Its Finally Happening

ArranP

Why post this in the pub section?

You might get more answers from a greater cross-section in the General or area specific section (where you are going to live) of this forum.

If you want the thread moved PM a moderator.

Apart from that best of luck with your move & budget carefully. Don't think of the Baht as cheap ie. "only 100B ... sooo cheap.... Buy it!"

Consider everything on its merits & keep your wits about you.

Soundman.

Two and a half years in the planning and I am finally moving to thailand, tickets booked for end of october and finances properly arranged.

Any advice ?

What are you going to do once here ?? Work , travel or just veg ???

Long Term / Actual reason for coming to thailand

---------------------------------------------------------

Probably settle down, have some children, relax, devote time to family and sailing.

Short Term

-------------

Book into a hotel for 4 to 8 weeks, look for house to rent in quiet area to use as a base, with a few restaurant nearby.

Medium Term

----------------

Watch movies on cable tv, surf on the internet, look for girl friend, travel to and visit different areas of thailand.

Do little bit exercise, go drinking at bar little bit, eat out at local restaurants.

I think major challenges, are occupying my time as I easily get bored and keeping a general fitness thru little bit of exercise.

Edited by ArranP

Good luck dude, doesn't sound like a "great" plan, but I'm sure you know what you are doing.

Do you speak Thai?

Might make the girlfriend thing a bit tough if not.

Have you ever been here before?

Find girlfriend, have kids sit back and chill...... :o be cool if you can pull it off...

Good luck dude, doesn't sound like a "great" plan, but I'm sure you know what you are doing.

Do you speak Thai?

Find girlfriend, have kids sit back and chill...... :o be cool if you can pull it off...

Pooh thai die nidnio khap! and would like to learn to speak more.

Been here 7 or 8 times since january 2005.

Thanks.

Edited by ArranP

Do you speak Thai?

Not really if she can speak English. :o

But, but... doesn't that mean she's.. you know... <cough>

Well, that's what some people say on this forum!

My g/f speaks good Angrit, btw. Ooops.

Now where do you think you will find this wonderful woman? Bangkok or Pattaya??????

Hope you have millions of whatever and not baht-you will need them!!!

If not then your best bet is to learn to speak-read and write Thai and get out to the real Thailand and find a wife of about your own age who does not speak English and has never been a prostitute.

your best bet is to learn to speak-read and write Thai and get out to the real Thailand and find a wife of about your own age who does not speak English and has never been a prostitute.

He may not have that many years left in him. :o

Yea, good luck. I did it, it CAN be done. Check out the University towns. More English speaking non-pros there. :o

Now thats an idea.

I check out thai dateing website regularly, but checking the university towns is a good idea.

Which are the top university 5 towns in thailand?

• 1 month later...

Do you speak Thai?

Find girlfriend, have kids sit back and chill...... :bah: " be cool if you can pull it off..."

That last sentence possibly sums up what he will be filling in time doing......

:o:D:D:D:D

Do you speak Thai?

Find girlfriend, have kids sit back and chill...... :bah: " be cool if you can pull it off..."

That last sentence possibly sums up what he will be filling in time doing......

:o:D:D:D:D

Oh Pete , you are the cynic, no ??? :o

As far as U-towns go, the only one I ever been to was Kon Khaen... :bah: some nice ladies there....educated, middle-upper class, etc...

Arran, learn some basic conversational Thai, and hang out like you would in your home Country. You'll meet people if you can speak Thai. The girls that CAN speak english, ( it is required to enter the university) will not want to, most are really shy at speaking even if they are pretty good, but will open up if you can speak some Thai...

Edited by gampaan

Now where do you think you will find this wonderful woman? Bangkok or Pattaya??????

If not then your best bet is to learn to speak-read and write Thai and get out to the real Thailand and find a wife of about your own age who does not speak English and has never been a prostitute.

I love reading posts on Thai visa especially when you come across one such as this little gem. Dont worry about people like this rather view his post as an example of a confused simpleton type of person that unfortunately have chosen to live here. English=Prostitute? what he hasn't mentioned is that he more than likely spent most of his time at Nana plaza looking for a wife and thought "I will need millions and gee there all pros cuz they speak English real good like" so Im off to find a farm girl :o There are plenty of well educated english speaking girls and guess what? just like in the west they are fussy so flip flops and a singha T wont get you a second date. Here is the link www.thailovelinks.com I met with 2. one a futures trader and the other a national mgr for sizzler restaurants both 4 years at uni, very attractive and speak fluent English and not pros, not even a tattoo. Hooked up with second one and she is in the top income bracket which was part of my screening and is a Gem :D

p.s had over 200 responses in 6 weeks

Edited by zorro1

I love reading posts on Thai visa especially when you come across one such as this little gem. Dont worry about people like this rather view his post as an example of a confused simpleton type of person that unfortunately have chosen to live here. English=Prostitute? what he hasn't mentioned is that he more than likely spent most of his time at Nana plaza looking for a wife and thought "I will need millions and gee there all pros cuz they speak English real good like" so Im off to find a farm girl :o There are plenty of well educated english speaking girls and guess what? just like in the west they are fussy so flip flops and a singha T wont get you a second date. Here is the link www.thailovelinks.com I met with 2. one a futures trader and the other a national mgr for sizzler restaurants both 4 years at uni, very attractive and speak fluent English and not pros, not even a tattoo. Hooked up with second one and she is in the top income bracket which was part of my screening and is a Gem :D

I'll bet you had;

Who doesn't want to unmask Zorro-in-Thailand ? :D

LaoPo

I'll bet you had;

Who doesn't want to unmask Zorro-in-Thailand ? :D

LaoPo

MEEEEEE !!!!!!!

Would prefer to undress

........ ooooops.......

unmask Wonder Woman.