As Anyone Tried Calling Tt&t Lately? 1103

monsieurhappy

I call 1103 and get the blurb " for Engrish prease press 9"

So I press 9 and it continues in Thai!!

OK. I can understand the bit where if I have a complaint about Maxnet I press 1, so I press 1.

Eventually, I hear the phone dialing but instead of hearing an English speaking ( or even Thai for that matter ) voice asking what my problem is, I get something that sounds like one of those awful Thai soaps on television!

Finally, I get someone on the line who says "hello"

"Can you speak English?" I ask. "A little!" they say. Hey! I originally pressed 9 for an English speaker!

Then they ask for my mobile number. What for? I'm already speaking to them on the landline, why do they want to speak to me on my mobile, or do they want to wait until I'm in the cinema, the toilet or wherever else I might be that I don't want to answer the phone? I always tell them now that I don't have a mobile phone.

Now before we get any further I have to ask if they can speak a bit louder as I can't hear them. They obviously can't hear me either because I have to repeat this at least 5 times! Then they say "HELLO SIR!!!" at 3000 decibels, followed by something else that I can't hear because they're speaking even quieter than they were at first!

Finally I get to tell them my problem, " One moment Sir" they say and promptly hang up!

Occasionally they will actually tell me that someone will call me back. The last time someone called me back from TT&T was over 2 weeks since I'd tried to report a problem!!

What is my problem?? Well, I'm on Maxnet 512/256 and yes, I know I'm in a bad location but at the beginning of July my line was better than it had been for ages. I went away for 1 month but on returning I find I'm lucky if I can get anymore than 64kbps usually less than half that. I've had the letter that says I'm going to get upgraded to 1024 etc. and my wife told me that last week someone called to say I'd been upgraded.

So who else gets this same response when they call 1103?

Do you think I've been "blacklisted"? :o:D

I think you must just have been unlucky.

I phoned 1103 a few weeks ago when I couldn't get a Maxnet connection. The young lady said "an engineer" would phone me back, and they did so within an hour. After explaining my problem they decided that they couldn't do anything over the phone and said somebody would call the following day.

Sure enough, two men arrived next morning and checked everything, finally deciding that my modem had stopped working. They left me their router so that I could have a connection, and promised to bring me a new one later. A few hours later they were back with a new router which they installed and all was ok again.

I'm not normally impressed by Thai service, but I must say TT&T were on the ball as far as my problem was concerned. Maybe I just got lucky.

Edited by thaireg

I think you must just have been unlucky.

I phoned 1103 a few weeks ago when I couldn't get a Maxnet connection. The young lady said "an engineer" would phone me back, and they did so within an hour. After explaining my problem they decided that they couldn't do anything over the phone and said somebody would call the following day.

Sure enough, two men arrived next morning and checked everything, finally deciding that my modem had stopped working. They left me their router so that I could have a connection, and promised to bring me a new one later. A few hours later they were back with a new router which they installed and all was ok again.

I'm not normally impressed by Thai service, but I must say TT&T were on the ball as far as my problem was concerned. Maybe I just got lucky.

You certainly sound as though you got lucky reg!

I didn't believe that TT&T had any technicians let alone that they would come out and fix anything. The only people from TT&T I have seen around here are the 2 monkeys they get to climb the bamboo ladders. They have only turned up 2 weeks after the problem as somehow rectified itself! I can't believe I'm the only one who has these problems with TT&T! Anyway, my 12 months are up so it looks like I'll be finding an alternative ( I've been training carrier pigeons for my emails! :o )

i call 1103 all the time because my connection has problems every time the wind blows (or whatever). occasionally they are responsive but usually i get the "we'll have a technician call you back" b.s.