Northern Mountain Tops' Temperature Drops To 8 Celsius

george

Northern mountain tops' temperature drops to 8 Celsius

CHIANG MAI: -- Temperature on mountain tops in northern province Tuesday could drop to 8 Celsius degree, the Meteorological Department announced.

It its morning forecast issue at 4 am, the department said the lowest temperatures from 6 am Tuesday to 6 am Wednesday on tops of mountains in northern provinces could range between 8 to 12 degrees.

The department said a new high-pressure mass from China has moved down to cover the upper part of Thailand, causing the temperature in the North and Northeast to further drop.

It said the lowest temperature in the low-land in northern provinces would be 17 degree.

The temperature on tops of mountains in northeastern provinces would be between 12 to 15 degree.

It said the lowest temperature in Bangkok would be 23 degree.

-- The Nation 2008-10-30

As best as I can tell there is exactly one electric space heater for sale (not one brand, one heater) in all of Chiang Mai. (Of course I'm sure that not true, I'm speaking hyperbolically) It is at Robinson at Central Airport and is priced at 6000 baht. I posted looking for a cheaper one a few days ago, but Home Pro, which seemed the best advice, does not have them. Has anyone seen a cheaper one?

6000 B for a space heater is ludicrous. I would do what my English grandparents did in their house- wear a sweater indoors, and drink lots of nice hot tea.

I remember a few years ago it was so cold that I used a hair dryer to warm under the blankets before I got into bed. Tried finding heaters then and Central had tower stylized heaters but way too expensive, 6000 - 8000 Baht! Suspect this will be a cool winter season also and will try to beat ricklev to Global House before they're gone. :o

6000 B for a space heater is ludicrous. I would do what my English grandparents did in their house- wear a sweater indoors, and drink lots of nice hot tea.

I remember a few years ago it was so cold that I used a hair dryer to warm under the blankets before I got into bed. Tried finding heaters then and Central had tower stylized heaters but way too expensive, 6000 - 8000 Baht! Suspect this will be a cool winter season also and will try to beat ricklev to Global House before they're gone. :o

I spent a few years living in broken down vans,derelict trailers and a hastily built shanty during my harshest oppression. I often woke up with my water frozen rock hard. Through it all I kept my bed warm by placing a low wattage electric blanket between the mattress and a heavy blanket that I used as a mattress liner. Product use info warns against that type of use but I felt the rewards were worth the risks. The heat built up in the mattress and blankets lasted all night, even at over 30 below. The setting I used was only about 15 watts and I was careful to unplug the blanket before going to sleep.

Must have been 8 to 10 years ago that temperatures dropped to 3 or 4 degrees celcius in the night in Sankhampeang. Haven't had it that cold since.

So maybe this cold season will be the same again?

Nienke

As best as I can tell there is exactly one electric space heater for sale (not one brand, one heater) in all of Chiang Mai. (Of course I'm sure that not true, I'm speaking hyperbolically) It is at Robinson at Central Airport and is priced at 6000 baht. I posted looking for a cheaper one a few days ago, but Home Pro, which seemed the best advice, does not have them. Has anyone seen a cheaper one?

Saw some couple years ago in Siam TV for 2-3000 and I thought they were expensive at the time.