Pr Requirements Re Working/paying Tax

Can someone please clarify this:

If I apply for PR under the business category, then AFAIK, I must have 3 consecutive annual extensions of stay and must have held a WP for 3 years, but must have been earning at least 80,000 baht per month for only 2 years.

If I apply for PR under the humanitarian category, then AFAIK, I must have 3 consecutive annual extensions of stay and me or my wife must have an income of at least 30,000 baht per month for only 2 years.

This data is taken from 'Criterion and conditions of foreign nationals’ residential permit consideration 2003' which (I'm sure) is out of date!

I really want to clarify the work/salary requirements for application under humanitarian category. I understand that in practice, one's salary should be more than 100,000 baht per month. But is this for 2 years or 3 years preceeding the PR application?

Thanks

Simon

The reference that I quoted says 2 years. But I'm sure it's out of date re the salary levels. In any case, I'm still trying to find someone who has got PR based on humanitarian reasons :o

Interesting question: If your extended visa is in support of a Thai wife (marriage visa), I presume that there is nothing to stop you applying for PR under the business category? (IE, applying for PR under the business category is not just restricted to those whose visa has been extended based on business).

... just trying to get the hoops correctly lined up. Please do not move them for the next 3 years . . .

Simon

The reference that I quoted says 2 years. But I'm sure it's out of date re the salary levels. In any case, I'm still trying to find someone who has got PR based on humanitarian reasons :o

Interesting question: If your extended visa is in support of a Thai wife (marriage visa), I presume that there is nothing to stop you applying for PR under the business category? (IE, applying for PR under the business category is not just restricted to those whose visa has been extended based on business).

... just trying to get the hoops correctly lined up. Please do not move them for the next 3 years . . .

Simon

It is still a bit of a minefield Simon. Get some decent legal advice so that you prepare properly.