Dogs In Home?

gobs

Hi!

Here in Thailand, dogs generally live outside. On the land, or even... out! And almost never come in home...

For my part, my two dogs (female thai dogs, no breed) can come and go in the land as well as in home. I just take care they play "hard" together in the garden, closed with walls, and I never let them go outside.

Sure when my spouse and I are out for some shopping or visiting, they stay only in land!

At night, they sleep in home, sometimes in the bedroom on a mat when the weather is hot and AC is running ;-)

In home they never made a mess. And they never can go up on chairs, sofas or beds. These are only for human beings!..

Despite some hairs on the ground or some very little scratches here and there on the wooden floors in home, we like to feel they are very near to us (and they seem to feel the same!), and can decide what is good for them just at the moment. I mean better inside or outside...

I red somewhere it was not good that dogs can live in home (?)...

What is your opinion about this?

How do you do?

Advices welcome...

Thanks

definately best for dogs to be able to stay inside the house and be close to you!

they feel good and loved not to be locked away from their owners home.

as you and your dogs are already happy inside the house - don't question it! :D:o

I keep my little cute dog in house and take her sleep with me in bedroom too.

Nowaday many Thai who love dog as their family member keep their dog in house

and allow them to sleep with in bedroom or even on the bed.

So I agree with khun Elfe that dog can stay in house. :o

Always had working dogs back in Scotland and they were never allowd in the house. Had pet dogs also that always stayed indoors.

Have a golden and Shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!zu here and the golden causes a ruckus at night unless he gets to sleep in the bedroom, my fault for being away working when he was a pup and the missus letting him sleep in the room. Only thing I realy mind is the bugger taking hold of my arm at 4.30 every morning wanting to go out :o:D:D

Nice picture elfe! My spouse do adore!..

But for me, the bed, sorry, definitely not!

Yes, I confirm: no problem with flees and ticks!

Our dogs have a "shower" every week, and we take care...

Euh... OK floors not so "nice" at the rainy season ;-)

Cheers

thanks gobs, cannot imagine sleeping alone anymore :D well, sometimes on quick holidays it's nice too to have a clean and empty bed :o:D

seems you really take good care of your dogs! want any more additions? :D:D

Hi!

Here in Thailand, dogs generally live outside. On the land, or even... out! And almost never come in home...

For my part, my two dogs (female thai dogs, no breed) can come and go in the land as well as in home. I just take care they play "hard" together in the garden, closed with walls, and I never let them go outside.

Sure when my spouse and I are out for some shopping or visiting, they stay only in land!

At night, they sleep in home, sometimes in the bedroom on a mat when the weather is hot and AC is running ;-)

In home they never made a mess. And they never can go up on chairs, sofas or beds. These are only for human beings!..

Despite some hairs on the ground or some very little scratches here and there on the wooden floors in home, we like to feel they are very near to us (and they seem to feel the same!), and can decide what is good for them just at the moment. I mean better inside or outside...

I red somewhere it was not good that dogs can live in home (?)...

What is your opinion about this?

How do you do?

Advices welcome...

Thanks

Are you asking what's best for the dog or what's culturally appropriate?

I've seen small Thai dogs allowed inside the home a few times, for whatever that's worth.

as for a responsible owner should keep his dog tick- and flee free, this should be no problem! :o

What steps do you recommend to keep dogs tick and flee free?

I'm looking for a puppy (or two), do you know of any reputable Doberman Pinscher breeders / sellers in LOS?

TIA

yep khun looksamoon - dog is lovely on the bed :D:o

here some of my 'beddogs' :D

post-1514-1187365778_thumb.jpg

Too sweet, Elfe. Are those a few kitties there?

Gobs, my dogs always slept on the balcony or floor until I got a kitten. She slept on the bed. Soon, the whole family slept with her. I managed to squeeze in, like Elfe does. (Elfe, I'm e-mailing your photo to my Sis. She's sick and that will for sure cheer her up!)

Too sweet, Elfe. Are those a few kitties there? where?? only doggies in my bed :o

Gobs, my dogs always slept on the balcony or floor until I got a kitten. She slept on the bed. Soon, the whole family slept with her. I managed to squeeze in, like Elfe does. (Elfe, I'm e-mailing your photo to my Sis. She's sick and that will for sure cheer her up! nice! :D )

Beautiful picture elfie ,lovely happy dogs, as a child in northern england the family dogs(whippets) always slept with us, and it is the same now 60 years later :D , we are just happy our pets allow us to live with them, :D My wife and I are clean and tick free and we dont take up much room in bed :o Nignoy

PS boss of the house guarding the cat!!

post-11182-1187381610_thumb.jpg

And here's a good reason for not letting the bugger in the house :o:D:D

post-40226-1187694940_thumb.jpg

post-40226-1187695010_thumb.jpg

Pond Life!

That is exactly the reason why my golden calls outside her home.

im from the uk ,and if you have a dog its part of the family and lives inside

post-42229-1187709321_thumb.jpg

Me too lazeeboy. That lump lives in the house to but it's a pain in the butt having to hose him down two or three times a day and having to shampoo the bugger every evening cause that mud stinks.

The vet told us that shampooing a golden every evening is not good for the dog's skin, but that would be the only way my wife would ever allow our golden to set a paw into the house. Now, she plays in the yard during the day and sleeps on a balcony with cover in the evening. However, when it rains her preference is to sleep in the uncovered part. Typical golden.

I have had dogs at home for most of my adult life and always had kennels in the garden , wood bed off the floor full with straw or paper bed in the winter and rubber mat in summer . I will do the same When i am full time in Thailand .

JB

I have had dogs at home for most of my adult life and always had kennels in the garden , wood bed off the floor full with straw or paper bed in the winter and rubber mat in summer . I will do the same When i am full time in Thailand .

JB

Well my friend you have obviously never had any thing to do with local wildlife in thailand, cobra,s and scorpions just love straw, and the odd bush python does too, straw is a tick magnet, but there again straw in the kennel works in UK, after 35 years messing about thailand and the world what do I know :o Nignoy

What about flees and ticks?

My 3 dogs are washed and groomed every week, and the vet gives an injection every 3 months for tick, I live out in the Countryside, where they run around outside in the day and sleep on the bed at night

JB

Well my friend you have obviously never had any thing to do with local wildlife in thailand, cobra,s and scorpions just love straw, and the odd bush python does too, straw is a tick magnet, but there again straw in the kennel works in UK, after 35 years messing about thailand and the world what do I know :D Nignoy

Well my friend you have probably never been in a good set of kennels after 35 years you are too used to seeing shacks :o .

Trial and error i can always get a new dog :D

JB

Well my friend you have obviously never had any thing to do with local wildlife in thailand, cobra,s and scorpions just love straw, and the odd bush python does too, straw is a tick magnet, but there again straw in the kennel works in UK, after 35 years messing about thailand and the world what do I know :D Nignoy

Well my friend you have probably never been in a good set of kennels after 35 years you are too used to seeing shacks :o .

Next time you fly out of heathrow look at the Boarding Kennels and Quarantine Facilities, I designed them :bah: also I have designed Boarding Kennels and Breeding Kennels in Germany oh and a couple of world class zoo,s as well :D but that was just a hobby that I get paid for :D Nignoy

PS I am a retired Zoo Curator (just in case you thought I help out in your local Petshop!!)

JB

Next time you fly out of heathrow look at the Boarding Kennels and Quarantine Facilities, I designed them :bah: also I have designed Boarding Kennels and Breeding Kennels in Germany oh and a couple of world class zoo,s as well :D but that was just a hobby that I get paid for :D Nignoy

PS I am a retired Zoo Curator (just in case you thought I help out in your local Petshop!!)

^

Ner ner ner ner ner :bah:

Not good to have them on the bed, they see it as thier den/space