Openoffice

waveydavey

Yeah, I erased a bootleg copy of MS OFFICE from my laptop as the cursor was jumping all over the screen when in WORD or EXCEL (still got the same problem)...what about uploading/down loading email attachments in OpenOffice?...for example, a lot of recruiters/employers want to see resumes in MS WORD format. Can they download an OpenOffice attachment without having installed the software? If so could they easily convert the document to WORD format after downloading if they needed to? What about the reverse?

thanx

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Depends on what you want to use it for. I tried it a few years back and it simply wasn't possible to edit Word documents with it.

By 'edit' I mean opening a Word document somebody sent, editing it, and saving it back into Word format so the person sending it can open it in Word. I tried to do it but Open Office screwed up the formatting so it was just not feasible.

As for features, usability, I found it better than MS Office. I guess it would work fine if you just occasionally open Word docs other ppl send you and if you don't need to send Word documents to others. Like, you only send people PDFs like a civilized person :o

Open Office can open and save MS Word documents.

However I usually send out any document in .pdf fromat.

Open Office has the ability to generate these for you.

Just click on the PDF button on the tool bar. :o

Open Office can open and save MS Word documents.

However I usually send out any document in .pdf fromat.

Open Office has the ability to generate these for you.

Just click on the PDF button on the tool bar. :o

izzat right? I know that everyone has the ability to read .pdf files as this can be downloaded for free but the Acrobat software to generate them has to be bought and is expensive plus a scanner, etc...

a very attractive feature indeed as per a number of comments on this sub-forum .pdf has become the preferred format for attachments...