Dolphins At Chantiburi

wileycoyote

Hopefully,we might get this orgainsed soon,

Does anyone know if the fee is 400 Baht.

Any tips,feedback etc

:o Wiley Coyote

Located in Laem Singh it is called Oasis Sea World only about 15min from Chanthaburi. Give James a call at the Le Village De Napoleon resort just down the road from sea world and I am sure they would be happy to answer your questions. 039-444-575 or email: [email protected] or their web page at; www.mychantaburi.com

Hope this helps: Jim

I took my folks there last year.

It's a very long drive, but it was worth it. A very nice place, and you can swim with the dolphins, if you want to.

There's some nice waterfalls to visit on the way back, if you can stomach the outrageous dual pricing.

Any tips,feedback etc

Located in Laem Singh it is called Oasis Sea World only about 15min from Chanthaburi. Give James a call at the Le Village De Napoleon resort just down the road from sea world and I am sure they would be happy to answer your questions. 039-444-575 or email: [email protected] or their web page at; www.mychantaburi.com

Hope this helps: Jim

Many Thanks,Jim

This will help a lot

:D Wiley Coyote

Hopefully,we might get this orgainsed soon,

Does anyone know if the fee is 400 Baht.

Any tips,feedback etc

What's the excitement of "Swimming with the dolphins"

Long drive from Bangkok to Chantaburi

How about Samut Prakan - much closer

"Swim with the crocodiles" much more exciting!! and you will get a lot more snaps

Ive been a few time to Oasis World, but last year we arrived to find them fully booked and we couldn't swim with the dolphins. 3 weeks ago I went again but this time Googled Oasis and got their telephone number. I was able to make a booking and prepay into their bank account to secure. No problem. only 2.5hours drive to get there.

Swimming with the fish at the close by waterfall (also details on Oasis website) was awesome too although yes the dual pricing really does grate. 40baht for Thai 400baht for foreigner!

Ive been a few time to Oasis World, but last year we arrived to find them fully booked and we couldn't swim with the dolphins. 3 weeks ago I went again but this time Googled Oasis and got their telephone number. I was able to make a booking and prepay into their bank account to secure. No problem. only 2.5hours drive to get there.

Swimming with the fish at the close by waterfall (also details on Oasis website) was awesome too although yes the dual pricing really does grate. 40baht for Thai 400baht for foreigner!

Does a Thai driving license get you in here for the Thai price ? Or a non immigrant visa ? Or the fact that you live here ? I would turn round and come back to spite them.

Anyone here got a PR card or whatever it is so we can photoshop it ?

Actually I will never go there until I know that I don't have to pay the "Foreigner" price of Bt180 in against the Thai Bt90 and with foreign children being charged Bt180 as well I would not pi55 on the place if it was on fire.

So how much for my daughter ? Mixed race, 3 months old and certainly less than 1m tall ?

I can't remember the exact prices, but 90/180 Baht sounds about right.

Dual pricing is a well travelled subject, and we all have our opinions, and though I am basically against it, I don't have a major problem with a 100% mark up for foreigners.

What I have a problem with is the 1,000% mark up at many National Parks. A nearby waterfall to Oasis World is 40/400Baht. IMHO that is just taking the piss - big time - and keeping many tourists away. It is also more than we would pay at many such places in the west.

BTW, everyone is saying it's only a 21/2 hour drive. Well that's a 5 hour round trip, plus a long day at the Dolphin Park, plus maybe other stop offs. Certainly do-able, but be prepared for a long-ish drive back - maybe in the dark - at the end of a long, tiring day.

No real problem with tourists being charged a little more though I'm against the practice if I am honest. However, I live here so I am neither Thai nor a tourist.

What I would like would be some sort of annual card which, for a fee, reduced the rates and this being available to Thais as well. Then all we residents could get one price and the tourists could decide whether to purchase the card or pay a higher price. Just pricing on skin colour and ethnic derivation is wrong.