British Visit Visa

Hi All,

Just wanted to say thanks for all the assistance here on Thai Visa.

My GF now has her 6 month visit visa and we are off in November for the whole tour!

She had to go for interview. It turns out they were concerned about her 2 previous visits to Holland to see her sisters as the sponsors were in 2 different names. They were her 2 sisters husbands. Once this was explained it all went well but the Farang woman was apparantly very harsh to start with. I guess it was to try and throw her off if she was making a story.

Just another thing to mention was the fact that there is a perspex divider with microphone in the interview room and my GF said she felt like a criminal!

I suppose its there to protect the staff should a Thai lady throw one of their famous hissy fits!

Anyway, once again, thanks for all the help, assistance and tips. Its been great help. And we did it without an agent! (One lady waiting with my GF said they paid 70k Baht to an agent!!!!!)

Cheers!

HoJo

Hi All,

Just wanted to say thanks for all the assistance here on Thai Visa.

My GF now has her 6 month visit visa and we are off in November for the whole tour!

She had to go for interview. It turns out they were concerned about her 2 previous visits to Holland to see her sisters as the sponsors were in 2 different names. They were her 2 sisters husbands. Once this was explained it all went well but the Farang woman was apparantly very harsh to start with. I guess it was to try and throw her off if she was making a story.

Just another thing to mention was the fact that there is a perspex divider with microphone in the interview room and my GF said she felt like a criminal!

I suppose its there to protect the staff should a Thai lady throw one of their famous hissy fits!

Anyway, once again, thanks for all the help, assistance and tips. Its been great help. And we did it without an agent! (One lady waiting with my GF said they paid 70k Baht to an agent!!!!!)

Cheers!

HoJo

I'm a sucker for a story with a happy ending

Cheers and have a good trip.

:o:D:D

She had to go for interview. It turns out they were concerned about her 2 previous visits to Holland to see her sisters as the sponsors were in 2 different names. They were her 2 sisters husbands.

Howard

First ....Congratulations

Did she volunteer that information or did the BE know that? That she visited Holland they would know from her passport but the names of the sponsors? Does that mean that the BE now share information with their EU (and maybe other) counterparts?

Edited by Mahout Angrit

Congrats mate.

What reasons to you give to the embo that she would be returning to Thailand after her visit?

Thanks matey......

We are in a slightly different situation as I actually live and work in Thailand. She also has a young daughter and we have the usually financial commitments so I don't think this was not high on the agenda for the embassy.

She had to go for interview. It turns out they were concerned about her 2 previous visits to Holland to see her sisters as the sponsors were in 2 different names. They were her 2 sisters husbands.

Howard

First ....Congratulations

Did she volunteer that information or did the BE know that? That she visited Holland they would know from her passport but the names of the sponsors? Does that mean that the BE now share information with their EU (and maybe other) counterparts?

They saw the 2 Schengen visas in her passport and then it came out over the questioning. I just double checked with her now and it seems that she volunteered the info.