Iphone How Do I Get It On The Net? Help

funfun

Funfun do you have Wifi where you live? If you do make sure it's turned on on your phone (Settings>General>Network>Wi-Fi = on) and the phone will connect automatically. If you don't have Wi-Fi at home go to somewhere that does (Siam Square, Silom, Paragon etc.) Or use Edge but thats gonna cost you a little money. If you want the DTAC edge settings let me know.

Funfun do you have Wifi where you live? If you do make sure it's turned on on your phone (Settings>General>Network>Wi-Fi = on) and the phone will connect automatically. If you don't have Wi-Fi at home go to somewhere that does (Siam Square, Silom, Paragon etc.) Or use Edge but thats gonna cost you a little money. If you want the DTAC edge settings let me know.

Thanks miniwai

no dont have it at condo but picks up marklands signal occasionally, but bar round corner tropical berts has (i think) (come on bertie ?) so ill go try

have it swtched on under ask to connect or somthing similar

not on dtac, on true think it used to be orange but not sure

but would like to be able to connect anywhere, but the phone just asks lots of settings i aint got a clue about

and damien, yes mate was bought here (pattaya) but am using the same sim i had for 2 years, at first it came witha sim somthing like at&t but that wouldnt work in the phone , we put mine in worked ok but couldnt get all my nos so got it unlocked or whatever they did and all my old nos are now on.

hope this helps chaps cos would like to see it work!

cheers chris

Right ok, what I did was go to Ais (since Im on an ais package) and had them set it up. All they landed up doing was typing the word Wap in the (settings - general - network - edge - APN) line.... you can try that but that might just be the setup for Ais. Also, after they did that IT DID NOT WORK, and when I asked them why they said "your phone cannot work internet". I told them that was bullsheet and that everyone elses iphone works for internet, they told me "yes but your phone broken". <deleted> nitwits.... typical Thailand, if they don't have the answer they just make one up. When I got home I messed around, all I did was use the program "services" I had installed with the installer through wifi to turn the edge off and on again and it worked fine after that.

Try the wap line where I told you, if that doesnt work go to your phone plan payment/help center. I'm sure there is a way to easily tell what plan you are on if you have forgotten..... but I forget what that might be!

Damian

Edited by DamianMavis

Hi Funfun without Wi-Fi, your gonna have to use Edge/GPRS to connect to the internet (True currently don't have Edge support according to their web site, but will have soon) You'll need to contact them and ask them for the (GPRS) settings and place them in the network setting as mentioned above.

In the meantime I would consider getting Wi-Fi if I were you, assuming you already have an internet connection in your condo. Just buy a Wi-Fi router and you'll be off (well kind of) Wi-fi brings the Iphone alive......

Hi, the AIS 1-2-call setup is quite easy. Go to "Settings" then "General" then "Network" then "Edge".

You'l see APN. There I entered "internet", nothing in Username and/or password.

I am on a 999 Bht unlimited GPRS package with AIS, on my 1-2-call card. Works fine in most cases. I usually switch off WIFI because that saves a lot of battery life.

Hope that helps

Moo9

I'm not sure about True in Pattaya, but out here at Lake Mabprachan (not THAT far out) they don't even have normal GPRS.

Since the iphone is Edge capable anyway (faster then gprs) I would switch to either AIS or Dtac! GPRS speed is margainal at best, Edge is at least bearable...

Poor old Bertie, he already has the real estate thing and the beauty salon thing leeching of his internet, and now FunFun as well :o:D :D

I'm not sure about True in Pattaya, but out here at Lake Mabprachan (not THAT far out) they don't even have normal GPRS.

Since the iphone is Edge capable anyway (faster then gprs) I would switch to either AIS or Dtac! GPRS speed is margainal at best, Edge is at least bearable...

Poor old Bertie, he already has the real estate thing and the beauty salon thing leeching of his internet, and now FunFun as well :o:D :D

right chaps i went for a try at tropical berts, spent thirty mins choseing different options, on edge and wap etc then had a good idea.

had a full english breakfast cup of tea and a l&m light and hey presto was on wi-fi, excellent phone loved it, turned out when you pick up wi fi tropical berts or othre i press the right side of button when i onley needed to press left side!

but hey well happy now, so today will get myselfe a wi fi router, then next thing sort out the true bits or maybe change operator!

monty, moo9, miniwai, & DamianMavis Thanks very much

chris

ps. youll see another thread today called" just bought a router any ideas how to turn it on?"