The New

Tywais

After the other thread complaining about the re-modeling of Tesco, and I was one of them, it seems the new configuration is actually pretty good. Turned it into a bit of a mini-mall but seems more space now to trolley about. Parking now with hard cover rather then netted, though the new bike parking chews up some of the car parking spaces.

Noticed they have a new small restaurant, mall style, called California Grill. Anyone tried it out yet (yeah I know, not another food thread)? :o Seemed rib-eye Thai beef was 99.00 Baht or so and imported 199 baht. Didn't have time to test it when I went today.

And they should turn the aircon up. It's not super apparent this season, but it's ridiculous at any other time. I'm just not going there anymore after the 21st. (When Big C II opens)

Is that for certain now, Nov. 21? Drove by a few days ago and seemed to be a lot of work going on. Really looking to it opening also since it is only a couple of kilometers from where I live.

. . . the new bike parking chews up some of the car parking spaces. . .

For me as a man of two wheels, that is delightful news! :D

Sorry to hear about your LEGS Rass :D

dont worry , i had a dog that had two wheels when his legs were paralysed. You will be able to live a normal life. Do get a hand brake asap though! :o

. . . the new bike parking chews up some of the car parking spaces. . .

For me as a man of two wheels, that is delightful news! :D

Sorry to hear about your LEGS Rass :D

dont worry , i had a dog that had two wheels when his legs were paralysed. You will be able to live a normal life. Do get a hand brake asap though! :D

:o:D:bah:

• 4 weeks later...

Tried the California Grill restaurant in Tescos at Hung Dong yesterday and came away quite impressed. I had a cheeseburger, fries and salad - 79B. Very, very good burger. My friend has the pepper chicken pepper steak, fries and salad - 79B. Excellent. Ok... the portion of fies is not huge, but at 79B ? No compaints.

Tried the California Grill restaurant in Tescos at Hung Dong yesterday and came away quite impressed. I had a cheeseburger, fries and salad - 79B. Very, very good burger. My friend has the pepper chicken pepper steak, fries and salad - 79B. Excellent. Ok... the portion of fies is not huge, but at 79B ? No compaints.

Thanks for the update, will give it a try soon. Also, welcome to Thaivisa and the Chiangmai Forum.

Thanks for the update, will give it a try soon. Also, welcome to Thaivisa and the Chiangmai Forum.

Many thanks Tywais. Good to be out of 'The Lurking Zone'.

Edited by Gladiator

Finally got a straight response from the manager at Tesco... they used to turn off the aircon later in the day, especially if there were not that many people in the store. After nine in the evening it was very uncomfortable. They have corrected this problem.. at least for the time being. Big C I think is the motivation... to make their clients more comfortable shopping at Tesco. Big C has not learned this lesson yet. I love the new shopping area at Big C but the store itself shuts down the air between nine thirty and ten.. I think its closer to eight myself but this is what the management told me. so fine... I know when I will shop there and when I wont. If I want to go to the store after nine or ten I will go to Tesco and during the day when the air is on Big C.