Us Dollars To Bhat

A while back their was a discussion about money changers and several posters mentioned a money changer oppisite Central World as consistintly giving a good rate. Can anyone give the name and directions to the place? Thanks.

Today, 17 Sept, I called SuperRich as well as Vasu, where I usually change dollars and their rate was the same, 34.18 for $50/100 bills. So I think I'll stick with Vasu as it's more convient for me. Vasu is located on Sukuhmvit between Soi's 9 and 11.

chinese jewellery shops in saphan kwai always give us the best rate, better than superrich (though not by much)

Why do they do they give such good rates? Are they somehow able to take advantage of the exchange? i.e. they have to routinely pay for some gold in $ or Euros so instead of having to buy it at a bank they get it from customers at a slightly better rate.

That's the only thing I can think of other than maybe since Chinese in China can not own foreign currencies, there's some kind of back door way that the gold shops can get it back to them for a profit.