Disruptive Early Morning Flights From Cm Airport

Thaihog

Does anybody have any idea what flight is currently departing CM at approx 02:00 hours in the morning? It's bloody annoying as my condo is on the flight path. The flights started about 2 weeks ago. I guess that early morning departures could become more frequent as CM airport gains increasing international routes.

Cheers.

I heard it for the first time this morning....The taxi-ing sounded like a UFO was hovering around. Things sound much louder when everything is very quiet anyway.

Probably only noticing it as we are sleeping with the windows open now and dont have the roar of the aircon to drown it out,

Hi

I've been wondering about that flight for a few weeks now too. even if we were living in a developed country, i'd still fear that this could be the thin end of the wedge. at least this is one good reason to be thankful for renting rather than buying our current abode.

thanks to sceadugenga for the detective work on the flight.

h.

Can you call the airport and get the answer? They should be able to give you the best/correct flight and all. Maybe you could make some complain eh? :o

condo woner:hi what was that loud roar i just heard?

airport : helooor?

c/o : was it a plane?

airport : heloor

c/o : make it stop please

airport : heloor ....

join the bkk airport petition against late night flights. tell them the problems have reached chiang mai. do something!. i live in san kampheng and the only thing i hear at 2.00am are chickens, geckos and the aircond compressor roaring its jet off.

post-29436-1196564482_thumb.jpg

Does anybody have any idea what flight is currently departing CM at approx 02:00 hours in the morning? It's bloody annoying as my condo is on the flight path.

Cheers.

The airport's been there for a lot longer than the 25 that I've known it. You haven't. Simple solution..........move.

Is that supposed to be funny? Learn to speak Thai and you won't have to make such asinine posts.

Does anybody have any idea what flight is currently departing CM at approx 02:00 hours in the morning? It's bloody annoying as my condo is on the flight path.

Cheers.

The airport's been there for a lot longer than the 25 that I've known it. You haven't. Simple solution..........move.

Is that supposed to be funny? Learn to speak Thai and you won't have to make such asinine posts.

But Bill, property owners trick people into moving into aircraft flight path areas with lower rents. :o

Can you call the airport and get the answer? They should be able to give you the best/correct flight and all. Maybe you could make some complain eh? :D

:D

I wish you could get some sleep at the end of the night and I really hope they (airport) could do something about it. It is the same problem people who live around Suwannabhum Airport having now. Hate when they say 'you have just to get used to it' -- sucks! :o

I wish you could get some sleep at the end of the night and I really hope they (airport) could do something about it. It is the same problem people who live around Suwannabhum Airport having now. Hate when they say 'you have just to get used to it' -- sucks! :o

Wrong. Chiang Mai Airport has been there long before any development on the approach/departure so for those that complain after they build or move into the area.......too bad.

Suvarnaphumi has been where it is for no time at all so the people who have been established there long before airport was even in the planning stage it is most unfortunate.

Blinky obviously had a good night last night :D

Perhaps he should take an aspirin or two before posting during the morning after! :o

Blinky obviously had a good night last night :D

Perhaps he should take an aspirin or two before posting during the morning after! :o

Blinky Bill is obviously just a just a Country Bunkin that speaks his mind.

Cheers.

:o

I wish you could get some sleep at the end of the night and I really hope they (airport) could do something about it. It is the same problem people who live around Suwannabhum Airport having now. Hate when they say 'you have just to get used to it' -- sucks! :D

Wrong. Chiang Mai Airport has been there long before any development on the approach/departure so for those that complain after they build or move into the area.......too bad.

Suvarnaphumi has been where it is for no time at all so the people who have been established there long before airport was even in the planning stage it is most unfortunate.

BB.....Suvaranaphum has been in the planning stages since 1966 :o

I read a couple of days ago that Suvarnaphumi has over 100 flights that depart after 10:00pm and before 06:00am and the local residents have complained. The courts have said they are not empowered to prevent such flights since that would amount to breaking a contract between the airlines. Methinks that complaints about the single Korean airways flight would attract little sympathy given those circumstances.

The flights from Seol have only recently started, they bring tourists to CM that would otherwise not be here, which has to be good for the local economy...only downside is getting stuck behind the Koreans on a golf course !!

A few night flights a week I can live with for the benefits to the City.

Edit....also means that we have the chance of visiting Seol without having to fly to BKK as well

Edited by ThaiPauly

let's bring in more international flights. the new int. terminal is extremely quiet except for the mornings. hate stopping at bkk.

I'm sure there will soon be direct flights to Japan and eastern China timed to land there early morning.

Edit....also means that we have the chance of visiting Seol without having to fly to BKK as well

Aah Seoul. Sounds wonderful.

:o

As sharp as a very sharp thing! Who suggested that you might be operating through the fog of a hangover?! Good to see you around here again.

JxP

Edit: Oh, and good point well made, the airport hasn't exactly been hiding so the only real solution is like it, lump it or move. We catch some of the flight noise at home but it doesn't really bother us . . . yet. Chiang Mai must move with the times, no point complaining about it.

Edited by JuniorExPat

They have to fill up all these new hotels somehow. :o

There's a lot of wisdom in that statement Sally. 5 Star hotel chains like the Shangri-La have done their homework regarding what the future holds for Chiangmai in terms of direct international access - otherwise they wouldn't bother investing. Sofitel too - I wonder who is next The Oriental?

Well we have the Oriental out on the way to Sankamphaeng. We have Le Meridien, Shangri-La etc etc.

They are building opposite the Amata Lanna, which apparently is another hotel. Then a friend of a friend who stays longterm at a guesthouse near Night bazaar was told maybe next year "all gone" as it might be sold and knocked down to build .....

yes, you guessed it, another hotel. :o

Then you have the new condos going up which a lot of people will be looking to rent out and the serviced apartments.

Either there are a lot of stupid businessmen, this is a massive tax deduction scheme or a lot of people just haven't done their homework at all.

I guess only time will tell!