Restaurants Serving Fish?

Taggart

Tha Thanom Restaurant at the end of Changklan by the river.

Go past Sofitel (on your left), round the bend and it's on the LHS.

Has a large Thai clientele.

Sorry, that might be Thanaam - I drive home past it every day and been in there several times, so I should know. :o Anyway its got a forecourt where they sell pictures and stuff and lots of parking opposite. You can order your fish cooked in a variety of ways - price between 100-150 Baht per fish. They do a good Tom Yum Gung too.

One more for you...

Pla Phao Pak Sod is the restaurant's name

The name means Grilled Fish and Fresh Vegetables!

They have 3-4 types of fish, cooked at least 10 different ways:

Gang Som - spicy soup - different from Tom Yam - chillies, turmeric, onion, lemon grass, lime, garlic all pounded into a paste

Yam - spicy fish salad

2 types of Tom Yam - spicy clear soup, or spicy coconut soup

Salt-coated whole fish - not too salty!

Pla Tod Sa Mun Pri - Deep fried whole fish with herbs

Steamed whole fish with lime - Pla Neung Manao

and some others! My GF is telling me these, as she knows them well, and I can't remember!!

It is on Canal Road, south of Suthep rd. about 5 minutes south on the left (east) side (she says 5 - I say 3! She says 'not 3, for sure')

It is just past a u-turn - maybe the first u-turn after Suthep rd (but that would make it less than 5 minutes - oh my GF just hit me because I never listen to her...)

And it also just past a gas station and a bar called 'Song Sa Leung' (all on the left)

- no english signs for the bar or the restaurant - too bad.

It is a really big restaurant - open walls. And it is right on the highway - not set back at all. You will see lots of motorbikes parked along the front. (Car park beside the restaurant)

They have a small English menu, but the restaurant has many other dishes on the Thai menu - sigh.

Cheap, and very big fish dishes. And a regular Thai selection of other dishes

And also try Pak Beung Tod - crispy-fried spinach-like vegetable - my GF's favourite!

If you can't find it, just ask. Anybody in the area should know (if you can get them to understand your Thai)

Very popular with university students

A short walk from the night bazaar straight over the traffic lights by Pantip Plaza and about 100 yards on your left. Fatty Funny seafood restaurant is good quality and value. Plastic seats and tin tables but who cares about that when the food is good :o