The Lower League Thread

mrbojangles

Rochdale threw away their lead 3 minutes from time at Aldershot. :D Still top though by 6 points :D

Should I open a "Rochdale in Decline" thread ?............ :)

Nah you're alright ken. I don't think it's possible for a 4th Div team to decline much further. :D

Luton Town springs to mind, this once first tier team is now wallowing in the nether regions of the Conference League.

I can even remember watching them play a Cup Final in about 1959 against Nottingham Forest, (in glorious fuzzy b & w T.V. with Kenneth Wolstenholme doing the commentary)

Chavy will probably fill you in with the score ...... :D

Exeter v Leeds Another huge test for us, Really cant see us getting anything from this one. All the leeds players will be well up 4 it, playing for a place against spurs the next ish game for them, I do believe. But u never know, we but live in hope.

And hope is restored!!, well this week anyway. a memorable 2 -0 win over leeds , imo overshadowed by a crowd control issue, almost disasterousely managed by both club and the police, seen a vidoe of it and t.b h it came very close to a lower league hillsborough, Scary!! Next up Yeovil away

A better result for the Millers yesterday 2-1 against Grimsby, keeps us in touch.

With 3 games in-hand, you should get enough points to be in 2nd.

Rochdale to take some stopping now for the Title.

Another fantastic result away from home for the Mighty Dale. Cheltenham 1-4 Rochdale and an hat trick from O'Grady. Things are looking good. :)

Rochdale threw away their lead 3 minutes from time at Aldershot. :D Still top though by 6 points :D

Should I open a "Rochdale in Decline" thread ?............ :)

Nah you're alright ken. I don't think it's possible for a 4th Div team to decline much further. :D

Luton Town springs to mind, this once first tier team is now wallowing in the nether regions of the Conference League.

I can even remember watching them play a Cup Final in about 1959 against Nottingham Forest, (in glorious fuzzy b & w T.V. with Kenneth Wolstenholme doing the commentary)

Chavy will probably fill you in with the score ...... :D

Though I was -9 at the time I am happy to say we won 2-1 :D Roy Dweight, Elton John's uncle, I think, broke his leg whilst playing for us !! :D

Gutted 2 =0 down and 15 2 go and on 92 we claw it bac to 2 all and then from the kic of carlisle go up the other end and score we lose 3 2

relegation haunts us

big up to the 132 away fans. Long journey on a Tuesday night.

Edited by rijit

A late winner for Rotherham gives us 3 points at Chesterfield 1-0. Puts us 11 points behind the leaders Rochdale with 3 games in hand, now I would rather have the points but it could be close and the postponed game against Rochdale will be a big game now.

Dag & Red 0 Notts County 3

Notts appear to have investment for the present and future. HMRC are satisfied with the arrangements and will not be taking action at present on the GBP600K tax bill (they were looking at proceedings against them today). The club has 28 days to provide all the required details. Right now everything is confidential. Skeptics are still not satisfied that wind-up hearings will not go ahead in view of Notts County's debts to various creditors, but the club is upbeat (as you would expect).

:)

Yep,fantastic result for Swindon,the form team in League 1.Leeds,I think,have lost 3 on the trot in the league now......look well if they dont go up.

And Forest 5-0 against QPR.....joint top now.....chavy will be in orgasmic mode today ! :D

Macclesfield 2 Morecambe 2.......useful point for Macc keeping us away from the relegation dogfight.

ColU 2 MK Franchise 0

With clean sheets in the last two games, it seems that a goal in each half from Leeds loanee David Prutton and Kevin Lisbie finally put to rest the beginning of the 2010 nightmare of conceding 12 (twelve) goals and scoring none.

Although the gap for an automatic promotion place has been narrowed to eight points with two games in hand, a play-off place still seems the more realistic possibility.

A disappointing crowd attendance though of 3,061 -- the lowest of the season I think.

Leeds on Saturday. They've been going through a bit of a woble in the league lately and may have other things on their mind with their upcoming Cup replay. But Prutton is ineligible as part of the loan deal and we picked up a couple of injuries last night. All-in-all, a draw at Elland Road wouldn't be a bad result for the upwards on onwards U's.

Leeds 2 ColU 0

No surprises there really. Nor that it was two goals from Beckford that did for the U's. The plus side is that loanee, Pat Baldwin, to major Essex rivals Southend last week sealed a draw in the 89th minute for the 'seaweeders' against U's promotion rivals Swindon ,when it looked like they were going to go ahead of us in the league table with a game in hand until the 85th minute. However, as it stands the U's remain at fourth with Swindon and Millwall behind the U's in the play-offs positions.

Not often I'll get the chance to cheer Southend -- but rather than look to other team's dropping points we need to pick up our own results. So here's to next Saturday and a home win against, erm ... Southend United.

Notts County 2 Barnet 0

The campaign is back on track with three games in hand (same as the Millers) and County away to Wigan in the FA Cup replay on Tuesday.

Notts have 28 days (from 27 Jan) to pay the GBP324000 outstanding to HMRC (down from 600K) and a smaller amount to two other creditors.

Edited by Xangsamhua

ColU 2 Carlisle 1

post-20082-1265150949.gif

The U's needed to win this one of the two games in hand and in a poor first half ,that saw Harte score for the visitors in the 24th minute, looked as though they'd be lucky to salvage a draw. The second half was a different story (a game of two halves) and the U's came out in the ascendency. Clive Platt scored the U's equaliser and substitute Kayode Odejayi scored the winner with the last kick of the match. The U's remain in 4th place ,four ponts behind third placed Charlton (who drew away to Wallsall) , with still one game in hand.

FA Cup Fourth Round Replay: Wigan 0 Notts County 2

Notts are cock-a-hoop, even if Wigan did play like dead dogs (according to the Guardian, no fan of Notts County).

The money will be handy and the lift in profile will attract investors. (Apparently deals were being done amidst much champagne and jollity at a pub in Stamford Road on Monday.)

Fulham at the Cottage on Sunday week for Round 5.

Notts are cock-a-hoop, even if Wigan did play like dead dogs (according to the Guardian, no fan of Notts County).

The money will be handy and the lift in profile will attract investors. (Apparently deals were being done amidst much champagne and jollity at a pub in Stamford Road on Monday.)

Even better news for you in the league with Rotherham and Rochdale both losing.

Yes, Rotherham and Bury are certainly in sight. Rochdale's a bit far out in front. Let's see if Notts can keep it up against Grimsby on Saturday.

ColU 2 Southend 0

Another dogged performance from the U's on a pitch that would have the Premiership pansies knickers in a twist worrying about their £500 hair do's. :)

Given the way that other results went on Saturday, gives me some sceptical hope of an automatic promotion place.

Well done the U's.

We soon got back to winning ways though :)