R.e.p.s School In Ban Chang - Fantastic!

EmCross

We have just enrolled our two children in to REPS (Rayong English Program School) School in Ban Chang near Rayong and I can not believe the change in my children after the first few days!

The school has just moved in to a new purpose built building which is really nice with excellent facilities the difference between this and BEST school even the new building is unbelievable.

It is next door to the Garden International school and they share a lot of the sports facilities so the kids have a proper playing field with grass, football pitch, basketball court etc and a large swimming pool where they swim every week as part of the curriculum.

The atmosphere is friendly and helpful and the English teachers and all the other staff are great. It is clean and health conscious with clean toilets (with toilet paper and soap) and an indoor canteen and kitchen that cook fresh healthy food every day (the kids love the food) and no unhealthy snack food in sight.

I could go on and on with the list but anyone who has kids at BEST school and are not happy I really urge you to go take a look at this school as a comparison. The teachers are helpful and polite and ALL speak a bit of English (even the Thai teachers) and the change in my kids in these first few days almost made me cry, they are happy and look forward to going to school.

We had almost given up hope of finding a school (that we could afford) where our children would be happy and the standard of education would be a reasonable standard with some extra help at home but our first impressions of this school are very positive and encouraging. :o

They do provide a school bus from the Pattaya and surrounding area so it possible to have your children collected and dropped off each day and the roads are not as difficult as central Pattaya and Sukhumvit which is a nightmare.

I,m glad that your children seem to be happy now. :o

I have a child at B.E.S.T and was looking at REPS as an option.

Fortunately i have a new job now in Bangkok where my employer pays for an International School so thats a big plus for me. :D

Edited by Manchester

Sounds interesting ,how much is it per term?

For Primary aged children 40,800THB per term and that includes everything and a 10% discount for subsequant children; by the time you have added on all the extras at BEST the books the food etc it is not much more expensive at REPS and much better value for money in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you please give me some more information - phone number or e-mail address - and who to contact. I have 4 kids at B.E.S.T. right now (the eldest is in S2) so am also looking for a reasonably priced semi-international type school for him in a couple of years time. :o

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The first thing you see as you enter the REPS compound is the childrens play area (slides, climbing apparatus etc) on bare concrete, no rubber tiles or any sort of protection to stop a kid smashing his head open if falling down.

Despite promises being made, nothing has been done as yet, its a disaster waiting to happen.

Cheers.

The first thing you see as you enter the REPS compound is the childrens play area (slides, climbing apparatus etc) on bare concrete, no rubber tiles or any sort of protection to stop a kid smashing his head open if falling down.

Despite promises being made, nothing has been done as yet, its a disaster waiting to happen.

Cheers.

This is truly frightening! Parents should get together and DEMAND that something is done immediately.

...and you can always nip into one of the nearby bars while waiting for your kids!!!

That Its not true. The bars are actually far away from the school. Its located at banchang town. Our school is located in Pala. Its very quiet and peaceful. And it is close to the beach as well.

...and you can always nip into one of the nearby bars while waiting for your kids!!!

That Its not true. The bars are actually far away from the school. Its located at banchang town. Our school is located in Pala. Its very quiet and peaceful. And it is close to the beach as well.

So lets get this right, you live in Pattaya (Tesco Lotus on Sukhumvit), drive to collect your kids in Bang Chang, decide to visit a hostelry whilst you are waiting, and you suggest driving back to Pattaya!, I think words like, life and get one come to mind.

Bang Chang bars are at most a 4 or 5 minute drive from the school, der.............................

• 5 months later...
So lets get this right, you live in Pattaya (Tesco Lotus on Sukhumvit), drive to collect your kids in Bang Chang, decide to visit a hostelry whilst you are waiting, and you suggest driving back to Pattaya!, I think words like, life and get one come to mind.

Bang Chang bars are at most a 4 or 5 minute drive from the school, der.............................

If its such a huge problem that there are bars at 5 minutes drive from a school then I suggest that ALL SHOOLS in Thailand close their doors.

If its such a huge problem that there are bars at 5 minutes drive from a school then I suggest that ALL SCHOOLS in Thailand close their doors.

I agree with baskje on this. Close all the schools everywhere and then we won't have the nonsense with supermarkets stopping beer and liquor sales between certain hours.

Cheers.

This is truly frightening! Parents should get together and DEMAND that something is done immediately.

When i was at school there wasn't any protection on the floor around the play area either and that was in the UK.

Whether that is still the case today, im not sure, suggest they move the play area on to a grass floor if possible, otherwise take away the climbing frame, slide shouldn't be a problem though as long as it's got high sides.

my 9 yr old english, non thai speaking son has started at reps today. :D

there giving him a free 3 days to let him make some freinds before the next term starts in october.

worth mentioning that they are now from next term introducing an admission fee :o of about 11k baht i think.

does anyone know, or could someone please give me lat/long location for the school in google maps please ? my internet is only gprs/edge and map load times to try and find the school are terrible. .. trying to work out the shortest route from mabrachan lake area to the school so looking at the map seems a good start

42km each way using the main roads.

there giving him a free 3 days to let him make some freinds before the next term starts in october.

worth mentioning that they are now from next term introducing an admission fee :o of about 11k baht i think.

does anyone know, or could someone please give me lat/long location for the school in google maps please ? my internet is only gprs/edge and map load times to try and find the school are terrible. .. trying to work out the shortest route from mabrachan lake area to the school so looking at the map seems a good start

Latitude 12°41'30.68"N

Longitude 101° 2'49.35"E

Driving directions to "Garden School"45.1 km – about 58 minsicon_greenA.pngicon_greenA.png"Lakeside Estates"Unknown road 1.Head south0.1 km2.Turn right toward 20100.2 km3.Turn left toward 20100.3 km4.Turn right at 20102.4 km5.Slight left to stay on 20100.2 km6.Turn left toward 32400.3 km7.Slight right at 32401.5 km8.Take the ramp to National Highway No. 360.2 km9.Keep left at the fork to continue toward National Highway No. 36 and merge onto National Highway No. 360.6 km10.Make a U-turn8.6 km11.Make a U-turn0.6 km12.Take the ramp to 3310.5 km13.Keep left at the fork to continue toward 331 and merge onto 33120.0 km14.Turn left at Phlu Ta Luang 397.5 km15.Turn right at Thetsaban 341.7 km16.Sharp right0.1 km17.Turn left0.1 km18.Turn left77 micon_greenB.pngicon_greenB.png"Garden School"Unknown road

I had this route set up from Lakeside Estates on Soi Siam to Garden School (same location as REPS) I don't live here so cannot attest to it's accuracy. I was just playing around one day.

Hope this might help.

worth mentioning that they are now from next term introducing an admission fee :D of about 11k baht i think.

Hi mate,

I was coincidental in the school today at the same time as you,maybe you saw my bike parked at the office.I put the coordinates in my gps at the entrance of the Garden international school and it reads as follows.N12 41.580 E101 02.853.

I was there to ask for info to admit a four and a half year old boy to the kindergarten and the lady told me that there were no admission fees for next term yet. :o

worth mentioning that they are now from next term introducing an admission fee :D of about 11k baht i think.

Hi mate,

I was coincidental in the school today at the same time as you,maybe you saw my bike parked at the office.I put the coordinates in my gps at the entrance of the Garden international school and it reads as follows.N12 41.580 E101 02.853.

I was there to ask for info to admit a four and a half year old boy to the kindergarten and the lady told me that there were no admission fees for next term yet. :o

ah yes .. i think i may recall you .. you were sitting in recpetion talking to K.Pom ..

admision fees start next term they said , so if we pay the deposit now we don't have to pay . i hope this is right as so many things change in LOS as we go along .. lol

i gave the wrong price for the new admision fee above , its 20k not 11k as i put..

a great shame they bringing this in really, as it does put parents off testing the water.

my 9 year old is loving the place so far. although he only did 3 days this week, and now there on holiday for 4 weeks.

my other english 3 year old (will be 4 november) will also be coming over soon and going there as well , so the more farangs the better .. lol

they are very very helpfull and freindly at the school, a breath of fresh air after seeing other english programme schools !!!