Délifrance's Marketing Strategy

tropo

I was walking past Délifrance at Royal Garden Plaza and stopped to look at their meal photo displays out the front.

The meals looked fine so I decided to eat there... my very first time in a Délifrance.

I looked over their menu which has photos of every meal and chose a beef stew with mashed potatoes.

When the meal arrived I had a look at the photo again and questioned the waiter whether they had given me the right meal. What was served was totally different from the photo in every possible way. It was on a different plate and looked like a soup rather than the stew shown in the photo. It was a totally different colour and much smaller too. The meal was 169 baht, but not worth 50 baht IMO...with instant mashed potatoes.

It was probably one of the most bland tasting stews I've ever eaten, but that wouldn't have been a problem if it at least looked the same as on the menu, but they didn't even try.

I told the waiter that this is just not right....at which time he pointed (he seemed well rehearsed) to some fine print on the menu stating that the photos do not necessarily give an exact representation of the meals served.

No kidding! I would never have ordered the meal if the photographic evidence was accurate.

Although meal photos at many restaurants do not exactly match the served meal, in this case I felt like I'd been robbed.

But of course it's ok because they have a disclaimer on the menu. :o

I was walking past Délifrance at Royal Garden Plaza and stopped to look at their meal photo displays out the front.

The meals looked fine so I decided to eat there... my very first time in a Délifrance.

I looked over their menu which has photos of every meal and chose a beef stew with mashed potatoes.

When the meal arrived I had a look at the photo again and questioned the waiter whether they had given me the right meal. What was served was totally different from the photo in every possible way. It was on a different plate and looked like a soup rather than the stew shown in the photo. It was a totally different colour and much smaller too. The meal was 169 baht, but not worth 50 baht IMO...with instant mashed potatoes.

It was probably one of the most bland tasting stews I've ever eaten, but that wouldn't have been a problem if it at least looked the same as on the menu, but they didn't even try.

I told the waiter that this is just not right....at which time he pointed (he seemed well rehearsed) to some fine print on the menu stating that the photos do not necessarily give an exact representation of the meals served.

No kidding! I would never have ordered the meal if the photographic evidence was accurate.

Although meal photos at many restaurants do not exactly match the served meal, in this case I felt like I'd been robbed.

But of course it's ok because they have a disclaimer on the menu. :o

I have eaten both there and at the branch in the Big C and always enjoyed the food which in my opinion has always been good value for money. Their apricot danish by the way is delicious.

Photographs rarely equate to the dishes served in most fast food restaurants...and it looks as though they have covered themselves with the small print.

Ever got a Burger from McD, a Pizza from Pizza Hut, any dish, item looking exactly the same as on the advertising Pic?

there are specialized FOOD-Photographers, great Job!

There is already a Magazine on "Food-Art" on the market!

Go to a real Restaurant with a good reputation and they won't fail!

Good Restaurants DO NOT need Pictures to lure their potencial customers into business!

I have eaten both there and at the branch in the Big C and always enjoyed the food which in my opinion has always been good value for money. Their apricot danish by the way is delicious.

Photographs rarely equate to the dishes served in most fast food restaurants...and it looks as though they have covered themselves with the small print.

You'd be an easy sell anywhere...fine print and everything is fine.

As I said already in my post, photos often don't exactly represent the meals served...but in this case it is a total rip off as people order these meals based on the photos which in my case didn't even come close to representing the meal I ordered.

Go there and order the beef stew and then comment here.

You'd be an easy sell anywhere...fine print and everything is fine.

As I said already in my post, photos often don't exactly represent the meals served...but in this case it is a total rip off as people order these meals based on the photos which in my case didn't even come close to representing the meal I ordered.

I would like to help but beef stew unless home made with real suet dumplings is not one of my favourites :o

Written Complaint to the HQ!

Common Sense is that cause it is a chain - the meals are probably mass produced, sealed in containers shipped, simply microwaved and served... and of story.

I had some Cafe au lait, Croissants and sampled a couple of their FRESHLY made Sandwiches and Breads and have been a very happy and satisfied customer...but can't compare them to ANY homemade Restaurant owner run premises iv'e eaten at.. end of story.

Written Complaint to the HQ!

Common Sense is that cause it is a chain - the meals are probably mass produced, sealed in containers shipped, simply microwaved and served... and of story.

I had some Cafe au lait, Croissants and sampled a couple of their FRESHLY made Sandwiches and Breads and have been a very happy and satisfied customer...but can't compare them to ANY homemade Restaurant owner run premises iv'e eaten at.. end of story.

I did mention that this was my very first time at a Délifrance. I coudn't possibly comment on their whole menu, but with the vast variety of restaurants and coffee shops in Pattaya I'll be taking my money elsewhere.

I eat out once or twice a day in Pattaya, and in almost 2 years I've never had this type of problem.

I've had plenty of bad meals, but never ordered one meal and gotten another completely different meal. If the meal had some resemblance to the photo of it, I would never had made this report in the first place no matter how bad it tasted.

This restaurant has prominent photos of their menu out on the sidewalk. They use photos to sell their meals so they should provide food that looks somewhat like the photos on the sidewalk and in their menu.

Edited by tropo

i think the DF outlet at Central Festival north Pattaya is much better than RGC one. Also much bigger. The hot "cooked [microwaved]" meals I have never tried but their sandwiches are pretty good and good value too. Fresh bread and quite a bit of fillings. Choice of fillings is extensive too (one of the few places I know where you can get a brie cheese sandwich in Pattaya). My standard order of BLT on french roll is only B75. Also, the pizza breads and cheese gratin are not too bad either.