The Lower League Thread

mrbojangles

Cheers Pauly.

Looks as if our teams won't be playing each other next year afterall. We do look forward to playing Wham though.

Yes, the race to grab the second automatic promotion place would be between both Sheffield clubs wouldn't it?

Very, very nervous times being a Blade / Owl supporter.

You reckon right, I was up at 2am to watch it live...and I am still pinching myself, not just to stay awake but I am flabergasted by the result, our recent form is P 16, W 14 D 1 L 1, I am just speechless, if the Spammers lose today its down to goal difference, as we will be 9 points in front of them with 3 to play, but with 2 home games coming up against teams without anything to play for we could be up by Tuesday ,if not then a week today without doubt

I'm so happy

You reckon right, I was up at 2am to watch it live...and I am still pinching myself, not just to stay awake but I am flabergasted by the result, our recent form is P 16, W 14 D 1 L 1, I am just speechless, if the Spammers lose today its down to goal difference, as we will be 9 points in front of them with 3 to play, but with 2 home games coming up against teams without anything to play for we could be up by Tuesday ,if not then a week today without doubt

I'm so happy

Excellent TP. I know you were gutted when you went down, so this is great. Do you think they are strong enough for the Prem? Also, is the guy you stole bought from Rochdale still playing for you? Adam Le Fondre. How's he doing?

Mr.B.....the team we have will need tweaking for the Prem, but the money will be available thanks to the incoming Russian owners.

Adam Le Fondre scored two goals in 14 mins after coming on as sub last night, and 2 against Leeds last Friday (again as a sub) but in just 7 mins......so he's doing OK LOL

West Ham have put the pressure back on with that 6-0 drubbing of Brighton.

Means we can't clinch promotion on Tuesday now, it's a nervy time to be a Saints fan after being in the top 2 all season they are now only 3 points above the Hammers and only 2 goals worse off, we could have been in that position if we had lost to Saints, and West Ham now have a better GD than Reading.......could go down to the last day now, unless we win our next two home games, as I fancy the Hammers to win their next 2 away.

Hammers have woken up from their beauty sleep? smile.png

Certainly makes the battle at the top interesting.

Regardless, I predict the top 3 will go up. (Unless Hammers nod off again.)

Notts are still hanging on to their spot in the L1 playoffs. I'm starting to miss all the usual moaning and groaning on Notts County MAD. (No I'm not.) On form Notts should win their last three games. Carlisle, a point behind Notts with a game in hand, have a pretty demanding run home, playing Stevenage and Wednesday away.

Sorry mate, but I'm hoping Carlise win on Saturday.

Sheff Utd = 4 points above Wednesday now, three games to go. Away to the Dons on Saturday, a win for The Blades + a loss for Wednesday (at home against Carlise, which I doubt they will lose) = Blades promoted.

Ohh the pressure.

Congrats to Reading and ThaiPauly on securing a return to the Premiership. Reading should wrap up the season with winning the Championship also.

Good to see an ex Sheffield United striker get the winning goal.

WELL DONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to Reading and ThaiPauly on securing a return to the Premiership. Reading should wrap up the season with winning the Championship also.

Cheers mate, though I had very little to do with the outcome personally, its great to be back in the EPL after a 4 year absence, we came close last year but in 2012 things have really gone our way, on November 1st we were 16th!!!

The difference between now and 6 years ago when we last went up is that we are now a buying club, not a selling one, there will be money for new players, and number 1 on my shopping list is Gylfi Siggardson, really want him back whatever the cost, but we will see how forthcoming the new Russian owners will be with the cash.

I hope we go up as Champions, but I am not that bothered, the players need a rest now after the run which has seen us win 15 out of our last 17 games...truly amazing, and to have won our last 6 games in a row......astounding considering the opposition.

Hiya Paul,

Many congratulations to everyone at Reading and to you and all your supporters.

46 out of a possible 51 points is well worthy of such rewards.

Brian Mc. has and is doing a great job.

I won,t tempt fate but your team certainly are in the driving seat to go up as champions.

Promotion is still secured no matter what mi old pal. thumbsup.gif

I see dear old Stevie Coppell is back in the fold managing Crawley and is in a good position to get promotion with them to Div. 1

I always liked and respected him both as a player and a manager as you have of course.

Maybe the owls can get promotion this season, but again I will not tempt fate as I,ve supported them for over 60 years now and know about expecting the best and being disappointed.

Come what may, I will always love my club and everything connected to it as again you do with Reading

Cheers Paul and I hope this not only cheers your cockles up, but more importantly gives your health a big boost and pick me up.

Michael clap2.gifwink.png

P.S. Steve should be given his official title of Director of Football but for me his controls all the playing side of things and in old fashion terms would certainly be classed as manager

Edited by marshbags

Chuffed to bits for you TP. Hope next year they can give a good account for themselves. For me, this season Swansea in particular have shown the best attitude after coming up. Hope you can do the same. Adam La Fondre for top scorer next year biggrin.png

An extraordinary run by the Royals. Well done and worthy of the top spot.

As for West Ham, will they wake up again for the play-offs? saai.gifsleepy.gif

Notts County still looking good for playoffs in L1 after Carlisle's loss at Stevenage. Both those teams are challenging Notts and both have to play United or Wednesday in Sheffield. Stevenage's run looks easier than Carlisle's. Notts have the easiest run of the three. Like the Championship, I predict the top 3 in L1 will go up, but it's good if the Magpies can have a bit of time in the sun, too.

No longer lower league after this season.

Just got this in an email and hope posters will allow me to pass the url on to T.P. please while possibly enjoying a look yourselves.

A right Royal knees-up! Promotion delight at last for Reading and boss McDermott

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2131305/Reading-promoted-Brian-McDermott-celebrates-Premier-League-return.html#ixzz1sU0nZcfx

Enjoy it T.P. you are always gracious to all of us on this thread and Thai Visa clap2.gif

Thank you

marshbags thumbsup.gif

We are five points behind Cowdenbeath. sad.png With 3 games left....

So I'm inviting you all up to Gayfield Park next Saturday. I will buy you all a free half time pie.....we need all the help we can get!

Come on Arbroath!! clap2.gifclap2.gif

Edited by smokie36

So I'm inviting you all up to Gayfield Park next Saturday. I will buy you all a free half time pie.....we need all the help we can get!

Is that everyone on Thaivisa, Smokie? smile.png

Is that everyone on Thaivisa, Smokie? smile.png

Absolutely. Even tigerfish is invited! biggrin.png

Sheff Utd, with just three games to go are on the brink of promotion and our leading goal scorer gets locked up for 5 years after being found guilty of rape.

OMG, why?

Our city rivals must be p*ssing themselves with laughter, only being 4 points behind.

Sheff Utd, with just three games to go are on the brink of promotion and our leading goal scorer gets locked up for 5 years after being found guilty of rape.

OMG, why?

Our city rivals must be p*ssing themselves with laughter, only being 4 points behind.

I hope they're not p*ssing themselves with laughter. This is tragic. An appeal is being considered.

I don't know why, in an age of presumed gender equality, young women are seen as less responsible for their sexual behaviour than young men. The girl is always seen as the victim, but in this case, as the judge said, there was no force involved. I'm not a lawyer, but can't help having a view. In agreeing to go with them to the hotel, was she not a contibutor to the outcome? Should she get 5 years too?