Bangkok Bank Atms

why is it that Bangkok Bank ATMs seem to be offline or out of service so often. it is invariably the case that when i have to make a payment or transfer, i go to a Bangkok Bank ATM and often i see the red screen of death. i look around at all the other ATMs in the area and they are always up and running. it seems to me that BB ATMs are down/offlline much more than other banks'. has anyone else noticed this?

like this morning, i have a transfer to make so go to empire building in Bangkok, in the lobby there are something like 15 ATMs of different banks scattered arond the place and all are up and running EXCEPT Bangkok Bank's . very frustrating!!!

Yep that's what the bank employee tells me. Once the cash runs out, the out of order or offline message comes on. I don't know why they don't refill the machine asap, since the machine is connected to their ATM centre to warn them of the shortages.

I ask them why it takes so long to fill them machines with cash, and the answer was that they were too many of them :o

This is a logistics issues as well. Physically shipping with concomitant security the cash trays and refilling the ATM is a process which is scheduled. There should be analysis of usage which would id highly trafficked ATM's but it is not practical to fill them out of sequence. One option is to have a backfill team who are more flexibility routed, but and it's a big but in Bangkok is the realistic ability to respond in a secure {& safe} manner.

The other issue is the ATM models deployed, in most cases they are minis, which by definition have lower capacity but are less tempting targets. The cost of being successful.

Regards

i don't think it's because they have too many ATMs...SCB has just as many, if not more of them it seems to me. also, if the machines are out of money, it's no reason to take them completely offline...other transactions other than withdrawls could still be done (like my funds transfer this morning). if the machine is out of money, i can just use any other bank's ATM but for payments and transfers from my BB account, I must use one of their ATMs. i think it's more of them having a crap network or something. I very rarely, if ever, see other ATMs offline/down but it happens to me often at BB ATMs. think it's time to open a back-up SBC account too :o