Vespa

VespaSeeker

Hi , i have been looking for a decent classic Vespa since i got here , and all roads seem to lead to Bangkok so i took a little trip up there today after some internet research on a few shops up there claiming to sell them.

After a long day the only shop which actually had one worth buying was a place called Arm Scooter shop , they have a nice thai lady there who speaks good english and she was quiet helpfull , they can actually make you a scooter to your own spec in about 2 months for a decent price and deliver it to Pattaya with a garantee .

But of course i dont want to be waiting 2 months , i have seen another scooter for sale , its a lovely machine only problem is, it has no registration document ,now this is the main reason for my post , the shop say they will provide me with a bill of sale to prove i bought it from them .

Can anybody tell me the downsides of buying a bike with no registration document . I do not wish to ship the bike out of the country and i will not really want to resell it and i do not ride around the streets pallatic giving V signs to coppers .

My girlfriend says the main problem will be if the bike is stolen as i will not be able to prove the bike is mine with out the registration document .

The Bike is practically being sold at halve price , so is this a bargain or should i run the other way very fast ???

By the way anybody with one for sale please contact me ,i am desperate to get one as soon as possible .

Hi , i have been looking for a decent classic Vespa since i got here , and all roads seem to lead to Bangkok so i took a little trip up there today after some internet research on a few shops up there claiming to sell them.

After a long day the only shop which actually had one worth buying was a place called Arm Scooter shop , they have a nice thai lady there who speaks good english and she was quiet helpfull , they can actually make you a scooter to your own spec in about 2 months for a decent price and deliver it to Pattaya with a garantee .

But of course i dont want to be waiting 2 months , i have seen another scooter for sale , its a lovely machine only problem is, it has no registration document ,now this is the main reason for my post , the shop say they will provide me with a bill of sale to prove i bought it from them .

Can anybody tell me the downsides of buying a bike with no registration document . I do not wish to ship the bike out of the country and i will not really want to resell it and i do not ride around the streets pallatic giving V signs to coppers .

My girlfriend says the main problem will be if the bike is stolen as i will not be able to prove the bike is mine with out the registration document .

The Bike is practically being sold at halve price , so is this a bargain or should i run the other way very fast ???

By the way anybody with one for sale please contact me ,i am desperate to get one as soon as possible .

the bike shop on road 2 near the junction with pattay klang had a real nice lambretta from the 60s ,it was almost mint and original ,he was talking 100.000, i didnt think that was bad, ive seen them make crazy money on ebay,.

Hiya,

sorry to hear that u were unsuccessful in BKK. Around Songhran this year there was a nice Vespa parade in Pattaya, guess most of the riders came from BKK. Problem is...how to contact this club or organization.

Vespa's in Pattaya are not common at all unfortunately.

cu

Moo9

the bike shop on road 2 near the junction with pattay klang had a real nice lambretta from the 60s ,it was almost mint and original ,he was talking 100.000, i didnt think that was bad, ive seen them make crazy money on ebay,.

Hi thanks for the reply ,but i couldn't find that shop , i stoped at the shop on the left as you come of 2 nd road to head back to Jontiem but they didn't know anything about classics , could you give me a little more information on location , cheers

Edited by VespaSeeker

Crossroads 2nd road and SOuth Pattaya

Phone shop on the corner across from the school

They had a scooter for sale a couple of months back - not sure if still there

I think the price was 60,000

Thanks for the pointer , i checked there today , he has already sold it ,although he did offer to have one made for me ,but i can already order one from BKK ,

Thanks anyway

:o

Hi thanks for the reply ,but i couldn't find that shop , i stoped at the shop on the left as you come of 2 nd road to head back to Jontiem but they didn't know anything about vespas , could you give me a little more information on location , cheers

I think you got the right crossroads but the wrong corner

There are tel shops on both corners

Coming along beach road towards Walking Street - taxis turn left

You come to the x-rds of 2nd and SOuth Pattaya Road (Traffic Lights)

Turn left is second road towards North Pattaya

Turn Right is road to Jomtien

Don't turn

Straight on - Telephone shop is on the corner on the left side of the x-rds - more a stall than a shop

I know it's not quite a Vespa. But what do people think of the Yamaha Fido? I think they look pretty retro and pretty cool but don't know about performance and cost etc.

I already have a Nouvo, which is rented out for the majority of the year and it has gained a surplus of around 30k baht which i want to spend on another bike and rent out when i'm not in LOS.

Pattayaland Soi 3 would be the best place to ask around.

Naka.

Hi i went to soi 3 in pattaya of beach road ,is that the right one because no sign of anything called pattayaland there , and my girlfriend has never heard of pattaya land ,could you give me a few more details of what it is and where it is please,would be much appreciated .

Thanks

I know it's not quite a Vespa. But what do people think of the Yamaha Fido? I think they look pretty retro and pretty cool but don't know about performance and cost etc.

I already have a Nouvo, which is rented out for the majority of the year and it has gained a surplus of around 30k baht which i want to spend on another bike and rent out when i'm not in LOS.

Hi i'm using a Fido now , unfortunaltelly it belongs to my girlfriend and its the designer Burberry colour ,hence my haste at trying to get my own Vespa , She looks great on it as its more of a girls bike if you ask me . I look a right muppet on it but there again most of my friends have told me i dont need the bike for that !!

As for cost ,hers is a high spec designer one and cost around 50,000bt so a normal one would be a lot cheaper i would think ,performance wise it seems fine to me ,twist and i goes ,pretty much all you need .

I like the classic bikes because they never really go out of fashion so are timeless in my opinion , there is a new model of her bike available and she wants to change to it already after having had it only 3 months . Buts thats woman for ya

:o

Thanks for that Vespa :o

I can imagine any man looking a muppet on a Burberry coloured bike :D but i quite like the beige coloured one. My mrs called her mate yesterday (who owns a rental shop in Jomtien) and she said she can get us a basic one for 38,000baht. So i think i might get one when i get back.

There is a group who use my local pub here in the UK, who meet up on sunday's and they all have Lambretta's and Vespa's. Still look cool after all these years. How would you go on for parts in Patters?

Thanks for that Vespa :o

I can imagine any man looking a muppet on a Burberry coloured bike :D but i quite like the beige coloured one. My mrs called her mate yesterday (who owns a rental shop in Jomtien) and she said she can get us a basic one for 38,000baht. So i think i might get one when i get back.

There is a group who use my local pub here in the UK, who meet up on sunday's and they all have Lambretta's and Vespa's. Still look cool after all these years. How would you go on for parts in Patters?

Hi Bo , Yeah around 38 seems about right , i seen them for 39 the other day in the Carefoor , but me missus says the bigger the bike shop you go to the cheaper you get em which makes sense to me ,and since we mentioned them i have noticed plenty of farang fellers troting round on them ,mainly the cream ones so good luck with that .

I am close to getting a Vespa now , have agreed a price for one with a decent chap who contacted me on here ,we are going to try and finish the deal this week ,just have to go change ownership and organise pick up to collect it .

Its a nice old 60's one in two tone red and cream ,needs a bit of work but the seller has mentioned a place out on Sukhemvit called Bobbys vespa i think it was , anyway is a sticker already on the bike with the name of the shop and a contact number ,apparently this feller is the boy when it comes to scooters , so i will be popping in to see the guy to see what he can do for me .

Will keep ya posted on results

Cheers

see ya :D