Football Players

kiakaha

I grew up playing rugby union, never watched or played football. Got so many injuries I lost count. Get booted in the face, rucked down the back, smashed in a tackle....just get up and keep on going !

Now as much as I respect the skill and aerobic fitness levels in football , I just gotta ask..why do football players appear to be such babies when they get a little knock. Are they genuinely complete and utter pussies, or is there something else going on that I am not aware of ?

Someone please enlighten this rugby player.

It is, but I was pretty confused too when I moved to Thailand and learned about the wussie sport of professional soccer (football) and couldn't understand what was going on with all the over acting. Now I know that if they can get the oppposing player fouled by over acting they can quite possibly win the game with that tactic. Can't blame them since the rules are set up that way. You do what you gotta do to win at that level right? Big money involved.

Damian Mavis

Edited by DamianMavis

is this a serious question?

looks like a ''rugger toffs are so tough'' taunt IMO.

no its not.

I've never been a football watcher my whole life. So i'm just trying to understand what the angle is.

in many cases it's just play-acting to con the ref into booking opposing players.

(think this needs to be moved to football forum)

It is the most predictable boring thing for Rugby fans to say about football.

When you play monopoly i bet your the one who says "I wish this was real money".

There are people who dont start playing Rugby/American Football until their 20s and they can make it to the highest level as there is no actual skill involved just a lot of steriods needed and or the ability to be able to run fast.

Latin players be it South American Spanish or Italian are the worst for diving it is an embarrassment as the Brazilian keeper in goal for Milan proved last night.

Footballers are athletes built for turning quickly and being agile theyre not designed to get hit.

Edited by howtoescape

It's sort of like horses. Draught horses are heavy boned & strong, some can move fast, but overall they are made for a heavy strain. Race horses are built for speed. Their musculature and build that gives nimbleness and speed also makes them susceptible to injury. Each is a magnificent animal.

Edited by geriatrickid

The "simulation" or in real language cheating / diving has been introduced to our game by the foreign players from crappy leagues like Portugese , Italian etc. It's true this diving is not accepted by the fans of the premier league & should be dealt with severly by refferees. I also dislike this culture that has crept in our league. It's pathetic seeing a player go down like he's been shot & then rolling about. Restassured (Ronaldo) if a player was really hurt they wouldn't be rolling about in that fashion.

Rant over :o

It is, but I was pretty confused too when I moved to Thailand and learned about the wussie sport of professional soccer (football) and couldn't understand what was going on with all the over acting. Now I know that if they can get the oppposing player fouled by over acting they can quite possibly win the game with that tactic. Can't blame them since the rules are set up that way. You do what you gotta do to win at that level right? Big money involved.

Damian Mavis

Just learned about soccer when you got here? You need a more clearly discernible sarcastic/ironic style. I hope.

The opening post, as mentioned above, is a "done to death" bar-room taunt, a la "baseball is just rounders, isn't that a girl's game?", etc. Heard 'em all by the time I was 12 (41 now, so yeah, it's old).

Edited by calibanjr.

Damian Mavis

Not even an original comment.

What you see on the TV from some of the players diving around does little represent how physicaly tough football can be played in the majority of places. I fails to see a North American enjoying a cold november night in North Cornwall being kicked around by a 6ft 4", 16 stone farmer :D . Beleive me there is nothing soft about it. :D

Now, go back to the USA sports that use all the padding and helmets and are interupted by stoppages every 1 minute. :D

Rant over, as this is a truly poor attempt at trolling in the soccer forum. :o

Edited by mrtoad

Football is a gentleman's game played by thugs while rugby is a thug's game played by gentlemen.

Oh....... P L E A S E...not THAT one again :D

What do we class gridiron as then? Or rounders, sorry, baseball? :o

Football is a gentleman's game played by thugs while rugby is a thug's game played by gentlemen.

You're taking the p!ss, right? Sorry I'm sometimes slow about that sarcasm/irony thing, as I mentioned above.

You're taking the p!ss, right? Sorry I'm sometimes slow about that sarcasm/irony thing, as I mentioned above.

Of course I am. I'm a POM. :D

The main difference between top class footballers and top class*&%#* players is......................................................about £100k a week :D

.....+ trophy wives/gf's (excluding common spice :D ).

images1005853_AbigailClancy_PeterCrouch.jpg

so abbey, what first attracted you to multi-millionaire peter crouch?

:o

The main difference between top class footballers and top class *&%#* players is......................................................about £100k a week :D

.....+ trophy wives/gf's (excluding common spice :D ).

images1005853_AbigailClancy_PeterCrouch.jpg

so abbey, what first attracted you to multi-millionaire peter crouch?

:o

With those two quotes the *&%#* boys and North Americans can go off and play together :D

I grew up playing rugby union, never watched or played football. Got so many injuries I lost count. Get booted in the face, rucked down the back, smashed in a tackle....just get up and keep on going !

Now as much as I respect the skill and aerobic fitness levels in football , I just gotta ask..why do football players appear to be such babies when they get a little knock. Are they genuinely complete and utter pussies, or is there something else going on that I am not aware of ?

I can enlighten you rugby player , football players don't grab each others nad's :o .

I can enlighten you rugby player , football players don't grab each others nad's :o .

You forgot in a tight sweaty huddle Scouse that usually ends up in a huge heep on the ground :D

I can enlighten you rugby player , football players don't grab each others nad's :D .

We just kiss when we score :D:D:o:D .

I jusy wonder if the OP is a Kiwi or an Aussie? If he is, he'll have to concentrate on watching football or maybe some teams from the northern hemisphere who win matches when they count. :o

I jusy wonder if the OP is a Kiwi or an Aussie? If he is, he'll have to concentrate on watching football or maybe some teams from the northern hemisphere who win matches when they count. :o

ouch !!!!!!! :D:D

You reckon I'm right scouse? I think the OP's a Kiwi or an Aussie. Chose a good week didn't he? :D

nothing to talk about now in the *&%#* forum now or probably bored listening to himself as to why no one else should bother turning up to the world cup because they're gonna walk it :o:D

Well, they did some walking alright. Walked all over :D