Pr & Local Loan For Condo

URGENT URGENT

Would appreciate some urgent advice please:

1. On this site there are statements about - 'with PR there is no need to bring funds from abroad specific to purchase of condo'. Can anybody please give me the address of an official website which states this information.

2. Does PR mean that holder doesn't need to have a Thai guarantor to borrow from local bank, for condo purchase. Again, if this is true, can anybody please give me an official website address which states this information.

Look forward to any advice, and much appreciated.

Regards

Alan,

Question 1 - I have heard this from the Land Department, but I have not seen it written anywhere.

Question 2 - Again, nothing official that I am aware of - it depends on the internal policies of the bank in question.

To confirm this you can contact Section 1, Sub-division 1, Immigration Division1, Room 301, 3rd Floor, Old Building , Immigration Bureau, Soi Suan Plu, South Sathorn Road, Sathorn District, Bangkok. Tel. 66-2-287-3117 or 66-2-287-3101 through 3110, Ext. 2234-5

As for a website, its on Thai Visa at

http://www.thaivisa.com/300.0.html

so it must be correct. :o

www.sunbeltasia.com

alanw:

Try talking with the local branch of HSBC. They understand the rules. No record of inward remittance (of the downpayment) required of PRs. They also did not require a Thai guarantor of the housing loan for the remainder of the purchase price.