Piss Testing In Pai...again

cloudhopper

I don't get out much, but I've been told that several late-nite venues around have been visited by a special police squad taking names and samples, especially Fri/Sat nites...

one way to avoid it- dont take anything illegal :o

I don't get out much, but I've been told that several late-nite venues around have been visited by a special police squad taking names and samples, especially Fri/Sat nites...

Dear Dorothy Dix,

I don't go to Pai, but I do take pills for acute gout. Should I be worried about a test?

signed....a concerned pill taker :o

I see.. you can avoid being held and forced to pee in a little cup for analysis by police at 1-2am while on holiday or having a good time and you can avoid all this by taking anything illegal.

Please explain how that works, it's intriguing.

Hey, I know another way to avoid it: Don't holiday in Thailand but in a sensible country. Guess that's the message?

Edited by Sanpatong

I have a friend that was in Pai about 2 weeks ago. He said a group of police officers entered the bar they were at. They were carrying a plastic jug that had writing on it. He said they walked thru the bar but he did not see or hear of them taking any samples. He said before the police officers arrived they were warned that they would be there shortly and what they were coming for.

So yes it is true.

What's always worried me about these things: how well are they carried out?

I don't know how they do the tests, but what if the person before you tests positive, and they don't clean out the testing apparatus properly before your tests -- giving a false positive for you?

Plus pot stays in your system for ages and ages, while other drugs like cocaine and lsd are undetectable a few days afterwards. Also, what about someone who flies in from Amsterdam, where smoking pot is de-facto legal, doesn't touch anything in Thailand (as would be wise), but tests positive because of a joint they smoked in Amsterdam?

Also, what about someone who flies in from Amsterdam, where smoking pot is de-facto legal, doesn't touch anything in Thailand (as would be wise), but tests positive because of a joint they smoked in Amsterdam?

If this is your personal situation, my advice would be: Stay away from Pai! :o

If you've ever seen the film 'Withnail and I' you will know what to do when you have to take a piss test.

I see.. you can avoid being held and forced to pee in a little cup for analysis by police at 1-2am while on holiday or having a good time and you can avoid all this by taking anything illegal.

Hey, I know another way to avoid it: Don't holiday in Thailand but in a sensible country. Guess that's the message?

sorry, I meant avoid any problem that you incur as a result of the piss test.

otherwise its meant as "dont take the piss outa me" :D

theres another way of looking at this.

If a person looks spaced out as a result from taking drugs,alcohol, or whatever, the police may want to do a piss test to confirm what substance abuse has taken place. If the person hadnt taken anything illegal, they may avoid being tested. Thats what I would do if I was looking for any drug users, ie scan the room for anyone that looks stoned, high or whatever.

Same for drunk drivers in a traffic checkpoint, obviously, it would be obvious to test someone that looks drunk and possibly wave on any one looking stone sober.

hope that clarifies, :D

My understanding is that traces of cannabis can be detected in urine up to two weeks after usage. Anyone that uses this drug, and I care not a rats anus whether you do or not, would be well advised to keep away from bottle bearing policemen.

I'm sorry you cannot do PP with people watching UG,

"What does one do about a "bashful" bladder in such a situation.

I can't pee with someone staring at me! "

I'd mention a few things that you may have missed out in your somewhat sheltered life but the mods may not approve. :o:D

Edited by sceadugenga

Certain places in Thailand become very popular with tourists very quickly because of easy access to recreational drugs and a lack of punishment for using them. Pai is one of these places.

It looks like the authorities there want to get rid of this image and this kind of tourist and they have found a method that does both in short order. :o

What's your source? The police conducted two urine tests a few months ago but I've heard of nothing more since then from contacts who live there.

This is all news to me, I thought Pai was a sleepy hollow town with fck all nightlife bar one or two kareoke bars!

The way its sounding now is that it's like babylon unleashed with Police desperately trying to prevent drug abuse!

Does anybody on TV actually live in Pai?

Yeah, sure, we have members there (in Pai), they usually post on the Chiang Rai forum.

BTW, there was a report late last year here on this board of police visiting several karaoke places here in CM (Hang Dong Rd. area), mostly to check bar workers ID (minimum age law), and supposedly some clientele (Thai only) were asked to provide samples.

This country takes drug enforcement very seriously. Enough said.

I heard a story about a bar being raided on Koh Samui. The police closed the bar, handed out sample recepticles to customers and were testing the samples as they left. The enterprising and pre-warned staff Thai staff were selling bags of 'clean' urine for B1000 a pop. Don't know if this is true or not but it amused me upon hearing it!

What's your source? The police conducted two urine tests a few months ago but I've heard of nothing more since then from contacts who live there.

actually, in CM a few months back, (perhaps 6 months) the BIB were doing the urine testing in a few places that my g/f and her friends frequent often, namely, Bubble, V-Club, and another that escapes memory for now. My g/f wasnt tested as she wasnt there on the said night but was told about the testing from other friends that were. They have no reason to lie.

The g/f knows some of the police that do the rounds and I have met one briefly that I wai and politely smile to. :o

I heard a story about a bar being raided on Koh Samui. The police closed the bar, handed out sample recepticles to customers and were testing the samples as they left. The enterprising and pre-warned staff Thai staff were selling bags of 'clean' urine for B1000 a pop. Don't know if this is true or not but it amused me upon hearing it!

true story of taking the piss :o

actually, in CM a few months back, (perhaps 6 months) the BIB were doing the urine testing in a few places that my g/f and her friends frequent often, namely, Bubble, V-Club, and another that escapes memory for now. My g/f wasnt tested as she wasnt there on the said night but was told about the testing from other friends that were. They have no reason to lie.

The g/f knows some of the police that do the rounds and I have met one briefly that I wai and politely smile to. :D

Anyone no the TRUE story behind the Mandalay (i.e the large Thai disco on Moon Muang that hates Farang) piss testing debacle? I've heard various versions getting more colourful according to the level of intoxication of the story teller :o The jist of it was the BIB turned up for piss testing a few months ago and most people were failing! Further investigation revealed that management was burning something in the air con system to put the punters in a good mood and make everyone "happy" :D:D . Change of management and cover up ensued; guess Mandalay is a major contributor to the BIB pension fund.......

So even if you think you're totally in the clear you may have inhaled something without knowing it and one of Thailand's "suprises" may be waiting for you!

The g/f knows some of the police that do the rounds and I have met one briefly that I wai and politely smile to. :D

Anyone no the TRUE story behind the Mandalay (i.e the large Thai disco on Moon Muang that hates Farang) piss testing debacle? I've heard various versions getting more colourful according to the level of intoxication of the story teller :o The jist of it was the BIB turned up for piss testing a few months ago and most people were failing! Further investigation revealed that management was burning something in the air con system to put the punters in a good mood and make everyone "happy" :D:D . Change of management and cover up ensued; guess Mandalay is a major contributor to the BIB pension fund.......

So even if you think you're totally in the clear you may have inhaled something without knowing it and one of Thailand's "suprises" may be waiting for you!

thats some story. My g/f knows a girl that works upstairs- The Dark. Will ask, but sounds like BS to me.

You heard the same story about Nice Illusion (now Spicey) years ago, i.e., drugs in the ventilation system. Pretty sure it's urban myth since one never seems to hear from anyone who was actually there when the tests happened.

I wonder what drug would work in the ventilation system for a cheap enough price to make it worthwhile?

I would guess Ice which would get those feet amovin" and is probably quite cheap around here! :o

It makes quite a lot of sense to use ice in the air cooling system.