Community Events in Chiang Rai

Limbo

ELVIS NEVER DIES

เชียงรายรำลึก

ขอเสนอดารานักแสดง

จิรศักดิ์ ปิ่นสุวรรณ และคณะ

18 สิงหาคม 2554 เวลา19.30-23.00 น.

พบกันที่...ร้านอาหารเอกโอชา (ปากทางแม่ยาว) เครื่องดื่มพร้อม Mixer โซดา น้ำ น้ำแข็ง Pepsi Unlimited Food

บัตรราคา 2,400 บาท สำหรับ 6 ท่าน

ซื้อบัตรได้ที่ร้านอาหารเอกโอชา 053-712543 หรือที่ Meeting Pointโรงแรมไดมอนด์ ปาร์คอินท์

081-9310659

รายได้หลังหักค่าใช้จ่ายสมทบทุนสร้างสนามเด็กเล่นในจังหวัดเชียงราย

Contact 0879215081 or buy ticket at AKEOCHA RESTAURANT 2400 Baht per table

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ELVIS NEVER DIES

เชียงรายรำลึก

ขอเสนอ

จิรศักดิ์ ปิ่นสุวรรณ และคณะ

18 สิงหาคม 2554 เวลา19.30-23.00 น.

พบกันที่...ร้านอาหารเอกโอชา (ปากทางแม่ยาว) เครื่องดื่มพร้อม Mixer โซดา น้ำ น้ำแข็ง Pepsi Unlimited

บัตรราคา 2,400 บาท สำหรับ 6 ท่าน

ซื้อบัตรได้ที่ร้านอาหารเอกโอชา 053-712543 หรือที่ Meeting Pointโรงแรมไดมอนด์ ปาร์คอินท์

081-9310659

รายได้หลังหักค่าใช้จ่ายสมทบทุนสร้างสนามเด็กเล่นในจังหวัดเชียงราย

Aug 18 2011 from 1930 - 2300 at EAK O Cha restaurant phone 053 712 543 or 087 921 5081 for res

• 4 weeks later...

Prataap Jai is happy to announce it's 6th exhibition since opening in April, please come join us for free food, drinks, and music. These events are organized to celebrate (and support) the arts in Chiangrai and also to bridge the cultural gap between foreigners, Thai and (Thai and foreign) travelers in Chiangrai

306963_257346044288341_196890533667226_793360_8030340_n.jpg

This month, Prataap Jai presents images celebrating the cultural diversity of the Northern provinces. Includes images of Lahu, Hmong, Akha and Karen people by Nat Rogers.

Saturday, September 10th, 2011

7:00 pm at Prataap Jai

ประทับไจ เสนอ : ดินแดน และ เผ่าพันธุ์

งานแสดงภาพถ่าย โดย แนท โรเจอร์

----------------------------------------

ภาพถ่ายแสดงถึงความหลากหลายทางวัฒนธรรม ของชนเผ่าที่อาศัยอยู่ทางภาคเหนือของประเทศไทย อาทิ ลาหู่, ม้ง, อาข่า และกะเหรี่ยง

-----------------------------------------

วันเสาร์ที่ 10 กันยายน เวลา 19.00 น. ณ ร้านประทับไจ

www.natrogers.com.au

www.prataapjai.com

http://www.facebook....pJaiEarthAndAir

• 2 months later...

Some call it wild or Mexican sunflowers, some 'buatong'...

This weekend, 19 and 20 November, at Doi Hua Mae Kham the annual Sunflower Festival

takes place again. Sometimes it is also called the Hill Tribe Culture Festival.

Food, shows, dances, you name it!

And all this in a very beautiful mountainous landscape close to the Burmese border.

GT-Rider has some good information about it.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . post-6305-0-39321200-1321585348_thumb.jp

It's about 100 km from Chiang Rai town: from Maechan a few kilometers to the north,

then to the left at the traffic lights in Ban Pasang, the road to Doi Mae Salong thus.

After ten kilometers, nor far from Katiliya Resort and Spa, you will see the beautiful

creation of architect and national artist acharn Chulathat Kitibutr at your left:

The Manee Dheva restaurant and spa.

A well-balanced eclectic mix of Lanna, Balinese and modern elements.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . post-6305-0-13517900-1321585431_thumb.jp

When you come at the 'saam-yek' about 12 kilometer before Doi Mae Salong you go straight

on to Hin Taek, the former stronghold of Khun Sa, now renamed into Therd (Thoedt) Thai.

I guess Ban Hua Mae Kham will be another 20 km after Hin Taek.

Limbo :yohan:

• 4 weeks later...

Saturday evening, roughly 6 to 9 pm, at Boomerang Park: get-together with music, drums, guitar, sing-a-long. Also campfire and snacks. It's planned to have get-togethers there weekly. all welcome, no fee.

How to get there: NW out of C.Rai, over Mae Fa Luang bridge. 1 Km onmain road through Ban Nam Lat. Left (west) on Soi 5, Boomerang is 2 Km on right.

• 2 weeks later...

Saturday, Dec. 24, from dusk until ......?

get-together again around a campfire - with drumming, singing, good cheer.

At Boomerang Park.

directions: 1 Km northwest from Mae Fa Luang bridge (thru Ban Nam Lat)

left on soi 5 (west), 2 Km, Boomerang on the right.

Currently on show at the Black Village - until the 6th january - is an art exhibition of Thai artists works. Normally exhibited down in BKK (and sponsered by the Bangkok Bank Ltd.) the Bua Luang exhibition features approx. 45 works of art in mixed media, some of traditional styling, others very contemporary.

Worth a look see. Entrance to the exhibition is free and it is held inside the large 'banqueting' hall.

no get-together at Boomerang park this Saturday, as it's New Year's Eve. Planning on meeting again on subsequent Saturday evenings though. On the previous get-together, a minstral played a bunch of 60's and 70's oldies on the guitar - with sing-alongs. The Saturday before that, was mostly drum circle with two digureedoo (sp?) players. Plus some young Thai women danced traditional Thai dance around the campfire. On January 8th, we expect more drum circle players, along with more oldies sing-alongs, with or without harmonic back-up vocals.

• 3 weeks later...

It's only indirectly a community activity related to Chiang Rai, but worth to be mentioned:

The 24 hours of Dubai of last week!

The second price for participating clubs went to the gentlemen behind the wheel of the Ford Mustang

FR500 GT3, that was flying the flags of the Chao Phya Abhai Raja Siammanukulkij Foundation in

Mae Chan.

The Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 of Jeroen Bleekemolen, of the Team Black Falcon, was the winning

car with not less than 628 rounds.

For the Ford with chassis #002 is was the last race. After Dubai it gets its livery of the 24 hours of

Spa 2010 back (there the Mae Chan related text disappears) and it will be on display in the museum

of the Circuit of Francorchamps in Stavelot.

It was the seventh edition of the race and it had the strongest participation ever.

A great homage for this car in its last race! And an enormous performance of its pilots!

Gratulations!

Limbo neus.gif

post-6305-0-65296300-1326718084_thumb.jp

• 4 weeks later...

"Worldcolors."

There is a lot of advertising going on at the moment for a music and cultural event to be held later this month. 23-26thFebruary.

The official website says that it will be held from 4pm onwards (presumably on each of these dates) and the aim is "to celebrate humanity in her myriad colors" on the 750th anniversary of CR.

It will feature, apparently, a mix of Thai, hill tribe, and international music and culture. It reports acts from USA, aboriginal Australian music, 'Afro-Aussie', Lahu, Punjabi, Hmong etc.

The venue is reported to be at "The circle of Culture" on the NamKok, 'on the way to the airport'................. Does anyone have any idea where exactly it will be held?????

With help from Woraphat and a bit of walking around this morning- the Circle of Culture has been found. It's at the Flower show site -and is (yes!) the big concrete circle where the Akha swing and hilltribe buildings were. They were erecting a stage there this morning.

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from the World Colors @ Chiangrai thingy where the hilltribe houses from the Flower Festival still are. Todd TongDi was MC - he's been on many a Thai stage for well over 2 decades, speaks Thai quite well. Tomorrow, Sunday, is the last day, with School Shows starting at 6 pm, Ongsasin Cnetral Rhythm at 7 then Hmong Superstar, World Colors of Lahu, Dara-ang, PuTai and Kamu... lastly, at 10:30 a Farewell Jam.

In all, nicely weird, with a tiny yurt, a teepee made of crepe or something, a Thai on digereedoo, a Lakota hoop dancer/flutist who looked and spoke quite White by me... some interesting write-ups (including about Lanna trade with Mongolia - I'd LOVE to see evidence of THAT!!!), and lots of food, handicrafts and drinks. Oh, and Karen kids were doing a neat dance between moving bamboo poles. Plenty of parking, all free.

• 3 weeks later...

On March 31st there is going to be an "Open House' at Le Meridien resort. Open from 9am until 9pm, with free entrance. It is a 'one of a kind social and cultural event' in 'celebration of Chiang rai's 750th anniversary'. The event is being co-produced by Prataap Jai. The event will include a one day only art exhibition featuring many of CR province's most well- known artists, fashion show(S) org. by Chez moi, etc etc etc. All designed to showcase WHAT CHIANGRAI HAS TO OFFER.

If you don't yet know.... please save the date! That's right! On the 31st of this month Prataap Jai will be holding an outdoor gallery exhibition at Le Meridian Chiang Rai. In addition, we will be putting on the opening ceremony. Registration is at 9, come see local talent present this event by 10! Come one, come all!

I went to one of the four evenings of music last month. It might have been the same venue that Joel refers to as World Colors @ Chiangrai I believe it was put on by a farang named 'Todd.' I spoke with Todd on the phone, prior to the events. Nice fellow. The venue was at a large parcel by the river, alongside a college - by the bridge just east (downriver) of the main 'super hwy' bridge.

I chose the night which featured 'American music.' I didn't stay long enough to hear the featured music, as the sound system was too loud for the opening acts. The Hill tribe performances looked good (and I wanted to enjoy them), but the sound was so loud that the fidelity was abysmal and hurt my ears. I'm not saying this to find fault, but to hopefully offer a suggestion for improving future performances.

Note to organizers: If you hire a Thai crew to do the sound for the stage, they're going to crank up their equipment as loud as mechanically possible. Fidelity (quality of sound) seems to be an alien concept in Thailand. Even with earplugs, there would still be the grainy, poppy sound, even if the volume was muffled.

On March 31st there is going to be an "Open House' at Le Meridien resort. Open from 9am until 9pm, with free entrance. It is a 'one of a kind social and cultural event' in 'celebration of Chiang rai's 750th anniversary'. The event is being co-produced by Prataap Jai. The event will include a one day only art exhibition featuring many of CR province's most well- known artists, fashion show(S) org. by Chez moi, etc etc etc. All designed to showcase WHAT CHIANGRAI HAS TO OFFER.

Anyone going?

Anyone going?

I'm going - am scheduled to do a solo set of music mid-afternoon. Planning oldies, motown, blues.

Heard it's a free event. Fashion show later on (I'm not one of the models, sorry).

• 3 weeks later...

Community Events! Well... sorry to say there will be no more community events at Prataap Jai (which is now for sale) in the classifieds section of Thai Visa. But we are planning on maintaining a community calendar. I don't know if this is the kind of thing that gets removed from Thai Visa or not, but if you know of any events coming up in Chiang Rai feel free to upload them to the Prataap jai event calendar on our website. We will post both Thai and Expat based events in the province. Thanks all and a second thanks to all those who came out to see Prataap Jai's Outdoor Gallery at Le Meridian Chiang Rai's Open House. If anyone has any feedback about the event feel free to send me a line and I will see it gets to LMCR.

A.

Community Events! Well... sorry to say there will be no more community events at Prataap Jai (which is now for sale) in the classifieds section of Thai Visa. But we are planning on maintaining a community calendar. I don't know if this is the kind of thing that gets removed from Thai Visa or not, but if you know of any events coming up in Chiang Rai feel free to upload them to the Prataap jai event calendar on our website. We will post both Thai and Expat based events in the province. Thanks all and a second thanks to all those who came out to see Prataap Jai's Outdoor Gallery at Le Meridian Chiang Rai's Open House. If anyone has any feedback about the event feel free to send me a line and I will see it gets to LMCR.

A.

Very sad to see you couldnt make a go of it.

I really wanted to go to some of your things but it is a bit difficult for me. I hope things work out better with whatever you manage to find to do.

A.

Glad to see you will still be around CR.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this a "community event"? They're out protesting again, this time at the "new" airport, protesting the rapidly increasing cost of living. Wonder if they'll keep voting for their purported "heros" Mr T and Younger Sister?

Also, anyone else notice that when the flooding emptied Big C and Tops Super of packaged goods, Taan PiiRiiya opened several new stores full of goodies? Considering recent rains, I'd say getting ready to stock up is a good idea! I sure miss Tops Super Appy Plaza; the one by Edison sells hardly anything, the one at Central/Robinson, well, at least it has some good fresh stuff... (while adding to our cost of living increases).

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So where do folks go to read about the events in town? We saw the sunday bicycle club rolling by...but they must be listed somewhere....

Banners over and along the streets are the best source of information.

And mouth to mouth.

Limbo.

Does anyone know if the cycling group is still happening? Any more info available?

Ta

Archived