60 Day Tourist Visa

Hey everyone,

Personally, I dont want to have to leave every 29 days to renew my tourist visa. I'm wondering whether anyone has renewed their visas at the Thai embassies in Rangoon or Kuala Lumpur and gotten repeat 60 day return visas into Thailand. I understand of course that this takes longer than the 5 minute walk across but its worth it to me. Does anyone know the turn around time for the thai consulate offices?

Second question - I havent left for Thailand yet. Was going to apply for a visa here in the US (to get the 60 day tourist visa). Has anyone had a hassle getting the full sixty day permission once they landed in BKK? Is there a way to overcome this?

Thanks!

Hey everyone,

Personally, I dont want to have to leave every 29 days to renew my tourist visa. I'm wondering whether anyone has renewed their visas at the Thai embassies in Rangoon or Kuala Lumpur and gotten repeat 60 day return visas into Thailand. I understand of course that this takes longer than the 5 minute walk across but its worth it to me. Does anyone know the turn around time for the thai consulate offices?

Second question - I havent left for Thailand yet. Was going to apply for a visa here in the US (to get the 60 day tourist visa). Has anyone had a hassle getting the full sixty day permission once they landed in BKK? Is there a way to overcome this?

Thanks!

Get two entries of a tourist visa before you leave home. That will enable two 60 day stays, and both 60 day stays can be extended by 30 days each time. You will have to cross a border only once, and you get a 6 month stay. If you have 60 day torist visa/s you will be granted a 60 day stay on arrival.

Just to add to Dr.P make sure your passport has 6 month left to run before it expires from the time you enter Thailand or if you apply for a 2 entry tourist visa, 6 months from the time of your 2nd entry back into Thailand. Dont worry about obtaining a 2 entry tourist visa it is common practice.

Turaround time in Penang, Vientianne and UK is usually 2 days.

Don't know the situation in the US, but was back in the UK last year and when applying for a NON O the Consulate in Hull sent me info on Tourist visas as well. Was surprised to see that they had prices for triple, quadruple and multiple entry Tourist visa. I'd thought double entries were the maximum allowed.

Depending on the length of your stay, it might be worth checking these options out.

With a little care a double entry tourist visa will last you 6 months.

2 months on the first entry

1 month extension whilst still in Thailand (1900 baht)

Border run.

2 months on second entry

1 month extension again (1900 baht)