Hotels Nearest To Royal Cliff Resort

dikman07

Need some on-site help from members. I understand from forums that Cosy Beach Hotel is the next door hotel to Royal Cliff Resort and PEACH.But news that the access to and fro between these next door hotels is permanently closed.How true is this?How does one access the Royal Cliff from Cosy?How far is the walk?How long does it take?Are there any taxis or bikes to Royal Cliff from Cosy?

Alternatively,which is the next nearest decent hotel to the Royal Cliff Resort?

I am sure travellers to conventions at PEACH noticed the enormously high rates at Royal Cliff compared to other big hotels.Are they fleezing us?...

Is it possible to rent a bicycle in Pattaya at Cosy Hotel for daily transportation means?

Possibly just the beach access is closed off? It's still fairly close just by the main road. A walk, but not that far.

For both hotels the location means that getting in and out of town costs money.. The baht bus drivers usually want a considerable sum to drive you up there, especially at night. It's much better if you have your own transportation. You can't rent a bicycle, but you could rent one in town. Or a motorbike, which would solve all your transportation worries.. Do make sure you lock any rented bike very securely though.

I think the Cosy Beach is good value for the money, though I think prices were raised somewhat. Check the booking sites. A lot of Russian package tours use the place, it's a good spot with a really nice small little beach just outside.

Cosy Beach is a very nice hotel but like all the hotels on the peninsular they are miles from any civilized public transport and you will be at the mercy of the sharks if you want to go into Pattaya.

I would think twice about hiring a car or bike as probably you will want to go into Pattaya regularly for a beer or two...

BB

• 2 weeks later...

thanks guys for the suggestions.

BTW anyone knows if Cosy Beach is Girl Friendly?

I have booked a double...meaning for two guests..and i suppose it is ok to bring a guest.I have done this in Bkk hotels and just shiovel off t he security by saying that my room is for two.Don't know if they understood me but that got the flies away.

I suppose if Cosy is a big hotel there are not too many eyes and busy security to ask every guest to show identity.

Sometimes i just play don't care and walk striaght to the lifts.

Any insighst on Cosy?

I have stayed at the Cosy Beach (really a good value for money hotel) and visited a friend who stayed at the Royal Cliff. There is (at least was) a staff gate at the back of the Royal Cliff plot towards Cosy Beach. Although there was a guard, I just walked through the gate without any questions asked. I guess it is a 5-6 minutes walk or so from lobby to lobby.

Regarding bringing a thai visitor to the Cosy Beach, I am quite sure you have to pay a fee established by the hotel (probably around 500 baht, maybe even more) plus the security will check the visitors ID.

Have a nice stay.

p.s. Due to its remote location (far from regular transport routes), it would be reasonable to rent a bike. There is a small convenient parking lot for bikes just to the right of the main entrance. Otherwise you have to charter a baht bus, which is not cheap.

the gateway from the cosy to the royal cliff is definately closed permanently.... you can walk around in about 10 or so minutes..... there are many motorbike taxis and motorbikes for rent...

there are many other hotels near by, most of them full up with russians.... the dynasty resort is quite popular with english people and is girl friendly...http://www.dynastyinn.com/beta_DynastyResortPattaya.htm

there is also the mountain beach hotel, island view hotel, pattaya bay hotel and a small hotel called the royal view.... not sure which of these are girl friendly....

i live locally so can try and offer any advice if needed...

• 2 weeks later...
the gateway from the cosy to the royal cliff is definately closed permanently.... you can walk around in about 10 or so minutes..... there are many motorbike taxis and motorbikes for rent...

there are many other hotels near by, most of them full up with russians.... the dynasty resort is quite popular with english people and is girl friendly...http://www.dynastyinn.com/beta_DynastyResortPattaya.htm

there is also the mountain beach hotel, island view hotel, pattaya bay hotel and a small hotel called the royal view.... not sure which of these are girl friendly....

i live locally so can try and offer any advice if needed...

Thanks donbdc...lots of choices ...guess once i get there will take a look at alll of these places and select a second stop over my stay in march...

also ,got confirmation from hotel that if i pay for a double, no joiner fee will be charged...good deal...

will certainly look forward to meet some russian friends too...will also look forward to meeting a friend and her disco jockey at Lucifer...

how about you donbdc?..free for a drink?..