Aging Expats, All Final Arrangements Made?

cm-happy

I always assumed as Non -immigrants with very few rights here in

Thailand while were still breathing that as dead Non -Immigrants

we would be immediately shipped back to whence we came

It pleases me to hear that this may not be the case

does anyone know the true regulations about this ? who actually has a right

to be cremated/buried here?

As far as I know anybody who lives in the country is permitted to be buried or cremated which is what my wife has planned for me. Your embassy should be informed as there will be paper work to be completed and it may be helpful if you can get a falang to help your wife out and you could do the same for them.

This maybe a morbid thread. But just wondering if others have made all their final arrangements when the inevitable happens.

final will

box selected & paid for

chedi selected & paid for

chedi site selected & paid for

tried to advance pay local wat for cremation services, but they would not let me.

Better to do it while you can rather than having loved ones running around trying to take care of all these details.

But then that is just me. want EVERYTHING tied up in a neat bundle.

leave to the living ti figure OUT :o:D:D

I have attended the cremation of two friends down at the local wat so I assume that on the production of a death certificate and a stiff, the monks will do the necessary, particularly as they seem to collect big time for the event. My understanding is that if a doctor is satisfied that there is no evidence of anything untoward, a death certificate is issued. In the UK the law used to be, maybe still is, that if the body is to be cremated, then two doctors must sign. Maybe that is the case here. So the police are not informed? Does anybody inform the the Consulate?

How many cases of widows collecting the pensions and annuities for years after the demise of the beneficiary? Just asking.

Edited by Bagwan

Discussing this recently, a couple of us non-Buddhist expatriates said we wished to be cremated, without Buddhist rites, and preferably with Christian rites. Does one find a Christian pastor locally for that, ahead of time, or can one at least request that the burning be done without Buddhist ceremonies?

My understanding is that the Thai government have no problem with you leaving your body or soul in Thailand as long as you continue to renew your visa! :o

Interesting topic. Thanks. So far the information seems to be for expats and those actually living in Thailand. I travel regularly from Australia to Thailand - but on a Visitor's Visa (30 days, Visa on Arrival).

If I pass away in Thailand, can I have a Buddhist funeral - or must my body be shipped back to Australia?

Peter