Wall Mirrors - Where To Buy?

Steve2UK

Can anyone suggest a source for plain wall-mirrors in Chiang Mai? I'm thinking rectangular (say minimum 1 x 0.5 metres - but preferably bigger) and definitely plain - i.e. not fancy shapes with cut/etched designs. Could be simply framed but I'd really prefer the plain mirror glass - with fixing holes already drilled and, of course, a safety edge to the glass if there's no frame. Think of a "dressing" mirror - e.g. as you'd find in a house hall/lobby or attached to a wardrobe/closet door.

I already checked out HomePro, Carrefour, Lotus, and Global - but all I have seen are either very small or highly decorated.

Thanks in advance.......... :o

Picture frame shops will do framed ones. Glass shops sell mirrors cut to size and some can drill holes. Careful about mounting with screws because a tat too tight and the mirror cracks since wall surfaces are usually not really flat. Some good glues will do the job. Raan Kitti on the road along the river, west side, south of the Super Highway about a

kilometer, right side, (it is about half a kilometer up from the traffic light

at the bridge road) can provide the mirrors without frames and with holes and probably get a man to put them in. They also have nice round button/screw sets which hide the mounting screws. Speak with the owner, an older man.

The place I get mirrors from is adjacent to the Mahidol Road flyover of the old CM-Lampoon road. They offer all kinds of finishes including etching. You can always cut your mirror at a place like this and frame in a framing shop.

The framing shop I now use is between the bottom of CM Land and the Park Hotel, on the opposite side of the road.

On the super highway on the corner where you can turn to get to the back of the bus station, (Nawarat road before it becomes Hwy 118 to Doi Saket) there is a shop that sells and makes etched mirrors. They will cut and bevel the edges of the mirror without the backing paint flaking. If you want something really tastefull like an etching of your football team, Jack Daniels bottle, or pickup truck they can do that as well.

CB

Many thanks, all - that has given me a great list to work from. Bill97's suggestion of Raan Kitti sounds ideal - particularly if they also have the button-head + screws to do the mounting to add the finishing touch. I've put a few up in my time but that's a good point about not screwing too tight when the walls aren't properly flat...........

:o