Eva Air Gate And Transit Time ?

merijn

Maybe a strange question.

My parents are coming to Thailand to visit me and are travelling on EVA AIR from Amsterdam and need to transfer to there flight to Phuket.

They have 2.45 Hrs time according the schedule.

Can anybody tell me which gate Eva Air is normally using for there plane at Suvarnabhumi airport and how long they need to do the transfer to the domestic plane.

The Phuket plane ( Thai Airways ) is also leaving from Suvarnabhumi but they need an new boarding card and have to do the immigration. ( according the new policy )

My parents are almost 80 years and don’t speak English but are very healthy.

All info is welcome so I can help them with there transfer. They survived also Don Muang in the past.

My parents are coming to Thailand to visit me and are travelling on EVA AIR from Amsterdam and need to transfer to there flight to Phuket.

Can anybody tell me which gate Eva Air is normally using for there plane at Suvarnabhumi airport and how long they need to do the transfer to the domestic plane.

The Phuket plane ( Thai Airways ) is also leaving from Suvarnabhumi but they need an new boarding card and have to do the immigration. ( according the new policy )

All info is welcome so I can help them with there transfer. They survived also Don Muang in the past.

2.45 ought to be plenty of time. But the gate situation is very unstable at the moment so there's no telling where they are going to come in.

My suggestion would be that you ask EVA Air to provide a little extra service for your parents, from receiving them at Suvarnabhumi, and taking them through the procedure until they get to the gate for the Phuket flight. Alternatively, Thai may also provide the service as they are the one handling the connecting flight.

2.45 ought to be plenty of time. But the gate situation is very unstable at the moment so there's no telling where they are going to come in.

My suggestion would be that you ask EVA Air to provide a little extra service for your parents, from receiving them at Suvarnabhumi, and taking them through the procedure until they get to the gate for the Phuket flight. Alternatively, Thai may also provide the service as they are the one handling the connecting flight.

Thanks for the answer, one final question.

Can they route there luggage from Amsterdam al the way to Phuket.

For so far i know this should be possible but there travel shop in Holland told them that this was not possible??

Thanks for the answer, one final question.

Can they route there luggage from Amsterdam al the way to Phuket.

For so far i know this should be possible but there travel shop in Holland told them that this was not possible??

That depends on how the booking was made. If both segments are on the same ticket (AMS-BKK, BKK-HKT) then they can usually route luggage to the final destination.

However - in this case, you said they are going through immigration in Bangkok - which means that they have to go through Customs in Bangkok - which means they need their suitcases. The best thing, again, is to ask the Eva or Thai staff that comes to help them - they will ensure that the luggage gets to its final destination with the least amount of trouble.

They will have to go through immigration an customs in BKK, then go upstairs to the Thai airways domestic check in.

This can be a bit tedious. Last month I waited 45 minutes to get through immigration.

If you parents are strong and ambulatory it shouldn't be a problem. But by the time they arrive in BKK and wait through customs they will be fatigued.

Otherwise you have them request wheelchair assistance. This will expedite them through immigration, customs and up to Thai Airways. You need to request the wheelchair assistance prior to departing the point of origin. Preferably before they arrive at the airport. Then EVA will have everything lined up.

I came in just last week from Singapore.

There were long lines before the immigration desks.

I was with my wife so we went to the Thai line so passed it within 15 minutes.

I saw all people with foreign passports taking about 1hr to pass immigration.

They checked everything very thorough!!!

llk

Very bad news.

Much worse than previous years.

It will end up doing irreperable damage to their tourist industry if they don't sort this out.:o

Hi everybody,

Thanks for the info, My parents don't have to do the normal immigration on the airport like when you stay in Bangkok.

But if you transfer to a domestic flight you also have to do the immigration when you go to the domestic gates. ( separate immigrations desk by transfer ticket counter )

My only concern if they can route there bags from Amsterdam all the way to Phuket. ( Eva IAr and Thai Airways )

Does anybody have info about this ?

Very bad news.

Much worse than previous years.

It will end up doing irreperable damage to their tourist industry if they don't sort this out.:o

Hi everybody,

Thanks for the info, My parents don't have to do the normal immigration on the airport like when you stay in Bangkok.

But if you transfer to a domestic flight you also have to do the immigration when you go to the domestic gates. ( separate immigrations desk by transfer ticket counter )

My only concern if they can route there bags from Amsterdam all the way to Phuket. ( Eva IAr and Thai Airways )

Does anybody have info about this ?

You should call EVA in Amsterdam to see if the bags can be checked through to Phuket.

If not the bags will end up on the same carrousel with everyone else. In which case they will likely have to go through customs and immigration with everyone else.

I'm not aware of a separate immigration by the transfer area. Which would be handy as I fly EVA into BKK to connect with a Thai airways to Phuket a couple times a year.

I've checked bags on a EVA Air flight through to domestic TG flights with no problems (even when ive booked the tickets separately). As there is no need to go through immigration until they reach Phuket the transfer at Suvarnabhumi is fairly simple. As suggested it's worth asking if Thai can provide a meet and greet at the gate, particularly if the flight is delayed. I did the transfer with less than 50 mins to spare once as my EVA flight was delayed slightly. I made the domestic flight but my bags didnt! Thai put them on the next flight and delivered them to the place where i was staying. No big deal for me but just something you might want to be aware of when packing ! But 2.5 hours is plenty ...chances are your folks will have time to kill at the airport :-)

Merijn ,

Contact Eva and ask them for wheelchair assistance in BKK for one of your parents, saying this person has difficulty to walk long distances, let alone when carrying luggage. You will get wheelchaired all the way to your connecting flight in BKK and whisk though passport, immigration, secutiry and other difficulties till the gate where your TG is leaving.

Have a nice holiday.

Merijn ,

Contact Eva and ask them for wheelchair assistance in BKK for one of your parents, saying this person has difficulty to walk long distances, let alone when carrying luggage. You will get wheelchaired all the way to your connecting flight in BKK and whisk though passport, immigration, secutiry and other difficulties till the gate where your TG is leaving.

Have a nice holiday.

The above is correct and the only way for your parents.

My elderly mother, mid eighties, uses Eva and to be honest they have been nothing but brilliant with their service.