Mae Sai Shopping Trip

Maejo Man

MM, if no one who NEEDS to go for a visa run responds, I'll tag along with you just to keep company. I have a retirement extension with multi-entry option....can either wait for you in Mae Sai, or enter Tachilek. Maybe buy a bottle of the much vaunted Mandalay rum, etc. Let me know if you have any takers....:o

McG

MM, if no one who NEEDS to go for a visa run responds, I'll tag along with you just to keep company. I have a retirement extension with multi-entry option....can either wait for you in Mae Sai, or enter Tachilek. Maybe buy a bottle of the much vaunted Mandalay rum, etc. Let me know if you have any takers....:o

McG

Mandalay Rum!! If you can find that, do you know where to find Mandalay 'Gin?' It tastes just like Bombay Sapphire, but only costs 60 baht a bottle!!

I'm specifically looking for 'Mandalay' Gin, not 'Myanmar' gin.

Can you give me some shopping directions?

Edited by FolkGuitar

Mandalay Rum!! If you can find that, do you know where to find Mandalay 'Gin?' It tastes just like Bombay Sapphire, but only costs 60 baht a bottle!!

I'm specifically looking for 'Mandalay' Gin, not 'Myanmar' gin.

Can you give me some shopping directions?

It is pretty similar in taste, but that's where the resemblence ends :o I bought some a while ago at one of the Chinese grog shops in Tatchilek and the cost was 80 baht I'll keep my eyes open for you, and if I find a bottle I'll grab it fot you.