Any One Using A Laptop?

Chaz

I bought a new laptop a couple of weeks ago. It works fine, tremendous in fact. Just a bit worried that it tends to get very warm after about 45 minutes, particularly the touch pad. And sometimes there's a very faint smell of burning plastic. No smoke though! The fan comes on every now and then for a few minutes. I notice that in the shops all the laptops on display are cool to the touch, even though they've probably been on all day.

Any one think this is a problem?

had the same with my dell inspirion.

happens when the heat sinks get clogged with fine dust.

if you're technical open it remove the heat sinks and fan and clean them by blowing in to them or with a brush or an air spray can.

If not have iot done by a technician at the shop..

mine started to suddenly stop because the processor was overheating, after i cleaned it ran fine ever since.

Heat can be a killer for all electronics.

It is not too unusual for the area around the

battery to be warm. But the touchpad ??

You might play safe and take it back to the

vendor and ask for an evaluation and comparison

with other identical machines. It is a 40-70KBaht

investment after all.

Laptops in stores, even when they're on, aren't doing much and so the internal mechanisms tend to throttle down speeds and keep the laptop cool.

You say that you just bought the laptop a couple of weeks ago, so it's unlikely that it suddenly got dirty. The symptoms of a burning smell and the touchpad getting warm are very strange (even though many touchpads are located right over the battery), and I agree that you should have the vendor look at it.

Excessive heat in or around touchpad is abnormal. Same with burnt plastic smell. Also check battery itself for excessive heat.

If unit only a couple weeks old, it should still be within the manufacturers 30 day full-replacement warrenty period.

Recommendation: Have mfr replace unit with new one, not just repair. (Also make sure replacement is a new unit, not a refurbished one.)

Good luck.