90 Day Reporting

I Miss understood the 90 day reporting rules and it cost me 6000B. I had a postcard from Immigration to advise i was late in reporting my 90 days and i must pay a fine of 2000B. I had a new visa extension 30th June and thought that would start the date rolling for 90 days reporting , so i sent my 90 day report application to room 206 Bangkok as previous , ie., posted 10 days EMS before the expiry date of 31/8 as that is 90 days from my last new extension. I phoned Immigration in Bangkok and they told me i would have to go in person to pay the fine at Bankok Immigration (I live in Khon Kaen) i didnt want to be any later as they may have put the fine to the maximum of 5000B , so i got a round trip flight to Bangkok , I got to Immigration and they told me to go to room 206 to collect my docs i had sent by post, i noticed by the envelope that my app was received at Immigration 28/8 so i asked why i was being fined as i wasnt late , they showed me the receipt from my last 90 day reporting and the date on there for my next report was 24 June , i had wrongly miscalculated and didnt check the last date of reporting and was told that the 90 day reporting does not start from the date of the last extension visa , so i paid my 2000B fine , i didnt complain, argue or get angry as i was in the wrong i was over 2 months late and they were within there right to fine me 5000B so i got of lightly . If you do get a fine and you live outside Bangkok you have to go to Bangkok to pay the fine , you cant go to your local immigration office.

…90 day reporting rules…If you do get a fine and you live outside Bangkok you have to go to Bangkok to pay the fine , you cant go to your local immigration office.

I believe you were called to Bangkok to pay your fine because you had mailed you address report to Bangkok. Surely, if you had made your report at your local office you could have paid your fine there.

--

Maestro

I Miss understood the 90 day reporting rules and it cost me 6000B. I had a postcard from Immigration to advise i was late in reporting my 90 days and i must pay a fine of 2000B. I had a new visa extension 30th June and thought that would start the date rolling for 90 days reporting , so i sent my 90 day report application to room 206 Bangkok as previous , ie., posted 10 days EMS before the expiry date of 31/8 as that is 90 days from my last new extension. I phoned Immigration in Bangkok and they told me i would have to go in person to pay the fine at Bankok Immigration (I live in Khon Kaen) i didnt want to be any later as they may have put the fine to the maximum of 5000B , so i got a round trip flight to Bangkok , I got to Immigration and they told me to go to room 206 to collect my docs i had sent by post, i noticed by the envelope that my app was received at Immigration 28/8 so i asked why i was being fined as i wasnt late , they showed me the receipt from my last 90 day reporting and the date on there for my next report was 24 June , i had wrongly miscalculated and didnt check the last date of reporting and was told that the 90 day reporting does not start from the date of the last extension visa , so i paid my 2000B fine , i didnt complain, argue or get angry as i was in the wrong i was over 2 months late and they were within there right to fine me 5000B so i got of lightly . If you do get a fine and you live outside Bangkok you have to go to Bangkok to pay the fine , you cant go to your local immigration office.

I made the same mistake a month ago and also had to pay the B2000 fine. Did they stamp your passport saying you were late and piad the fine? They did mine.

rgds

…90 day reporting rules…If you do get a fine and you live outside Bangkok you have to go to Bangkok to pay the fine , you cant go to your local immigration office.

I believe you were called to Bangkok to pay your fine because you had mailed you address report to Bangkok. Surely, if you had made your report at your local office you could have paid your fine there.

--

Maestro

I was under the impression that the rule was , "You have to send 90day reporting to Bangkok" Am i wrong?

I made the same mistake a month ago and also had to pay the B2000 fine. Did they stamp your passport saying you were late and piad the fine? They did mine.

rgds

Yes they stamped my passpot to say i was late reporting and had paid a fine of 2000B

I was under the impression that the rule was , "You have to send 90day reporting to Bangkok" Am i wrong?

I have only reported once by post but I sent the form and my passport copies to the local immigration office. I never received the 'receipt' but the office confirmed (over the telephone) that they had received and processed my report. On my next trip, they were unhappy that I didn't have the receipt in my passport but they eventually confirmed that they had a record of my report and that was sufficient. Had I been 'interviewed' by the police for any reason during that time, I do not know what the outcome would have been.

Except possibly for the first extension, 90 day reporting requirements are separate from all your other trips or posts to the Immigration office. Also, leaving the country (on a reentry permit, or on multiple entry visa) starts the clock again. I had been keeping track of my dates this year, and knew that upon my return from Ireland on June 12, the clock was reset. So there I was after closing time on Sept. 11, counting days and - oops! One day late. So yesterday, not saying anything, I rushed in the next morning, waiied the person behind the counter, and submitted my form as if nothing was wrong. The cute young man behind the counter just accepted it and gave me the right stamps, no penalty.

DavidThai, you can do the 90 day reporting at the local immigration office, I did mine today in Nakorn Ratchasima. As someone else mentioned, leaving the country starts the clock again, had this confirmed today as well.

Was your visa issued in Bangkok? Mine was, but I can still 90 day report in Phuket?

Could you confirm this, don't want to fly up there if I don't have to...

• 4 weeks later...

I was about 3 months overdue with that 90 days reporing. Upon checking out at the airport immigration, they did not even look at that paper and stamped me out without any problems.

Whether this was a question of personal luck or a standard procedure I don't know.

I went to Phuket immigration for a 90 day report and got a stamp for to report again in 10 days, because my one year extension ended in 10 days, I went to Bangkok a few days later to apply for one year extension, got first a 30 day stamp in consideration and now I got a stamp for stay till September next year. The immigration officer in Bangkok did not fill in a 90 day report stamp so I guess I have start to count from my last visit in Phuket or do I have to get that date stamp again?.

Visa extension and 90 days reporting have nothing to do with each other! I learned that a while ago the hard way. Even though you just come from immigration with a brand new visa stamp, you still have not reported for that 90 days paper! Better go and fix it! :o