Can Sunbelt Help Me?

Dear all,

long story short,

1. i'm on a student visa(non-imm) for long long time.

2. i still haven't finished my bachelor degree in bkk.

3. recently i joined a company and they are willing to give me work permit. It is a medium size company about 50 thai's working. they have got one foreigner for who they issued work permit. He is working there for 2 years.

4. They applied for work permit for me but it is refused coz i don't have business visa, and my passport is student passport. so they suggested me to go back to my country and get business visa. they will provide me all the papers.

5. my visa expiring on 4th december 07.

5. i'm a bangladeshi citizen.

now my questions:

1. i'm scared that thai embassy in bangladesh will not provide me visa as i'm staying here for long with student visa still haven't completed bachelor degree.

2. My company is very clean on tax issue,has huge transaction every month and has high revenue. what sort of papers do i need to carry while facing business visa in Bangladesh ?

3. is there any way i could change the visa status by not going back to my country ?

4. if i have go to back, i want to get the visa quickly, does my company need to do anything with thai embassy in Bangladesh?

really tensed,

waiting for anybodies reply,

thanks so much

Just a courtesy reply to say i read your question . . . but don't know the answer!

I'd guess that not having achieved your degree wouldn't be a hinderance to you getting a visa if you have the paperwork to gain a work permit.

David

You need to contact the Royal Thai Embassy in Dhaka to get the specific current requirements.

Royal Thai Embassy

House No.14, Road No.11

Baridhara, Dhaka 1212

Tel. (88-02) 881-2795-6, 881-3260-1

Fax. (88-02) 885-4280

E-mail : [email protected]

Website lists the following documents

Official Note certifying the purpose of travel from the Government Agencies /Embassies and Consulates / International Organizations / State Enterprises inThailand. ("F" / "B" / "ED" / "M" / "R")

- Letter of acceptance from the Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare (Alien Occupational Control Division, Department of Employment , Tel 662-2452745, 245-3209, 617-6578, 617-6584 Fax. 662-6176576, 245-2593) ***

- Letter from a company stating the objective of the visit to Thailand ("B")

- Document showing correspondence with trading partners in Thailand. ("B")

- Letter of invitation from companies qualified to employ foreigners. ("B")

- Employment contract indicating rationale for hiring the applicant as well as his/her salary, position and qualifications (document must be signed by authorized managing director and affixed the seal of the company) ("B")

- Copy of Work Permit issued by the Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare (only in case the applicant has previously worked in the Kingdom ) ("B")

- Copy of corporate documents; namely 1) list of shareholders 2) business registration and business license 3) company profile 4) details of business operation 5) list of foreign workers stating names, nationalities and positions 6) map indicating the location of the company 7) Balance sheet, statement of Income Tax and BusinessTax (Por Ngor Dor 50 and Por Ngor Dor 30) of the latest year 8) Alien income tax return (Por Ngor Dor 91) and 9) Value-added tax registration (Por Ngor Dor 20) , etc.("B")

- Copy of educational records of the applicant and letters of recommendation from the prior employers, identifying job description and length of service time. ("B")

- Document indicating the number of foreign tourists (for tourism business only),or document indicating export transactions issued by banks (for export business only)("B")

- Evidence of adequate finance ( 20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family )

Generally, the issue of a non-b business visa is pretty straight forward as it is only a 3 month visa.

The HR department of your company should know what papers you need. Ive had multiple visas of this type, and still couldnt tell you all the papers. Its half a trees worth at least.

However, i find it strange that your WP application was rejected. Many employees in the Labour Department are unaware that a WP can be issued on ANY type on Non-immigrant visa, not just business. I had to print off the page from the labour department website and take it with me when i applied for my WP with Non-O visa.

Whatever, best of luck with your visa and job.

Regards

it was rejected coz on my passport it is writen "occapasion : student"......i need to change that also from here.

but thanks for all the replies guys.

the new HR team of my company doesn't know anything even though foreigners with work permit are working here. so i want to make sure i have all the papers in my hand.

I'm just really tense,

i hope i won't have problem in Bangladesh facing the Thai embassy.....i heard they are cruel.

Hi,

i was just wondering if it is possible to change non-imm ED visa to non-imm B visa by not going to the home country?

The company that i'm working are eligible to provide work permit. They have a staff who has work permit. They can provide me with all the necessary documents to get non-imm B visa.

1. i'm Bangladeshi citizen.

2. My visa (non-imm ED) ending on the 4th of December.

3. My company has a good reputation and can provide all the necessary papers.

My questions:

is it possible to change the visa in this short period of time by not visiting the home country and extend it? can sunbelt help? if then how much would they charge?

It seems i can easily make it done by visiting my country with all the papers. but i'm worried about the time and fuss. I really need to work in this period of the time for my company and get work permit asap.

i have been posting about this in this thread.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=155021

waiting to hear from Sunbelt,

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

i'm back in Bangladesh for my non imm "B" visa. I have mostly all my papers ready from my company including wp3 form reciept where it sayz to collect the work permit on dec 12th. I couldn't collect my WP as my visa was ending so i had to come back. My company will send the WP if needed. Only thing i worry is that i don't have degree yet.

After thai embassy collected my papers (didn't take my passport), they called me for an interview which is completely new for me.

Now i'm death nervious about this interview!!! Any tips guys?

Dear all,

in my interview with the counselor, she wanted to see a letter from the Ministry of labour even though i showed the receipt that i'm getting work permit by next week. Now my office will send me the letter from the ministry by email .

The counselor also wanted to see my education certificate which i don't have. As i have stated earlier that i studied in thailand for 6/7 years but didn't finish the degree. I worked for last few years with education visa without having to go to the class.

now the counselor wants the letter from the ministry of labor which i can manage. but how about the certificate? if they don't see the certificate they might ask what did you do in bkk for so long with education visa?

extremely tense....any idea...