds level.

He has now been released from the club, as expected......what a way to destroy a career.

United gave it a go and put on a brave face but the damage had been done, it rattled everyone, confidence wained and results proved it. It wasn't the same after that and if this wasn't bad enough.....Sheff Wed took the automatic promotion place and final kick in the teeth was the 22 (I think ) penalty shoot out.

Being a Blade supporter this kind of charade happens all too often,, let me see.......

Premiership relegation on goal diifference and the guy who scored the penalty for Wigan to send us down was David Unsworth, who Warnock released earlier the same season as he "wasn't good enough".

Tevez....say no more.

Bryan Robson in and out as manager spending daft amounts of money......embarrasing.

Relegation from the championship by having 4 different managers within the season.....ridiculous.

This season, pipped by Wednesday and to finsh it off with a trip wembley where we have now failed to score a goal in 4 visits.

The list goes on but it becomes more depressing as I recall more .....so I,m going to stop the rant here.

If you like wayward events, perpetual disappointment and crying in public, then Sheff Utd is the club for you sad.png

It was the pivital point in the season, Ched was THE man one week and a convicted rapist serving 5 years the next week.

From a Sheff Utd supporters perspective, it was a disaster. He was bought about 3 years ago from Man City for record money ( for Sheff UTD anyway) and was always looking like a mistake of a player to carry. He hardly ever scored any goals and was seen as a kind of white elephant affair. Anyway. he certainly came on top form in the last two thirds of the season transformed into a prolific goal scorer, it was terrific, until......

He has now been released from the club, as expected......what a way to destroy a career.

United gave it a go and put on a brave face but the damage had been done, it rattled everyone, confidence wained and results proved it. It wasn't the same after that and if this wasn't bad enough.....Sheff Wed took the automatic promotion place and final kick in the teeth was the 22 (I think ) penalty shoot out.

Being a Blade supporter this kind of charade happens all too often,, let me see.......

Premiership relegation on goal diifference and the guy who scored the penalty for Wigan to send us down was David Unsworth, who Warnock released earlier the same season as he "wasn't good enough".

Tevez....say no more.

Bryan Robson in and out as manager spending daft amounts of money......embarrasing.

Relegation from the championship by having 4 different managers within the season.....ridiculous.

This season, pipped by Wednesday and to finsh it off with a trip wembley where we have now failed to score a goal in 4 visits.

The list goes on but it becomes more depressing as I recall more .....so I,m going to stop the rant here.

If you like wayward events, perpetual disappointment and crying in public, then Sheff Utd is the club for you sad.png

Well, next season will be a new beginning. Let's hope it brings more joy for Blades fans (and Magpies fans, too, of course). thumbsup.gif

wai.gif

I was going to leave the smiley as it stands, but the more I look at it, prayers are the order of the day year.

In McCabe we trust.................not.

( Actually he has admitted last years terrible decsions were down to him and his team, this year he had no control over the antics of one of his players in a North Wales hotel/.........................what a complete mess)

Edited by soihok

rumours on Exeter web sites that Paul Tisdale is strongly in the running/got the Swansea job, which when they were in the championship he DID turn down twice. Apparently the Bookies r giving odds at 250 -1!!!! Cant see them coming bac 4 him a 3 rd time myself, but the swans chair IS a pt fan and football's a funny old game.

Edited by rijit

Tevez....say no more.

You signed him for 3 mil <deleted>!!! with that u CAN 100%buy a div 1 promotion winning team, what if his appeal works,uve released him!!!meaning u get nish? how on earth does that work !!! ?if so sounds financially naive at best, unless i'm missing something.

Edited by rijit

Ref url for the following article i,ve posted in full with kind permission of the Sheffield Star.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-milan-mandaric-supports-push-for-fair-play-1-4617038

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY: Milan Mandaric supports push for fair play

1583341085.jpg

Leicester gesture: Milan Mandaric was in charge of the Foxes when they allowed Forest to score

By Paul Thompson Sheffield Wednesday

Published on Wednesday 6 June 2012 07:26

MILAN Mandaric has told of his enthusiasm for sportsmanship after he and the other Football League chairmen voted for a fair-play initiative at their summer conference in Portugal.

It did not really need a formal vote to highlight the Owls chief’s beliefs, for he was in charge at Leicester when they figured in an extraordinary game against Forest in 2007.

Leicester player Clive Clarke suffered a heart attack at half time and the match was abandoned; Forest had been leading 1-0, so when the match was replayed the Foxes stood aside and allowed them to score

“I am all for fair play,” says Mandaric. “After the player had a heart attack that time, we told the players to move away and let Nottingham Forest score, so the score was the same as before.

“Sportsmanship is a really important part of the beautiful game.”

The League say: “Clubs will undertake to instruct managers, coaches and players accordingly - in particular to discourage actions which bring the game’s reputation into disrepute, such as showing disrespect to match officials, and actions that undermine a sporting culture, including diving/simulation, time wasting and feigning injury.”

The League also want referees to support the initiative by cracking down harder on players who obstruct the quick taking of free-kicks and steal ground at throw-ins.

Owls boss Dave Jones deplores unsporting behaviour. “I wasn’t brought up that way,” he said. “It’s something that has crept in over the years.

“I’m all for players accepting their responsibilities about not play-acting. Forwards going down if they get touched in the box is nothing new, but it’s crazy when players try to get somebody booked or sent off - that should be stamped on.”

Mandaric says the League meeting was “very upbeat and positive”. Other issues to emerge from the get-together included the new sponsorship of the League Cup, which is now known as the Capital One Cup, and the move back to seven substitutes for League games.

“A lot of good things were talked about,” added the Wednesday chairman, “Having seven players on the bench will be a dream for the coaches. There was also an emphasis on clubs working more with the community, and rightly so.”

Wednesday have already made big strides in this direction, with their £7m plan for a community hub on Penistone Road.

marshbagsclap2.gif

What you are missing, rijit, is how the hell can you still keep a convicted rapist facing 5 years supported on your pay roll...........are you on drugs?

Three years ago we were close to promotion back to the Premiership.

Edited by soihok
  • Like 1

What you are missing, rijit, is how the hell can you still keep a convicted rapist facing 5 years supported on your pay roll...........are you on drugs?

Three years ago we were close to promotion back to the Premiership.

Hiya Soihok

I thought the mention of C.Evans and everything negative related to him being re hashed was below the belt and verging on the point of trolling even if it was not intended.

I also know we are the opposing team in Sheffield and hope you do not think I,m trying to wind you up by my reference to MILAN Mandarics wonderful gesture regarding Nottingham Forest while also about fair play within the league next season, which incidently is something that effects us all who support football.

Having wanted to distract further comment on the forum about the player and his relationship with Sheffield United, and how it affected your club plus for sure it does not serve any purpose apart from restarting the past ect.

I posted the article hoping it would get away from the negativity and onto something else that is positive and having just read it online, decided to post it.

Best ignore them and any other similar references to him as it,s pointless, may / will wind you up, lets make sure it isn,t giving them what they are / could be fishing for..

I reckon no one with any understanding would now start what can only be IMHO rubbing salt into the wounds it has caused you all.

You are not personally affected so why not leave it alone and let it rest for those now commenting on it. wink.png

marshbags thumbsup.gif

• 1 month later...

Close season Exeter have lost 2 central defenders , lft back , 2 cent a midfielders inc captain and our main 15/20 a season striker, all baring one c/d where a tribunal will decide a fee, for no money !!! <deleted>, But paul tisdale seems to have got some value for money in the transfer market. Vince woodman, Kevin Amankwaah, Arron Davies Rhys Evans, pat baldwin, Tommy Doherty 4 free

problem could be is he's sticking with our DODGY polish keeper Krysiak could before tisdale a HUGE career altering MISTAKE , anyway.. Seems there's an air of optimism around the supporters all looking forward too the start of the season.

Forest boss is going to be Diego Maradona, please, just for the comedy. Anyone but Hoddle.

Hoddle would be a good fit for you, you've certainly slipped in the last season or so, i saw the play off games v swansea and thought that it was truly one of the best footie matches ide watched that season IMO both teams would have graced the prem,

Hoddle has a tremendous track record and if the fa an ounce of common and had a pr man on hoddles case at the time of the fuc_kin stupid after life comments, Ive no doubts he would have taken england onwards and upwards, tactically he's very very good and genuinely good and has an interest in young players.With a bit of finacial backing, which you now have, No doubts he will take you up to the prem.

Forest boss is going to be Diego Maradona, please, just for the comedy. Anyone but Hoddle.

Hoddle would be a good fit for you, you've certainly slipped in the last season or so, i saw the play off games v swansea and thought that it was truly one of the best footie matches ide watched that season IMO both teams would have graced the prem,

Hoddle has a tremendous track record and if the fa an ounce of common and had a pr man on hoddles case at the time of the fuc_kin stupid after life comments, Ive no doubts he would have taken england onwards and upwards, tactically he's very very good and genuinely good and has an interest in young players.With a bit of finacial backing, which you now have, No doubts he will take you up to the prem.

I would be quite happy with hoddle I suppose the man the fans really want though is rednap though that won't happen or even Billy Davis back he was our best manager since cloughy it was the lack of funds that let him down now with money to spend he would do the job for us

Close season Exeter have lost 2 central defenders , lft back , 2 cent a midfielders inc captain and our main 15/20 a season striker, all baring one c/d where a tribunal will decide a fee, for no money !!! <deleted>, But paul tisdale seems to have got some value for money in the transfer market. Vince woodman, Kevin Amankwaah, Arron Davies Rhys Evans, pat baldwin, Tommy Doherty 4 free

problem could be is he's sticking with our DODGY polish keeper Krysiak could before tisdale a HUGE career altering MISTAKE , anyway.. Seems there's an air of optimism around the supporters all looking forward too the start of the season.

A few decent signings. Keeper is dodgy, Torquay have one of the best in League Two. Lots of Devon derbies next year, be interesting to see who end up as the highest placed. Torquay seem to be really pushing ahead with youth development in the Devon and Cornwall, which in the past was always Exeters strong point.

Slightly off subject. The football probably ain't great shakes down there but the beer? Superb independent breweries seemingly in every small town. It's a real bummer - I'm back in the Uk for a visit but I had to bring a shed-load of antibiotics with me this time (no, and definitely not (for) that ..to borrow a Hancock line from the Blood Donor)

Slightly off subject. The football probably ain't great shakes down there but the beer? Superb independent breweries seemingly in every small town. It's a real bummer - I'm back in the Uk for a visit but I had to bring a shed-load of antibiotics with me this time (no, and definitely not (for) that ..to borrow a Hancock line from the Blood Donor)

No idea about the beer or the lack of antibiotic's.and I' cant speak for Plymouth or Torquay, But Exeter play GOOD football, last season was v v unfortunate and mainly due to injuries and truly DIDNT reflect our teams ability, it more reflected our lack of board room business acumen.

I would be quite happy with hoddle I suppose the man the fans really want though is rednap though that won't happen or even Billy Davis back he was our best manager since cloughy it was the lack of funds that let him down now with money to spend he would do the job for us

Forest Announce "ïCONIC" New Manager

The Al-Hasawi family have announced their choice of manager to lead them into the Premier League

Sean O'Driscoll

Who?

Forest Announce "ïCONIC" New Manager

The Al-Hasawi family have announced their choice of manager to lead them into the Premier League

Sean O'Driscoll

Who?

Ah well 6 easy points again maybe with 10 men again "Come on you RAMS"

No chance......

At least the family seem to not be bothered about doing an "about turn re an iconic signing" O'Driscolls record is up there with the best of the championship managers..Sven's is not.Let's hope they open the purse strings & get players in....proper players...not nondescript players from the likes of Northampton who just scrape in league 2 each year